What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Cheese Grow Diary - DWC - 2x400w + CO2

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here I am again :)
This time,due to a mistake,I bought some BlueCheese instead of Cheese :D:D:D
My choice went to Big Buddha cheese because I really like this pot and its strong flavor,but I never smoke any bluecheese.I heard from some grower it should be one of the best -cheese based- hybrids.We'll see... ;)
If you have any info-tips or whatever feel free to reply :)

Seedlings sprouted a few days ago,and now they are in a DIY dwc system (15lt) waiting to move in a bigger growroom in a bigger dwc bucket (95lt).I'm using a DIY lamp,using 4 little (18w) neon tubes.
I'm using Advanced Hydroponics of Holland's nutrients in 3 parts,
Atazyme for an enzymes source,atami roots stimulator and stop for now.

Some parameters: (these will help me in future to compare other grow setup )

Air temp : 20 - 22° C
Water temp : 20 - 21° C
Ec : 0,5 mS
pH : 6 - 6,1

This run I'll try to add extra CO2 in a sealed ambient.I bought a tank setup (5kg) and a cheap CO2 monitor.This one is only a cheap monitor not an expensive controller,so I'll have to study the best timing setup.

I heard most growers keep CO2 value around 1500 ppm ...but after some researches I prefer to keep it a little lower,around 1000 - 1100 to prevent rubisco inibition,an enzyme with a task to hooking C atom from the CO2 molecule in the air.

However I'll start adding CO2 later,in the final growroom,probably in the flowering stage.If any of you use to add CO2 feel free to share with me your technique :)

And now some shots I took some hours ago

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I sprouted 3 seeds...one went in some soil...probably will be a mom

picture.php

This is my new pH monitor from milwaukee.I had a lot of negative experiences with cheap pH tester,I hope this one will do a great work

picture.php

The one on the left is a Voltcraft cheap CO2 monitor,I'm starting to understand ;)

picture.php

And this is the brand new CO2 tank.Not so big (4kg) I just hope I don't need to refill so often

picture.php

Feel free to give me your opinion,critiques and whatever,they are appreciate :)

And now it's the right time for a big fat one...with one of the best smoke...cheese :D
Have a nice life growers...peace and a lot of weed :wave:

Noreason

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Che dire...setup coi controcazzi!!
E ora dirigi questa orchestra!

Grazie fratello,ci proverò :)

Yesterday night I took some shots.Plants are growing fine.DWC ones are faster than the one in soil,but you know,it's normal.

Ec : 0,5 mS
pH : 5.8 - 5.9

Soon I'll move the two in dwc in the bigger room,using the bigger dwc system.

Hope to find someone to keep the last one in soil,because I can't keep here.After the operation agains Italian growers,I choose to grow only two big plants :(

Here some shots:

You can see what I mean on faster grow :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace to all :wave:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
kalimera!!:tiphat:
good morning!!

noreason i see only hydro this time....and you gonna run only 2 plants??
il be waching you mate..you are my first friend here and i never
forget it!!:)

good luck and see ya around bro

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kalimera!!:tiphat:
good morning!!

noreason i see only hydro this time....and you gonna run only 2 plants??
il be waching you mate..you are my first friend here and i never
forget it!!:)

good luck and see ya around bro

Thanks for stopping here my greek friend :)
At now I have 3 BlueCheese,the ones you can see in the pics.I don't know if I'll keep the one in soil pot,because,I'm not very safe here in Italy and less plants means less trouble if...you know what I mean.These days are hard days for Italian fellas,but we are strong people and we want to continue to grow our beloved plant

Plants are 10 days old at now,they grow fine and quick using only 4 little fluo tubes.However they are always on,without dark period.Some more days to move them in the bigger room.

Air temp : 19 - 23°C
Water temp : 20,5°C
pH : 5,8 - 5,9
Ec : 0,5

Some new shots:

BlueCheese 1 (the biggest one)

picture.php

picture.php

BlueCheese 2

picture.php

picture.php

BlueCheese in soil

picture.php

All together

picture.php

A big fat one for all ICMaggers :wave:

Wolv

Veteran
Till now i miss this 3D... i'm just taking a chair to see something great :D
...comunque se permetti.... a mio avviso ora come ora in Italia ti aprono il didietro per due tre o anche solo mezza pianta...ucciderla è proprio un peccato!
:tiphat:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
piantine bellissime

cant wait to see them get bigger and flower

Grazie fratello :)
You will see them grow like monsters...they are only two for my flowering room,so they should cover a little more than 1 square meter :p

Till now i miss this 3D... i'm just taking a chair to see something great :D
...comunque se permetti.... a mio avviso ora come ora in Italia ti aprono il didietro per due tre o anche solo mezza pianta...ucciderla è proprio un peccato!
:tiphat:

Nice to see you bro ;)
Tra due o tre piante non è che ci sia tutta questa differenza credo,ma tra 2 e 10,un giudice potrebbe avere una diversa opinione.Questo è il motivo per cui cerco di tenere meno piante possibile...ma non so se riuscirò ad uccidere la terza BC...mi dispiacerebbe troppo,quindi se riesco a trovarle qualcuno che se ne prenda cura...bene...altrimenti credo rimarrà a fare da mamma ;) ... a meno che non mi venga qualche idea in testa

Wolv

Veteran
Nice to see you bro ;)
Tra due o tre piante non è che ci sia tutta questa differenza credo,ma tra 2 e 10,un giudice potrebbe avere una diversa opinione.Questo è il motivo per cui cerco di tenere meno piante possibile...ma non so se riuscirò ad uccidere la terza BC...mi dispiacerebbe troppo,quindi se riesco a trovarle qualcuno che se ne prenda cura...bene...altrimenti credo rimarrà a fare da mamma ;) ... a meno che non mi venga qualche idea in testa
:yeahthats
...peccato che a quanto ne so siamo distanti se no mi sarei offerto volentieri di farle da padre adottivo :D

Comunque è impressionante la differenza di crescita fra hydro e soil, non me lo sarei mai aspettato così evidente...
Good luck!

frankishow

Bella Nore chi bene parte è a metà dell'opera e a quanto si vede sei partito più che bene!!!
Bella man

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bella Nore chi bene parte è a metà dell'opera e a quanto si vede sei partito più che bene!!!
Bella man

Grazie fratello :) questa volta,dopo varie migliorie al setup,le piante stanno crescendo più velocemente di quanto avessi mai visto.Magari sarà anche merito della genetica :tongue:

12 days from seeds

Today I moved two BC in the bigger room,the final one.I set up everything.No air entrance at all,co2 is already higher than normal and in these days I'll do some test for timing.

Plants are growing very fast,especially BC 1.Never seen such an impressive growth.You can see the differences in the root mass.
Now I'm using only one lamp,to save some $,till they are so little they don't need the second 400w hps.

I forgot to calibrate my ec tester when I started this round,so today I got solution was at 0,3 - 0,4 mS.No trouble btw.It's a little strange to me they can grow so fine with so few nutes...but...it's ok :tongue:

Air temp : 23°-24°C
Water temp : 23°C (due to the water change,I used hot tap water to give no stress to plants)
pH : 6
Ec : 0,4
Co2 : 450 to 1250

BC1 on the left
picture.php

picture.php

BlueCheese 1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BlueCheese 2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BC1 roots

picture.php

BC2 roots

picture.php

picture.php

Final room

picture.php

picture.php

An huge thanks goes to my beloved partner :)

:thank you::thank you::thank you:

Last edited:

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
man i arrive a little bit late, but i love to see that everything is in perfect condition, very clean act you got there bro, and ive heard good things of that blue cheese, so your in for a treat, im grabbing a seat to continue enjoying this threat!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey noreason whatzzzz up man....nice start into this thread also great setup , i'm impressed for the fast veg. time , the plants get fattening very fast and looks ridicolous green and healthy , so can't wait for more update, should be a serious grow again!!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man i arrive a little bit late, but i love to see that everything is in perfect condition, very clean act you got there bro, and ive heard good things of that blue cheese, so your in for a treat, im grabbing a seat to continue enjoying this threat!

Feel free to take a sit buddy :) Different growers told me BC is a good cheese based hybrid...will see ;)

hey noreason whatzzzz up man....nice start into this thread also great setup , i'm impressed for the fast veg. time , the plants get fattening very fast and looks ridicolous green and healthy , so can't wait for more update, should be a serious grow again!!

Yeah man,they grow really fast.Yesterday I moved and I'm expecting a little stress but no problems at all.
Stay tuned buddy :wave:

S

Sirus

Looking great man! They look like the first bean I popped, nice fat leaf sets. Gonna be a good one for sure! :good:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great man! They look like the first bean I popped, nice fat leaf sets. Gonna be a good one for sure! :good:

Thanks buddy :) Yeah,they have fat leaf I burned a couple of days ago :D

Unfortunately, after moved them in the bigger DWC bucket they had a chlorine intoxication (IMO) due to tap water.It's strange to me...because it's never happened before with other plants.
However they were in good shape,so I guess they lose a couple of days...not really a trouble.

I need analysis of my tap water to see how many chlorine is in it...

Soon I'll post some news and pics ;)

Stay tuned tokers :wave: