What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
new fresh room after recent pest issue. bout to go 12/12
picture.php

Copperfield

I used to specialize in moving water around ... and not in a good way ....removing runoff , With the Coco I just feed until it slightly comes out and then it re-absorbs, I’ll give them a hard flush every few days

Coco is my weak spot... I can’t control it... if I used canna, I think I’d have a better chance, but it’s super expensive... u get what u pay for tho... shit... after fixing that problem w the hose.... I’m not using as much as I thought I was... I think I’ll last 6 days now...but I’m rolling into 5th week.... they gonna put on the swell.... and hopefully eat/drink some more here n these next few weeks... I went through there today and took a 5 gal bucket of suckers out to thin them a lil bit but it still looks the same... I’m gonna do it again tomorrow.... try n make some headway!!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coco is my weak spot... I can’t control it... if I used canna, I think I’d have a better chance, but it’s super expensive... u get what u pay for tho... shit... after fixing that problem w the hose.... I’m not using as much as I thought I was... I think I’ll last 6 days now...but I’m rolling into 5th week.... they gonna put on the swell.... and hopefully eat/drink some more here n these next few weeks... I went through there today and took a 5 gal bucket of suckers out to thin them a lil bit but it still looks the same... I’m gonna do it again tomorrow.... try n make some headway!!

Got to get in there deep and don’t stop until you’re totally happy

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
G

I used to specialize in moving water around ... and not in a good way ....removing runoff , With the Coco I just feed until it slightly comes out and then it re-absorbs, I’ll give them a hard flush every few days
We all do it/done it but eventually it will catch u some root rot if you let the pot sit in runoff. Even with big plants that re-absorb fast it will still happen one day.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We all do it/done it but eventually it will catch u some root rot if you let the pot sit in runoff. Even with big plants that re-absorb fast it will still happen one day.
One of the things I’ve been dreaming about is a real automated watering system that takes care of the runoff I think about it how much of a labor saver it would be for me but I’m lazy...Even though my laziness cost me more work..
It’s my first round in coco what I’m finding is that these plants which are medium size plants in my opinion and they take two watering a day, they really drink .the point for me is just to keep it moist ...two more weeks and they’re done:friends::friends:yay my plan >>>...Once the room is cleared I can play catch-up with all the seedlings that I started in the other room is going to be flowering out haze and whatever sativa’s germinate

F2F

Guessing you have looked at Blumats? Seems folks either love or hate them. I’ve used them with success on mother maintenance but practically-speaking for flower there may be additional considerations. Lots of successful blumat users in the coco forum.

Peace,
F2F

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
One of the things I’ve been dreaming about is a real automated watering system that takes care of the runoff I think about it how much of a labor saver it would be for me but I’m lazy...Even though my laziness cost me more work..
It’s my first round in coco what I’m finding is that these plants which are medium size plants in my opinion and they take two watering a day, they really drink .the point for me is just to keep it moist ...two more weeks and they’re done:friends::friends:yay my plan >>>...Once the room is cleared I can play catch-up with all the seedlings that I started in the other room is going to be flowering out haze and whatever sativa’s germinate

I have used automated watering since I started growing. I did hydro in coco and used trays that drained down to condensation pumps that returned the excess nutes back to the reservoir.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Little-Giant-VCMA-20-Series-0-033-HP-Plastic-Condensate-Pump/1000596347

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When it comes to growing my OCD really rears it’s head ... Constantly fussing with the idea that they need constant attention ,but they don’t... still I have to keep on top of things for example couple nights ago I set up some more veg space in what will be the main room and by morning I had a few droopy babies...I try to read the plants and let them tell me what they want ...also I am so crunched for indoor grow space in general it’s a juggling act...

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guessing you have looked at Blumats? Seems folks either love or hate them. I’ve used them with success on mother maintenance but practically-speaking for flower there may be additional considerations. Lots of successful blumat users in the coco forum.

Peace,
F2F

I have used automated watering since I started growing. I did hydro in coco and used trays that drained down to condensation pumps that returned the excess nutes back to the reservoir.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Little-Giant-VCMA-20-Series-0-033-HP-Plastic-Condensate-Pump/1000596347
I enjoy hand watering. But
Anything that would collect runoff would be huge for me..I have 8 foot ceilings and need all of it for lights. maybe Set up drainage tables right on the floor and then pump it out

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I found that too - It takes constant attention or things start going wrong.

I made stands that lift the 2 x 4 trays about 8" off the floor, higher at one end to send nutes towards the drain hole.

Mr. Stinky

I enjoy hand watering. But
Anything that would collect runoff would be huge for me..I have 8 foot ceilings and need all of it for lights. maybe Set up drainage tables right on the floor and then pump it out

I used 4x8 flood tables in 5x10 tents when I tried coco. Boat sump pumps are automatic and very dependable and cheap. I had 2 in it in case but didnt need the extra. 1 deep cycle battery ran them for 2 months. They left a skim of runoff in the tables too which I thought would be extra insurance if the irrigation Pump quit on me. I used a cropking dripper setup for rockwool blocks and a 300gallon water tote for a reservoir. Hard well water and just maxibloom to 2.0ec/5.8ph.

Fill res, walk away for weeks. We went on vacation to myrtle beach for 10 days with no issues

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found that too - It takes constant attention or things start going wrong.

I made stands that lift the 2 x 4 trays about 8" off the floor, higher at one end to send nutes towards the drain hole.

I used 4x8 flood tables in 5x10 tents when I tried coco. Boat sump pumps are automatic and very dependable and cheap. I had 2 in it in case but didnt need the extra. 1 deep cycle battery ran them for 2 months. They left a skim of runoff in the tables too which I thought would be extra insurance if the irrigation Pump quit on me. I used a cropking dripper setup for rockwool blocks and a 300gallon water tote for a reservoir. Hard well water and just maxibloom to 2.0ec/5.8ph.

Fill res, walk away for weeks. We went on vacation to myrtle beach for 10 days with no issues
If I left my grow for 10 days I don’t think I would survive mentally yikes:D I’m going to get some drainage tables up higher on one end that slope down then vac it out

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If I left my grow for 10 days I don’t think I would survive mentally yikes:D I’m going to get some drainage tables up higher on one end that slope down then vac it out

I wrecked a shop vac cleaning up a flood. What a day.

If you can give up a little more space, just draining into a bucket would work too. The pumps are cheep and work well but they have to be kept clean.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wrecked a shop vac cleaning up a flood. What a day.

If you can give up a little more space, just draining into a bucket would work too. The pumps are cheep and work well but they have to be kept clean.

Have to keep my marijuana muscles in some kind of reasonable shape...I move plants around a bit quite happy to be able too , thinking next run will be more organized;) ... this plant is something I call Scatterbrains clone from a seed I been running awhile and she still survives (aj Sour Diesel x (Amnesia x C99)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php