What's new

"the high-pod"

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea Buddy! Thats what I'm talking about you're going to have some damn good quality bud from this grow....Congrats man I like the style :rasta:

Tony Danza

looking good man.

One question, how do you take the plant out for care and watering, or do you water with a beer bong or something?

i can pop a vent out on the bottom and water with a watering can....surely a weakness of the design, but not too bad to get around....when it is ready for harvest i am going to take the plant out and photograph it's structure.....the whole bottom 4 inches of the can is soil so you can water anywhere really....i also think that having broad shallow root zones really promotes rapid and plentiful root development ... thanks all for looking!

johnathanvpr

damn, damn, damn, I love it bro. i want to build it for sure- need some info on the lights though. how many days into flower right now? never grown drainless though- any diffrence??

Pig-Pen

inefectualize said:
i dont think i really mentioned this previously, but i am running a custom soil mix without drains....i have grown lots of times before without drains with really good results, anyone else grow drainless???

Drainless, here. :wave:

Never thought I'd say this to another dude, but you've got a sweet can.:yoinks:

Pig-Pen

Couple Q's....

How hard is it to water that plant now? :D

How are those elbows attached to the trash can, epoxy or what?

i have two access ports on the bottom and with a watering can i can water at the stem of the plant. The pvc elbows fit tightly on the hole sawed holes and the cap inserts that fit in the outside hold it tightly together. Everything on the inside is held together with tight fit and industrial velcro so it can be taken apart and put together very easily. The buds are getting big! :joint:

S

statictattoo

Wheres the pics bro!! Haha good call on a watering port, i was wondering myself how you watered that beast :joint:

b8man

Veteran
Really - very impressive!

Can't wait to see the end yield.

Kudos Inefectualize.

Pig-Pen

AWWW....Come On Now..........................:drum:............................:confused:.......................:spank:

Last edited:
ive bin followin this for a while... i seem to forget about then randomly come across is agian and think to myself (HELL YEAHHHH) beautiful set up brother very clean can wait for the yeild and a smoke report=)

BicFlicker

What did you use to make those "cool tubes" for your flouros? You said you used PVC elbows, but what exactly did you use for the clear tubes sticking out of the elbows? Everything just fits together so perfectly. Also, I may have missed it, but exactly what kind of lights are those? I tried doing a search for linear CFL on ebay, and home depots web page, but nothing was coming up... Awesome high pod man. I'll definitely be borrowing some ideas from you when it comes time to design my box.

Hermes

BicFlicker said:
What did you use to make those "cool tubes" for your flouros? You said you used PVC elbows, but what exactly did you use for the clear tubes sticking out of the elbows? Everything just fits together so perfectly. Also, I may have missed it, but exactly what kind of lights are those? I tried doing a search for linear CFL on ebay, and home depots web page, but nothing was coming up... Awesome high pod man. I'll definitely be borrowing some ideas from you when it comes time to design my box.

I believe I found the same lights at HTG supply. I can't post the link though. Go there though, and head to lamps/bulbs from the main page. Then click on the fluorescent bulbs part. Click the T5 lights on the next menu that appears. On this last screen, scroll down to the very last bulbs, called BIAX F55T5 High Output. They have both spectrums needed. It's $16 for 2. I'm not sure what kind of hookups you'd use for it though. I too would love an instruction set for this high pod, so hopefully the OP will come out with one.