Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

Thread Title Search
Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 AM #1
humboldtlocal

Smile Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

When I first started lurking on the forums I promised my self I would never post any pics but after my experience today I feel like it is my god given duty to share these pics and my experience with the rest of the growing community. First a bit about my self because I never really introduced my self. I am born and raised here in Humboldt. And while I was not born unto a pot growing family I have been fortunate to learn from a great many master growers. I grew my first pound at 14 and haven't missed a harvest since. I came to these forums last year looking for info on trimming machines. I love growing but I have had some horrible trim scenes. I have always considered it the worst part of growing. What should be a time of celebration is ruined by a bunch of people who are only thinking of what they stand to gain.
I have used a Tumbleweed since last winter but have not done a fall harvest with it. I just sold it and bought a Twister. After using it for the first time today I was amazed. The Tumbleweed did a decent job but nothing like this. The bud looks amazing. It comes out so much tighter and we were able to run it through the machine so much faster and still get a super tight trim job. I had some master growers come over to watch today and they were all in shock. One friend actually drooled. The size of a trim scene has always been what has held me back from growing more but now I feel that the sky is the limit. I grow for a legal collective with thousands of members and they always need more medicine. I bought my trimmers from my friends at Trim Scene Solutions. https://trimscene.com/
Any ways on to the pics.
First is a pic of one of my gardens. It is actually the worst it has ever looked and nothing I am proud of. Lots of problems that I wont even list here.

Here is Mr. Nice

Kush Haze

Bubba Kush

One before the Bubba was trimmed

This Head Band is some of the worst bud we had and it turned out great.

Pure Purple

The quality control setup.

The hopper

The dry racks.

We did between 10-15lbs in about 6 hours with 3-4 people. Also the people that helped me were all big time growers and not one of them had trimmed any weed in years. It looks so much better than hand trimmed weed. It really does. Using the trimpro to big leaf helped speed things up a lot. To sum it up, the Twister is the greatest thing to hit the marijuana industry since prop 215. I am so glad I sold my Tumbleweed. If you have a choice get a Twister. These pictures don't lie. I will be posting plenty more pics of trimming buds and some of my other gardens too. This forum has been a wealth of info and also very entertaining and I hope I can contribute in a positive and educational way. If you guys have any questions about using the Twister or trimming this way just let me know and I will try to answer. Today was the best day I have had trimming weed in years.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 AM #2
feltonmuggs
Self Proclaimed "Inventor of the single nostril exhale"

feltonmuggs will become famous soon enoughfeltonmuggs will become famous soon enough
:headb ange

Old 09-20-2009, 08:52 AM #3
ForestBuds

ForestBuds has a spectacular aura aboutForestBuds has a spectacular aura aboutForestBuds has a spectacular aura aboutForestBuds has a spectacular aura aboutForestBuds has a spectacular aura about
Hot Damn!

Thanks for posting your pictures. Your buds look so dense! Never saw Bubba Kush flowers being that big. I expected it to be more colorful but still nice colors with the dank sugar coating on it especially on the Mr Nice buds! Lots of

Will keep the Twister in mind for the future. Would be heaven to have flowers of that size and quantity. Can't wait until the moment actually comes for me.

Pure Purple sure looks purple with green leaves. Cali sure has many undiscovered purple strains. Again... respek

Can you share on what is your favorite smoke out of what you posted. Details if you don't mind like best smoke? best high? and best flavor?

Man, the buds look like they can double as a paperweight on a windy day.
ForestBuds is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 AM #4
reverev313
I SMOKE AND GROW LEGAL BUDS

reverev313 has a spectacular aura aboutreverev313 has a spectacular aura aboutreverev313 has a spectacular aura aboutreverev313 has a spectacular aura about
great job bro your buds and grow are kick ass

REVEREV CRITICAL MASS GROW https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=143682

MY LATE 09 GROW> > > https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=9552
Schazzleberry #2 Chimera
Super lemon haze Greenhouse
Strawberry haze Greenhouse
Sour diesel ibl Reservoir

Dry Bud Shots > > >https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=9726
reverev313 is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 AM #5
BELOW FRIGID
Banned

BELOW FRIGID will become famous soon enough
I have been eyeing those racks. How much product will each rack hold loaded the way you have them.
BELOW FRIGID is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2009, 04:17 PM #6
humboldtlocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestBuds View Post
Can you share on what is your favorite smoke out of what you posted. Details if you don't mind like best smoke? best high? and best flavor?
My favorite smoke is still in the ground. It is the HinduKush/Blueberry x Grapefruit Blackberry. All of the buds in I have shown so far are new strains I have never grown before. I will be doing some pollinating today and will get lots of new pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELOW FRIGID View Post
I have been eyeing those racks. How much product will each rack hold loaded the way you have them.
I just try to do one layer of bud all across the compartment. If you pile it in there you run the risk of your bud molding or buds getting squished. I think it is close to a 1/2lb dry weight per compartment. Probably about 16-20 lbs wet weight for the whole rack.
I will have some pics of some of my other gardens today.
Thanks for all the love

Old 09-20-2009, 04:46 PM #7
Kush_Dreams

Thumbs up

the trim work & buds look fantastic

Old 09-20-2009, 04:59 PM #8
fisher15
classy grass

fisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of lightfisher15 is a glorious beacon of light
Well done. I'm so sold on the twister, trim looks perfect. And nice pics, love the fall colors and mega huge bubba colas SourD's should have almost another month eh?
fisher15 is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 AM #9
humboldtlocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher15 View Post
Well done. I'm so sold on the twister, trim looks perfect. And nice pics, love the fall colors and mega huge bubba colas SourD's should have almost another month eh?
The trim looks absolutely perfect. I have never had a hand trimmer make buds look this good. That headband looked terrible and the Twister made it look great. The Bubbas were covered in Powdery mildew. The worst I have ever had on any plants and the Twister sucks it all off. There was not a spot of PM on the buds when they come out. Everyone was blown away.
My sour D's do need at least another month. We had a bunch that we didn't cage in time and last weeks rain flattened them like pancakes. Now we have a lot more work staking but we are getting there. I chucked some pollen today and took some more pics. Enjoy.
Pics of my big garden. We put this in this year. 200 plants. Mostly OG Kush and Sour D clones with about twenty random seed and clone plants.

Cant really get the best angle but it is about a half acre.

sour D's

OG Kush's

Blue Dream

Afghani x Maui Wowie

Williams Wonder

Purple Urkel

Master Wreck

Critical Mass

Greenhouse full of OG's

Sorry the close ups came out fuzzy. The Afghani x Maui Wowie is looking like some of the frostiest bud. I have two more gardens and green houses that I will try to get pics of tomorrow. We will also be running the Twister a few more days this week and I will get more pics and maybe shoot some video for the non believers. The next photos will be of my strains that I have been breeding for years and are looking better than ever so pull up a seat and enjoy the show.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:18 AM #10
bendoslendo
Checking your sources

bendoslendo has a spectacular aura aboutbendoslendo has a spectacular aura aboutbendoslendo has a spectacular aura aboutbendoslendo has a spectacular aura aboutbendoslendo has a spectacular aura about
Very nice man. Your gardens are beautiful. To have the opportunity to grow outside like that... its a dream of mine. If you ever want to hire a complete stranger as a farmhand, pm me!

Question though, is it safe to smoke buds that had PM?