What's new

Headbanger

too-dope

HBJ

HBJ

Plant J closer to a month jarred. This one has a more sour/sweet musty lemon/pine nose. Tastes much like it smells. Strong sour notes that carry over well to flavor has been a common trait among all expressions so far. A bit more forest green in color with distinctly orange hairs. Much like M, the J is leaning in the direction of a potent heady/psychoactive effect complimented by a smooth come down into a relaxed, yet not sedated state.
picture.php

Earlmarne

Looks great, when you set out pheno hunting. What standouts did you notice?
I have 10 unrooted clones in the flower room at like 10 days with no signs of sex yet, 2 are frosty already though.
I notice what I believe to be female vs male growth patterns.
4 are insanely vigorous and have double the thickness of stalks. The other 6 are fairly similar with slow growth and semi reluctant branching while 2 of those are very thin in stalks but branching out faster with a tighter node spacing. Main branching has proven to want to grow ( viney) on all plants. No fan until yesterday. So that may be some of that. If not they look as though they will demand a lot of support. This is ok for my style. Im just need vigor and lots of stretch to really fill my screens optimally.
Just purchased a tent with the intentions of keeping a male or 2 and start doing some pollen chuking.

Would love any insight on what traits I can look for to differentiate between sd and bk leaning genotypes as I do not have the room, knowledge, time or patience to keep all and test from offspring.

Last edited:

Earlmarne

seed plants are 2 months old. Not sure they are fully mature yet as they seem a bit reluctant to build a branch at nodes as I notice with most other seed plants.
Took cutting from each to soak in azos for a couple days then into rockwool to see how the take to cloning and toss their seed plant mothers

Earlmarne

Plant J closer to a month jarred. This one has a more sour/sweet musty lemon/pine nose. Tastes much like it smells. Strong sour notes that carry over well to flavor has been a common trait among all expressions so far. A bit more forest green in color with distinctly orange hairs. Much like M, the J is leaning in the direction of a potent heady/psychoactive effect complimented by a smooth come down into a relaxed, yet not sedated state.
View Image

I do not believe, or atleast remember having sampled any sd in my life. My reading leads me to believe that sd carrys with it a more( up ) effect.? If this is so I will be seeking out an sd leaner for headstash as I absolutely adore the high from my cinex, deadhead x and c99 crosses Ive tried.
Ive done too much phenotypical selection based on my plants growth traits with less attention on effect. I fix on making that a much higher priority with this, and future pheno hunts.

UncleBens

Doing the above plants under 315's this time, really bringing out the sourness! Looks like they will be finished very early too...

too-dope

Looks great, when you set out pheno hunting. What standouts did you notice?
I have 10 unrooted clones in the flower room at like 10 days with no signs of sex yet, 2 are frosty already though.
I notice what I believe to be female vs male growth patterns.
4 are insanely vigorous and have double the thickness of stalks. The other 6 are fairly similar with slow growth and semi reluctant branching while 2 of those are very thin in stalks but branching out faster with a tighter node spacing. Main branching has proven to want to grow ( viney) on all plants. No fan until yesterday. So that may be some of that. If not they look as though they will demand a lot of support. This is ok for my style. Im just need vigor and lots of stretch to really fill my screens optimally.
Just purchased a tent with the intentions of keeping a male or 2 and start doing some pollen chuking.

Would love any insight on what traits I can look for to differentiate between sd and bk leaning genotypes as I do not have the room, knowledge, time or patience to keep all and test from offspring.

it was difficult for me to tell in veg. I didn't really see the distinct differences in the plants until they reached about 50-60 days into flower. Karma would be able to give you better insight on this, you may want to shoot him a private message.

seed plants are 2 months old. Not sure they are fully mature yet as they seem a bit reluctant to build a branch at nodes as I notice with most other seed plants.
Took cutting from each to soak in azos for a couple days then into rockwool to see how the take to cloning and toss their seed plant mothers

All seedplants male and female were pretty vigorous for me. You're not gonna flower the seed moms?

UncleBens

Yeah definately worth investing in the 315's! I had to move the grow room and didnt set up the drippers etc. For this grow, but they have come out pretty good for hand watered plants in 1 gallon of coco!

Earlmarne

it was difficult for me to tell in veg. I didn't really see the distinct differences in the plants until they reached about 50-60 days into flower. Karma would be able to give you better insight on this, you may want to shoot him a private message.

All seedplants male and female were pretty vigorous for me. You're not gonna flower the seed moms?
No, I dont believe the seed plants give me a very true representation of what the clones will be.
Im super interested in what sex turns up with these. As it sits now there is a distinct almost 50/50 split on vigor. Should know any day now. Sorry to blow up this thread with questions. I will have lots of pics to contribute soon enough. Seed popping is such a slow process when confined to number restrictions.

Last edited:

UncleBens

Agree with the seedplants not being a good representation of how the cuttings will perform. I always flower a cut if i can.
My headbangers took months before showing sex, i got 8 females and one runt so I was pretty lucky really. Plants all looked very similar in veg. Actually all looked pretty similar in flower too really... the keeper I have was different to the rest, and was much faster. I let it go almost 12 weeks but 9 or 10 I think it would of been at its best.
Terpenes degraded a lot from letting it go so long I think. Right now they stink of sour, and seem to be swelling big time :)

Earlmarne

Agree with the seedplants not being a good representation of how the cuttings will perform. I always flower a cut if i can.
My headbangers took months before showing sex, i got 8 females and one runt so I was pretty lucky really. Plants all looked very similar in veg. Actually all looked pretty similar in flower too really... the keeper I have was different to the rest, and was much faster. I let it go almost 12 weeks but 9 or 10 I think it would of been at its best.
Terpenes degraded a lot from letting it go so long I think. Right now they stink of sour, and seem to be swelling big time :)
That’s reassuring. I think im like 7 weeks in since popping them in rockwool. I got one standout runt also. Would make sense that they are slow to mature. Seems all var. Ive popped dont want to throw secondary branches til they are mature. These hb beyond a few outliers are still being stingy with the secondaries.
2 weeks tonight on all the cuts I threw in flower. Crazy, they all have roots. My only other 2 vars are hard as hell to clone. Hope to see some definitive flowers tonights.

OG.Gotti

Veteran
2 of my Bangers finally showed female.. These and the Roaddawgs take their time showing sex.. I'll post some pics.. Might even start a thread.. 1 of the Roaddawgs showed female and she's got the nicest structure.. She's beautiful can't wait to see the flowers she put out.. All of HB and RD seeds are above ground minus 1 HB...

Earlmarne

Well, one of the runts just threw male flower. Suprised me. Got 5 confirmed males today, 16 days in flower. Hoping for 5 females. Going to let the males go awhile to see how they grow maybe help narrow down selection a little

Earlmarne

2 of my Bangers finally showed female.. These and the Roaddawgs take their time showing sex.. I'll post some pics.. Might even start a thread.. 1 of the Roaddawgs showed female and she's got the nicest structure.. She's beautiful can't wait to see the flowers she put out.. All of HB and RD seeds are above ground minus 1 HB...

Lets see them suckers... how long til they showed?

Earlmarne

Got me a male thatll be first up. Ill get some pics up tonight.
Threw a 3 inch cut into rockwool, and straight into flower.
This sucker shot branches out of everywhere with clusters of male flowers galore. Wish I had a before pic.