What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

WokkaWokka!

Nice trimmer, my question is how did you manage to put 200 in one spot, out in the open. Is it a known to LEO coop grow?

H

humboldtlocal

Here are some more pics I took this evening of another garden and greenhouse of mine.
The greenie is 24x40 and has 14 plants in it. These are all my breeding projects from over the years with the exception of the Bubba clones outside.

H

humboldtlocal

Purple Train Wreck x Grapefruit.

Bubba clones

Hindu Kush/BlueBerry x Grapefruit BlackBerry

PTW x VIP (purple train wreck x vancouver island purple) My best looking project and something I am really proud of.

Hindu Kush Blueberry x grapefruit purple

Bubble gum x northern lights (bgnl)

H

humboldtlocal

Puple train wreck/grapefruit x grapefruit/ purple

Some other garden shots

That's about it for now. You are probably starting to grasp why I am so psyched up to have two Twisters and why it is such a life changing thing for me. I will try to shoot some pics of my Big plants and my other green house tomorrow. We will also be running the Twister again and I will get some more pics of that. Lots more Bubba tomorrow and lots of OG in a couple of days.

johnnyla

Veteran
amazing field of dreams maing!!! i dream of that.

aren't you afraid of choppers? i'm envious.

thanks for the tip on the trimmer. i wish i had that much to trim.

johnnyla

Veteran
humboldt county. man you guys and gals have it good up there with your plant count numbers.

i can't wait to see what new retarded rules LA county comes up with on Tuesday.

rambam

HL,your garden is out of this world. Questions: With all that suction, do you suppose you lose any significant number of trichomes? Would wetting down the buds and the trimmer itself prevent trichome (oil-based) adhesion to the machine a bit? Is the blade easy to clean/reach?

What is the smell like? You'll remember hooley booley i think it was who had issues with the diminished aromatic quality (I believe "haylike" or "grasslike" were among the adjectives) using another reel-style trimmer (albeit NOT the Twister).

H

humboldtlocal

HL,your garden is out of this world. Questions: With all that suction, do you suppose you lose any significant number of trichomes? Would wetting down the buds and the trimmer itself prevent trichome (oil-based) adhesion to the machine a bit? Is the blade easy to clean/reach?

What is the smell like? You'll remember hooley booley i think it was who had issues with the diminished aromatic quality (I believe "haylike" or "grasslike" were among the adjectives) using another reel-style trimmer (albeit NOT the Twister).

We looked at the buds with a magnifying loop before and after running them through because that was also a concern of ours. The trichomes are completely intact. I think a hand trimmer does much more damage to the bud when it is dry. Because the buds are wet, all of the resin sticks to it instead of crumbling off like when it is dry. We spray the blades down with pam every couple of hours and wipe the blades clean too. At the end of the day I pressure washed it and the machine looked brand new. The brush stays a green color but that is not an issue.
One of the best things about the Twister is how much blade access you have to clean them. On the Tumbleweed you could never get it totally clean because there was only a small window where you could get to the blades. The Twister is so well thought out and designed. After using the Tumbleweed I can really appreciate the difference.
I have not had any problems losing smell with the Tumbleweed and I don't think I will with the Twister either. The buds we trimmed are still drying. The machine that makes the hay/grass smell is the trimpro automatic and XL. The chlorophyll gets splattered all over the buds and that gives them the grass smell. I have friends who experienced this first hand last year. Now they have a Twister too.

Vespatian

From one old outdoor farmer to another, I'd like to extend my thanks to you for sharing your experience. I raise my glass to you.

I recently switched to indoor due to advances in hydro technology and my dislike of the once-a-year massive trimming process. This new machine you've got is making me itch to get outdoors again.

Thanks a bunch.

H

humboldtlocal

From one old outdoor farmer to another, I'd like to extend my thanks to you for sharing your experience. I raise my glass to you.

I recently switched to indoor due to advances in hydro technology and my dislike of the once-a-year massive trimming process. This new machine you've got is making me itch to get outdoors again.

There is no way I would be growing this much if I had to trim it by hand. At the end of my trim scene last fall, if there had been another hundred P's to harvest I would have let it rot on the vine. I just could not keep going. We trimmed till the end of November last year and that was with 8-10 people. It was awful. Now we will be done trimming the day we pull the last plant.

kb5178

There is no way I would be growing this much if I had to trim it by hand. At the end of my trim scene last fall, if there had been another hundred P's to harvest I would have let it rot on the vine. I just could not keep going. We trimmed till the end of November last year and that was with 8-10 people. It was awful. Now we will be done trimming the day we pull the last plant.

you realy dont have to say any thing else-:woohoo:

Awesome for you man and sweet garden

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I love your double layer scrog thing going on in that ghouse. Actually been thinking about doing something like that. Do you feel it really helps with support?

Thanks for sharing, hum.

3rd I

Wow...glad i checked back in...so happy you shared your spot with us bro...excellent...so inspiring...:D
picture.php

picture.php

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Badasss man, congrats.

Buddy of mine that runs a hydro shop just bought a Trim Reaper, and loves it. I saw a few bags of his finished product and it looked awesome, very nice and no damage. Not bad for $1600! He said it does 3-4 OZ per batch, at 2-3 minutes per run. I'm borrowing it for my harvest next month and will report back on its use.

H

hulkbogan

Beautiful! I gotta admit I am pretty jealous that you can have a garden so openly like that. That Purple rainwreck x Van Island purple should get reaaal pretty .. do you know what VI purple it was? look's like the purple pineberry that is ever so popular here.