What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoors in the UK

July

Evening,

I am starting a journey into the world of outdoor growing this year (had one go before a few years ago with a mate, but we don't talk about that :rolleyes:)
Aside from that its been about 6 years since i last grew any weed properly, and that was all indoors, but as many of us know, circumstances mean that these days that's just a no go for me.
I live in the countryside anyway so i knew places to start looking when a friend said at VERY short notice they had run out of space in their grow room and were going to throw 2 Buddha's Sister in the bin!! :noway: i asked him to hold them for a couple of days till i could get sorted and they have now been in the ground for 4 days now, without cages i might add, my stupidity and now i need to hope they last a few more days till i can sort it.
tisv6.jpg

MjMI7.jpg

I have 4 Purple Maroc's and some bagseed germed and read to go, and i might get a pack of auto's if anyone can recommend a good outdoor auto?

Have a good evening anyway :smoke:

Phantomx

The plants look great. Good job!

However, you could have used much less snail poison, something like 10% of what you added.

July

The plants look great. Good job!

However, you could have used much less snail poison, something like 10% of what you added.
I was'nt sure and when i put them in it was 1am and i did'nt really see how much id put down tbh, but thanks for the heads up

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good July,

That plant looks very happy :biggrin:

And about the pellets, added to what has been said, try to distribute them around the plant, but keeping some distance. The pellets will attrack snails, so they'll eat 'em rather than the plant, but you don't want any of the chems that wash out into your roots after it rains.

And yeah, get a cage if you have small mammals around, tho that many pellets shoud also keep 'em away for some days :laughing:

B

July

Looking good July,

That plant looks very happy :biggrin:

And about the pellets, added to what has been said, try to distribute them around the plant, but keeping some distance. The pellets will attrack snails, so they'll eat 'em rather than the plant, but you don't want any of the chems that wash out into your roots after it rains.

And yeah, get a cage if you have small mammals around, tho that many pellets shoud also keep 'em away for some days :laughing:

B
Thanks, im going to take some cages up in the next few days, can't get there at the moment, im fortunate that the spot is at the back of a huge area of lush grass and tree's so the local deer/rabbits seem to head there rather than where the plants are.

niceeven

Thanks, im going to take some cages up in the next few days, can't get there at the moment, im fortunate that the spot is at the back of a huge area of lush grass and tree's so the local deer/rabbits seem to head there rather than where the plants are.

Hey July, just a note of caution, once you will have been going to your spot for a while you will end up making a trail, as faint as it will be animals will notice. That trail will attract the rabbits and other creatures you are talking about. My experience is they will often leave our plants alone until we lead them to our patches OURSELVES! It can happen! Just a thought!

Keep up the great work!

July

Hey July, just a note of caution, once you will have been going to your spot for a while you will end up making a trail, as faint as it will be animals will notice. That trail will attract the rabbits and other creatures you are talking about. My experience is they will often leave our plants alone until we lead them to our patches OURSELVES! It can happen! Just a thought!

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for that, there is actually a few different ways i can walk up to the patch so i will just start to mix it up a bit. Im slightly more concerned about the fact the other day when i was up there, i dived into the bushes to take some pics of 2 deer mucking about in the rain, and noticed 3 empty bags of compost, but it was nowhere near my plants more on the main path, but i don't know how long they have been there for, i have a feeling someone else might be doing something further up, its a large area with plenty of good spots and it's quiet. i just need to keep an eye out, maybe get one of those trail cams. We have some hell wind today here in the UK so fingers crossed they are even still there when i go up next time:plant grow:

RudeDog

Veteran
Those plants look good mate....They look sturdy enough to survive this latest on slaught of bad weather....My outdoor tomato plants are looking sorry.

Good choice with the Purple Maroc...I grew the Maroc in me greenhouse last year.

niceeven

I see what you mean, hopefully it won't get too busy at your area. I have noticed that trails, any trail, are a magnet both for people and wildlife but if you are out of the way somehow it's surprising how long a tucked in area can stay quiet. Taking a different way every time is the ticket if you can do it. I normally start early in the season, before the vegetation is out actually. So that once things get quite green all of my supplies are in. Once the green is there it's much easier to leave tracks. Then once the plants are in I have no more excuses for needing to park closer so I can bring stuf. Then I rally start mixing it in. Parking at a different place every times if I can and accessing the area from a different direction periodically. It seems to work for me. Both animals and humans are creatures of habit, besides, we are both very curious, remove the incentives or the ease to enter the area to explore and somehow laziness seems to prevail! For humans anyhow...
looks like you are going in the right direction bro.
Looks great, good luck to you!

July

Those plants look good mate....They look sturdy enough to survive this latest on slaught of bad weather....My outdoor tomato plants are looking sorry.

Good choice with the Purple Maroc...I grew the Maroc in me greenhouse last year.
Yeah i hope they will be ok, the Maroc's came recommended as a good outdoor seed.

July

I see what you mean, hopefully it won't get too busy at your area. I have noticed that trails, any trail, are a magnet both for people and wildlife but if you are out of the way somehow it's surprising how long a tucked in area can stay quiet. Taking a different way every time is the ticket if you can do it. I normally start early in the season, before the vegetation is out actually. So that once things get quite green all of my supplies are in. Once the green is there it's much easier to leave tracks. Then once the plants are in I have no more excuses for needing to park closer so I can bring stuf. Then I rally start mixing it in. Parking at a different place every times if I can and accessing the area from a different direction periodically. It seems to work for me. Both animals and humans are creatures of habit, besides, we are both very curious, remove the incentives or the ease to enter the area to explore and somehow laziness seems to prevail! For humans anyhow...
looks like you are going in the right direction bro.
Looks great, good luck to you!
Yeah, i would have liked a bit more prep time tbh, this is all came about at very short notice, and even though the spot is not far from where i live, its still not the easiest place to take large bags of compost and stuff to, im having to be a bit clever about it at the moment, and finding those empty bags has made me even more alert to whats going on.

Nunsacred

Good luck :)

Purple Maroc seems to do well for UK people though so try to give those plants the best and safest places.

I tend to go for the minimalist approach.
UK soil tends to be good. Good enough, if you see what I mean.
Forget site prep, plant where you like, respond to the successful ones with feed.
FBB powder scattered around the plants and area as you leave the site. It helps keep deer away as well as feeding the plants at a safe rate.

With the indoor plants outside, be ready to chop them early, the UK is too damp and mouldy for indoor strains out there at night in dewy conditions.
Mould can be difficult to see - get clued up from pictures of it.

Get some FBB powder and use that as general plant feed - scatter it lightly around the plants and then a patch about 5m away - it's a scent warning for deer - the only downside is it might attract foxes and you might tread in foxshit, beware that shit.

Someone gave me a cross of Nepalese x Iranian last year and it was unbelievably easy to grow and was ready in September. :)

Good luck

July

Good luck :)

Purple Maroc seems to do well for UK people though so try to give those plants the best and safest places.

I tend to go for the minimalist approach.
UK soil tends to be good. Good enough, if you see what I mean.
Forget site prep, plant where you like, respond to the successful ones with feed.
FBB powder scattered around the plants and area as you leave the site. It helps keep deer away as well as feeding the plants at a safe rate.

With the indoor plants outside, be ready to chop them early, the UK is too damp and mouldy for indoor strains out there at night in dewy conditions.
Mould can be difficult to see - get clued up from pictures of it.

Get some FBB powder and use that as general plant feed - scatter it lightly around the plants and then a patch about 5m away - it's a scent warning for deer - the only downside is it might attract foxes and you might tread in foxshit, beware that shit.

Someone gave me a cross of Nepalese x Iranian last year and it was unbelievably easy to grow and was ready in September. :)

Good luck
Awesome bro, thanks, with them Buddha's, ive grown Soma's stuff indoors before(albeit a few years ago) and i know it can be temperamental at times, hence why i got the Purples, i will get some FBB soon as i can, i will keep an eye on them at night, thats usually when i go up anyway, but im at 50 degrees here so weather is not usually too bad at night. but i will keep on top of it :)

July

Just a small update, i now have a 3 pack of blue mamoth auto's from barneys farm to go with the purple marocs, they were not expensive and id like to place them on top of a small mound thats not far from the other spot, but still hidden if that makes any sense(it does to me)

July

Went for a quick visit today as its pouring down so much easier to get too in terms of a day visit, plants have been in the ground nearly a week now, and i can see a difference already, certainly with stem thickness, my only concern was a slight yellowing at the tips on some of the top leaves, can anyone help me with this please?
Also, it's hard to tell from the pics, but i have moved 3/4 of the pellet OD i had, it really was a bit too much when i looked at it, a nooby mistake

[URL="
metge.jpg

[URL="
CuIMd.jpg

[URL="
RolAE.jpg

[URL="
gIbli.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts