What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming my crop with the Twister Trimming Machine

H

humboldtlocal

I love your double layer scrog thing going on in that ghouse. Actually been thinking about doing something like that. Do you feel it really helps with support?

It helps a lot. It is the 7 1/2 foot tall plastic deer fencing. We tie the plants down to it when we first plant them and then when they go into bud we put the top layer on. The holes are kind of small so some times you have to cut an extra hole to harvest the buds.

Beautiful! I gotta admit I am pretty jealous that you can have a garden so openly like that. That Purple rainwreck x Van Island purple should get reaaal pretty .. do you know what VI purple it was? look's like the purple pineberry that is ever so popular here.

Here is the story on the VIP. About five years ago I had some cute girls come to trim for me from B.C. They were friends of a friend. They brought me some seeds that their friends on Vancouver Island grow. They said it was a purple strain and at the time I was growing strictly Purple Urkel. I grew the seeds the next year and only had one female. It did not get very purple but had huge beautiful buds. I crossed it with my Purple Train Wreck. Now four years later I finally grew out the seeds and they turned out to be the big winner for the year. I back crossed it this year. I will be keeping it around for a while.

H

humboldtlocal

It was another busy day full of Bubba's.

Dry racks

We use a trimpro to big leaf. It speeds the bucking up a lot. Here is a before and after shot. I would never try to finish trim with it but as a big leafer it is a huge time saver.

Here are the branches after getting big leafed and about to get bucked.

I also shot some video but I need a couple days to play with it. Lots more harvest this week. Supposed to be 105F tomorrow so stay cool.:joint:

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i need these trimmer, too!!! But first i need a garden like this!!! UHHHHHHHHH one day my dream will come true!!

excelent job . ur garnden looks sooo sweet - and the trimmer is killer!!!

H

humboldtlocal

That Purple rainwreck x Van Island purple should get reaaal pretty .. do you know what VI purple it was? look's like the purple pineberry that is ever so popular here.

The girls that gave me the VIP did not know the name of the strain so it might be the pineberry. Does this look familiar.

sneakinman13

Veteran
jesus.
much respect man
i cant wait till i can get a house out in the mountains and do a nice outdoor patch like yours!
for now indoor is my key.
anyhow
you ever have leo check your plant count or things like that..
just curious as my friends out in lake county had that happen to them.. but since they where right under there limit everything was cool...

cant wait to see the pics of the sour d.

H

humboldtlocal

Call my friends at Trim Scene Solutions for a price 707-923-9319
http://trimscene.com/
They sell the Twister and the Tumbleweed/Samurai. They told me that the only reason they are still selling the Tumbleweed/Samurai is that they can't get Twisters here fast enough to fill all of their orders. Apparently no one is buying Tumbleweeds so there are plenty of them sitting around. Once they have some Twisters sitting on the shelf they are not going to carry the Tumbleweed any more.

TLoft13

Call my friends at Trim Scene Solutions for a price 707-923-9319
http://trimscene.com/
They sell the Twister and the Tumbleweed/Samurai. They told me that the only reason they are still selling the Tumbleweed/Samurai is that they can't get Twisters here fast enough to fill all of their orders. Apparently no one is buying Tumbleweeds so there are plenty of them sitting around. Once they have some Twisters sitting on the shelf they are not going to carry the Tumbleweed any more.
Thanks for your answer but i must pass. It would probably lead to a bored SWAT team rampaging through my house killing my pets. Or the call would be used as a casus belli against my nation, you beeing americans and all, seems you can't help it. :nanana:
I guess the price is comparable to other top of the line equipment, 8.000 - 20.00 Euros?! Hot or cold?

jgrow

My only question is how can someone grow hundreds of plants at one location, not get ripped off and not get caught. There is no way some sort of operation this big is medical. but i guess thats what cali is good for.

J

Jenn

Humboldt do you have all your plants planted directly into the ground, and if so do you do anything to prep the area, soil wise?

-Jenn

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
We dug those trenches with a rented mini excavator. They are huge. I think they are 90' long and there are eight of them. We had 150 yards of soil brought in and at least 8 pallets of sunshine mix bails. And they are not even full to the top.

:joint:

opt1c

Veteran
nor cal representing

beautiful grow and greenhouse; are the ones inside planted in the ground as well or are they in containers?

J

Jenn

LOL, whenever you think you got something going on, someone comes along and lets you know for sure you dont.

Happy harvesting - Jenn