What's new

Outdoors in the UK

July

I had a cheeky grow just metres from where wheat was harvested.
The plants did extremely well and I was worried they'd be spotted.

Then a tree fell on them.
It damaged one, hid the others, but also pointed to them with a 30ft arrow at the same time.

Around about then
I let go of feelings of control
and just went back to harvest the plants "if they were still there" (they were)
in a sort of surreal bystander trance

Took about 12oz (when dry) home from there in the end
im going to leave it for a few days and see if they are still there i reckon, if so then i will crack on with it

July

Ok, been today and the plants are gone:jawdrop:i guess maybe i expected it slightly after the goings on of yesterday, and even worse someone has put some kind of fibreglass spray down so the soil is useless. Im giving myself 24 hours to decide whether to go to another spot further up and less tractor friendly and throw some auto's down quickly.

July

So then, i have been out this morning and im not ready to give up quite just yet, i found a couple of new spots, although i will have to work with the local soil no lugging bags of compost here, and its going to be more spread out, but that means a better chance of getting something i guess, so im back up and ready for round 2

i dug a hole to see what the local soil was like
Okfvw.jpg

I really like the look of this, the sun was beating down on it but one side was slightly thin, and i have to risk no cages with it
SERnH.jpg

on the walk to where i really was aiming for, i noticed this like 10ft down from the roadside, i went and had a look but it was muddy and i was sliding everywhere, maybe next year
8RAcn.jpg

eventually i found this, and i was happy with the light and where it was, although getting here at night should be an interesting experience
nTkX8.jpg

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm very sorry to hear your loss July, but pleased that you have not given up.

Could you pls elaborate on that "fiber glass spray"? How does it looks like?

I would suggest to spread them as much as possible and have as many spots as possible. You can already start with the stops for next year, you need to know how they look like throught the year and who goes there.

Good luck!

:tiphat: B

July

I'm very sorry to hear your loss July, but pleased that you have not given up.

Could you pls elaborate on that "fiber glass spray"? How does it looks like?

I would suggest to spread them as much as possible and have as many spots as possible. You can already start with the stops for next year, you need to know how they look like throught the year and who goes there.

Good luck!

:tiphat: B
Yeah it was kinda like that foam insulation spray that bubbles up, it was weird looking stuff, probably more of a warning as to 'don't grow here again'
As for the spreading, well i saw a few places today and there is one more i want to go back and look at in the morning, then i will get going again

niceeven

Wow, that's the spirit bro! I am very impressed with your attitude. You belong in these forums and I have no doubts that sooner than later you will figure out a way to get great crops in your 'hard to grow successfully in' environment. It would be hard to lose plants like that but what do you do next? You begin looking for new spots! Great determination.

Good luck to you in the long run.

July

Wow, that's the spirit bro! I am very impressed with your attitude. You belong in these forums and I have no doubts that sooner than later you will figure out a way to get great crops in your 'hard to grow successfully in' environment. It would be hard to lose plants like that but what do you do next? You begin looking for new spots! Great determination.

Good luck to you in the long run.
Cheers bro, i have to do this, at the moment im not working so i have loads of free time, i can get cheap seeds from a friends headshop, and i don't need loads of tools, even if it does'nt work, then i have more experience of plot hunting for next year.

iLoveTHC

very nice place, plants are ok. The uk is not the problem with time, with the sun? It rains and this is good, good luck!

July

very nice place, plants are ok. The uk is not the problem with time, with the sun? It rains and this is good, good luck!
Its quite sunny where i live tbh, although we still get rain here, but at the moment very sunny here, but rest of uk is raining i think

July

Is rain to much, but is nice in summer, good luck.
It rains more in certain areas, where i am, not too bad, up north loads, i been today and found some more places to grow, so thanks, hopefully back up and running by the weekend

July

Found another spot to grow today, i really like it, sun was beating down on it and grass and nettles all 6ft+ found a few more woodland areas and also decided agains one i found yesterday,hopefully picking some seeds up tomorrow and get back going again
OYEja.jpg

July

Purchased Sweet Seeds auto mix, consisting of 2 x Creme Caramel 2 x SAD 2x Black Jack, also i bought Barneys Farm auto 3 x Pineapple Express, so thats 3 plants in 3 different spots, so its up at 6 am tomorrow and back on the job, one site is a night visit only so if i get the other 2 done tomorrow then i will leve that one till friday evening.

July

well i got up bright and early this morning and went and put out the SAD and 1 Pineapple Express, its hot and humid today so i was sweating buckets out there in the middle of a massive nettle patch, but here is Nettle City :) This is basically plot 1 of 3 plots of the new grow after the great ripoff of 2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RudeDog

Veteran
Fair play mate.....Never say die eh?

I'm germing more seeds today...Bastard slugs in me greenhouse ate two seedlings, Dogstar and a Trainwreck.

July

Fair play mate.....Never say die eh?

I'm germing more seeds today...Bastard slugs in me greenhouse ate two seedlings, Dogstar and a Trainwreck.
Yeah mate, i might as well give it another go, im not doing much else at the moment and if i get anything it will be a bonus, and yeah the slugs are a pain in the ass mate, i had that with other ones towards the end, they are tough little fuckers

Latest posts

Latest posts