What's new

Outdoors in the UK

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my only concern was a slight yellowing at the tips on some of the top leaves, can anyone help me with this please?

The plan is looking well, nice and bushy. I wouldn't worry to much about the yellow tips, unless it continues that way/gets worse.

My take is that the chems from the pellets, when washed into the soil are not good for the plant, or that it's a nutrient burn, but in either case, it looks fine. But unless you know that rabbits and the alike won't get to your plant, cage it!

B

July

The plan is looking well, nice and bushy. I wouldn't worry to much about the yellow tips, unless it continues that way/gets worse.

My take is that the chems from the pellets, when washed into the soil are not good for the plant, or that it's a nutrient burn, but in either case, it looks fine. But unless you know that rabbits and the alike won't get to your plant, cage it!

B
Oh thats cool, i have got rid of a load of the pellets now, had a bit of a clean up yesterday, as for the cages, i do want to put them up, but so far they are surviving quite well without, the space has many rabbits and a family of deer, but the don't seem interested from what i can tell, it could be the chilli/garlic mix i have been spraying around the place as well, it fucking stinks!!

Elephant Face

Get cages up mate if after all this rain your potion may stop smelling and rabbits would finish off that lovely looking plant in no time.

Not much you can do about deer. soap on a rope!!

EF

July

Get cages up mate if after all this rain your potion may stop smelling and rabbits would finish off that lovely looking plant in no time.

Not much you can do about deer. soap on a rope!!

EF
yeah, im back up there tomorrow, WITH cages for defo this time

July

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Finally, i got some cages up today, albeit temporary ones, but for now they will just have to do. Living in the backwoods means making do with whats in the local shop sadly. Today though i spent a good 3 hours doing various things at the spot, including digging out some of the surrounding soil where i think my OD of pellets had been washing into it, there are a few leaves with a slight yelowishness to them, so i dug it all out and put fresh compost down, and a sensible amount of pellets with more emphasis on the pepper/chilli stuff which i really think is working, and i spread it out a bit wider also, the nearest rabbit dropping to the spot is about 5m away, they don't seem to have come any closer than that, so something is keeping them away. The only creature based issue i have is our good old friend mr slug, but i managed to get some copper tape today(unfortunatly it was after id been to the spot) and the pepper/chilli thing works with the slugs too i think as i found a few of them curled up and covered in cayenne pepper :laughing: The only annoying thing about today has been that the stuff i got to make the cages is plastic and i could'nt get much of it, so one plant is a tight fit in the cage, the other has loads of room, but like i said, i have to make do with what i can get.

cheers guys, have a good evening

This plant has grown loads just in the last few days, it was all squished the last time, starting to stretch upwards now

Fz9ea.jpg

A bit of a tight fit, but it will have to do for now.

e9USi.jpg

July

Cheers bro, im glad its stretching out a bit now, we have had a couple of days sun and a good shower of overnight rain in between, so i can't wait to go up again next :)

July

Well i did my last daytime visit for a while today, plants are loving that corner with the amount of sun hours it gets per day. I might have to look at this area again next year as i had a wonder round and there are some seriously cool alcoves of brambles and nettles tucked round corners, that with a bit of prep would make great spots, i even found somewhere i may be able to hide a tent to dry stuff in, it's just the phenomenally awkward access that puts a slight downside on too it. I also put down 2 purple marocs today, im a bit pissed that the other 2 did'nt germ, maybe i could have given then another day or two, but i needed to get up there today for watering cause it's been hot the last couple of days, so now i have a total of 4 plants 2 Purple Marocs and 2 Buddha's Sister, im happy with that its managable for me, it's my firs proper grow for 6 years and first time outdoor, i'll look to do something proper next year.:watchplant:

This one is nearly popping the cage already :woohoo:
Ypk2I.jpg

This one is really bushing out at the moment, and i think its getting taller as well
lDXvu.jpg

No pic of the purple marocs as they are seedlings, so not much too see, but here is a shot of the area, 2 has become 4
Nv89v.jpg

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good July,

You'll have a nice outcome of that, if everything goes well.

Some things you might want to consider for the coming visits/grows:

• If it's a dry area, water crystals... Not too many, less is best.
  • Slow release nutrients (pellets), organic is best, not close to harvest (about 1 month)
  • Spray paint the cages camo/black
  • Dear in the area, cover the top too (using bigger holes to let the plant grow thru)

Just some ideas, you're doing better than me this year :smoke:

B

July

Looking good July,

You'll have a nice outcome of that, if everything goes well.

Some things you might want to consider for the coming visits/grows:

• If it's a dry area, water crystals... Not too many, less is best.
  • Slow release nutrients (pellets), organic is best, not close to harvest (about 1 month)
  • Spray paint the cages camo/black
  • Dear in the area, cover the top too (using bigger holes to let the plant grow thru)

Just some ideas, you're doing better than me this year :smoke:

B
cheers bro, well at the moment we have perfect grow weather where i am, its sunny in the daytime then its been raining during the night, but it won't last though as this is the UK after all, i was looking at getting some guano later on what do you think?, the cages need re-doing tbh, they were only a temp thing, the deer still seem very uninterested at the moment tbh, and i got some stuff the other day thats called Silent Roar, and it's pellets made from Lion poo, so some of that gone down now in the area, and i took a bottle of urine with me, im having more of an issue with slugs, they are tough little bastards arn't they, but i put copper tape down so hopefully that will help

Cheers

RudeDog

Veteran
Looking good July.

I bought some FBB from Wilkos, I'm certain it was this that caused the ph in me greenhouse plants to drop. I had been using Vitax before, more expensive but no ph drop.

Remedied with lime so all good now. Just thought I'd mention.

July

Looking good July.

I bought some FBB from Wilkos, I'm certain it was this that caused the ph in me greenhouse plants to drop. I had been using Vitax before, more expensive but no ph drop.

Remedied with lime so all good now. Just thought I'd mention.

tbh i never actually got round to putting any of it down, but i must say don't you just love wilko's its great, other than the plants/seeds everything i have used has come from there, would have cost a freaking fortune from the garden centre

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey July, looking good bud,
tried to send you a pm but.....
July has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I'll follow along, but if you clear some space, drop me a line.

July

Hey July, looking good bud,
tried to send you a pm but.....
July has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I'll follow along, but if you clear some space, drop me a line.
Hey, cheers for popping by, i never used the pm before the other day so not sure why its full tbh, i will look at it. cheers for letting me know

Latest posts

Latest posts