What's new

"the high-pod"

well everyone, i am thinking it is soon time to pull this fat girl out of her can...i did some math today, and she has been in flower for 81 days. I have run other girls from this batch of seeds and flowered usually into the mid 70's, so this one is taking it's time compared to those. it has really started to throw off some nice smells. i will post up a bud shot in a few minutes and we will see if she is ready for the chop.

Pig-Pen

inefectualize said:
well everyone, i am thinking it is soon time to pull this fat girl out of her can...i did some math today, and she has been in flower for 81 days. I have run other girls from this batch of seeds and flowered usually into the mid 70's, so this one is taking it's time compared to those. it has really started to throw off some nice smells. i will post up a bud shot in a few minutes and we will see if she is ready for the chop.

Standing-by, captain.

I really like this idea your setup is very clean and could be very stealthy, both things I look for in "grow boxes". Im very interested to see the kind of yield you can pull with that. Ill be watching this till the end and good luck!!!

K

khaleel

inefectualize said:
the trichs dont lie or do they? not enough ambers

dude this looks pretty good. remember trichs turn amber from the head down, and not all trichs will get amber outside of their head. in fact when they first start turning its just a little red dot in the middle of the head. they are pretty tough to see without a 30x or more, imho. if you're going for the traditional standard of 10% clear, 80% cloudy, 10% amber, you won't likely see much red without a good look at the heads.

best way is to cut a nug big enough for a bowl (remember it will shrink about 50% in appearance), hang it for a couple days, and blaze man!!! you'll know if it's the right type of high for you, whether you like heady (early) or couchlock (late).

i'm in a similar boat right now. i took everything out of my apartment that had to do with growing except for my last girl (she was too big to transport) and a borrowed 400 hps, on loan for the next 2 weeks from a friend. so now i don't have my pocket microscope to check trichs (btw go to radioshack, they are $15), just the macros from my digital camera. but as fate would have it, i am out of bud and thus forced to take drastic measures to see if she's ready or not. as i type this, i am very very stoned from a bud i cut directly off the plant and threw in the oven at 200deg for 20 min. tastes like shit with this method, i'm not gonna lie. and the buzz isn't nearly as good as it will be with a few days' hangin and some time in the jar. but fuck it, THC isn't activated at anything lower than 250deg, if my sources are correct, and a quick dry in the oven isn't so much as to eliminate the potency. it'll get you high. and if it gets you REAL high, with such a quick-dry method, then you know with a proper dry/cure it will get you REAL FUKING high.

i usually harvest earlier than most, but if i've learned anything over the last 12 months of perpetual growing, that shit looks dank enough to smoke. :D great job mate

SDOG

Definitely looks like you could run it another week. Patience are a virtue. You said you have cut in the mid 70's in the past well you should explore the strain and see what running it longer is like. Just my opinion. Good luck. I always enjoy a nice couchlock. :rasta:

so i had a few beers this evening and just decided to cut her down......it probably could have gone a bit longer but i am excited to throw a new plant in there! so, i would have to say i was a bit surprised in a good way with what i cut out of her....i will let you all judge for yourselves.... im thinking it will be pretty close to three z's.....maybe more?? oh well i will let it dry a bit, give it a final manicure and then see what she weighs! thanks for watching everybody!

bingobango

Awesome results dude,can't believe thatscome out of a dustbin,lol.
I see your a fan of the pale ale too,only tried that beer last week,nice and fruity :joint:

ayekappy

A definite success! :jump: :jump: :jump:

As far as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale goes... The brewery is <10 miles away from my house :muahaha:

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Simply stunning results inefectualize, way to grow bro, will be interesting to see what that girl weighs dry. Awesome job!

Peace an Respect

b00m :rasta: :rasta:

Pig-Pen

inefectualize said:
so i had a few beers this evening and just decided to cut her down......it probably could have gone a bit longer but i am excited to throw a new plant in there! so, i would have to say i was a bit surprised in a good way with what i cut out of her....i will let you all judge for yourselves.... im thinking it will be pretty close to three z's.....maybe more?? oh well i will let it dry a bit, give it a final manicure and then see what she weighs! thanks for watching everybody!

Fuckin' Right! That's what I was hoping to see. Fuck a Phototron. :muahaha:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Fuck yea bro!!! Show em what some cfl's will do!! thats a nice amount of bud for one plant good job man major props on that I think I'm gonna have to make one now

i had to do a search for phototron because i didnt know what it was....pretty much the same idea that i was doing, but i would think that having glass walls probably isnt very good at reflecting the light back
:bashhead:

pretty nifty little things