What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headbanger

Nirrity

anybody got a thorough smoke report on this one? is it happy giddy up high or more of a thought-provoking introspect side? also do louder terps mean better smoke? how would you compare headbanger to say ghost og?

too-dope

HBK

HBK

K after one month in the jar. Best yield, loud sour skunk nose, lip smacking sour og flavor, big dense bud production. Powerful cerebral effect, very social. Definitely in the top 3 expressions.
picture.php

kalopatchkid

Veteran
anybody got a thorough smoke report on this one? is it happy giddy up high or more of a thought-provoking introspect side? also do louder terps mean better smoke? how would you compare headbanger to say ghost og?

In my opinion there are headbanger pheno's that rival any clone-only OG.

From my experience, loud terps dont always transfer well to the smoke in joints. They usually always make tasty concentrate but I like to choose keepers based on how tasty the joint is. If it tastes good down to the roach, it passes the test. Headbanger really nailed the flavor test for me.

Dog Star

Veteran
Looking good Dog Star ...!!!...

Hard to choose keeper... those Karma advice on growing clones
and then to look to choose what you like is a very good advice..

sativa pheno have so great calyx to leaf ratio,not a hard rock buds
but very potent and huge yielder overall..

orange pheno have same orange taste like ODV3 but whithouth
diesel part like ODV3...and its hard rock buds compared to sativa
pheno... very very potent stone..

Pine pheno have great pine terps,maybe best resin coverage but
yield is smaller than those other 2 big yielding phenos..
more body to a stone and you feel calmer..

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
I got all straight sour diesel flavors from my phenos.. beautiful lime green buds plastered with frost, they end up having a green-white coloring with pink hairs. 2 phenos I held.. one throws larger (not airy) flowers, the other throws smaller flowers with super greasy leathery leaves.

UncleBens

Heres my keeper at day 56 of 12/12.

I think I'm going to start flushing now and chop at 9 weeks, trichs are mostly cloudy with some clear right now.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Great plants dog star and unclebens. Fingers crossed that I will get a cut or two of this great line sometime in the near future. Its been too long already with not trying her out.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
^^ The answer is yes 100%. terpenes hugely effect the ride. Terpenes have multiple actions even down to an epigenetic level and fire off the lymbic system as well.

You know when you bite into a piece of fruit and its sweet enough but has no flavour? You arent appetised to take another bite are you? Because the terpenes are arguably imo the most medicinal constituent. Especially when you consider you can direct those to the lungs which is a difficult place to treat.

Dog Star

Veteran
Would I be correct in saying that is a very sativa leaning plant? I ask for my own ongoing enlightenment and the heavy sativa leaner is what I’m hoping to find for a keeper when I have a chance to grow some after I’m done with current run in a few weeks.

Yes and no... those of Chemdawgmillioner is better sativa than from Unclebens but its still not sativa as they know to be..

Sativa pheno that i found in F2..

picture.php

Am have now Headbanger F3 progeny that have very slender leafes from early start,even more sativa in appearance.. parents was have lot more fatter leafes..

G

Yes and no... those of Chemdawgmillioner is better sativa than from Unclebens but its still not sativa as they know to be..

Sativa pheno that i found in F2..

View Image

Am have now Headbanger F3 progeny that have very slender leafes from early start,even more sativa in appearance.. parents was have lot more fatter leafes..
I was going more from the pic of the spear shaped cola/bud. I do know that the thin leaves are a indicator of a sativa leaning plant and I have seen them in person but I would really like it if someone could do a solid for a amateur and throw up a couple pics of Headbanger phenos and point out the differences that show a more sativa leaner. I have not grown a strain that is supposed to have this high of a sativa percentage. I have done Super Lemon Haze a couple years ago and mostly Glue seed variants since.

I just ordered a pack from Cannapot and hope to be chopping my current Relentless Glue strain next 10 days or so. As soon as I get these seeds I will start a half dozen in my clone/seedling/mom box until my tent is open after drying this grow. I want a nice bonsai mom out of the Headbangers.