secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pimball Wizard,
Wish I was half as good as Jimi....
mano negra,
good one...jejeje!! :wink:
bongasaurus,
I have somewhere "Stephen Stills live in Amsterdam",worst of recordings,year 1072 or 73,live at Paradiso??
4+20 etc,you know? :D

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Raco said:
Pimball Wizard,
Wish I was half as good as Jimi....
mano negra,
good one...jejeje!! :wink:
bongasaurus,
I have somewhere "Stephen Stills live in Amsterdam",worst of recordings,year 1072 or 73,live at Paradiso??
4+20 etc,you know? :D
..It's all good...man...keep playing....nice buds..too.. :wave:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bongasaurus said:
ill say it again after seeing all these responses. Buffalo Springfield. early neil and steven stills stuff. possibly the best

the band rocks too. king harvest has surely come has got to be one of my favourite songs...
corn in the fields
listen to the rice as the wind blows acrosss the water
king harvest has surely come

Buffalo Springfield & The Band :yes:
corn in the fields :yes:
my wife thinks that I grow corn lol

G

Country Joe and the Fish

Charlatans

Quicksilver Messenger Service

Big Brother and the Holding Company

Dinosaurs

Moby Grape

The Kinks

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my favorites:
"The concert for Bangladesh"
triple LP,Madison Square Garden,August 1,1971
George Harrison,Ravi Shankar(and band),Bob Dylan,Billy Preston,Leon Russell,Ringo Star,Eric Clapton....etc
I loved it to death! :smile:

G

la mano negra said:
Raco de Lucia :) great guitarrist

Paco is his name... and I agree... he's terrific... love the stuff he did with Al DiMeola and John Mclaughlin

G

>>>Johnny's Garden<<<

What a beautiful piece that was!!

"There's a place.. I can get to... Where I'm safe.. from the city blues.. And it's greeeeen, and it's quiet.. Only trouble was, I had to buy it.. And I'll do anything I've got to do, cut my hair and shine my shoes, and keep on singin' the blues... If I can stay here.. In Johnny's Garden... " :badday: nostalgia blues...

And 'Down the Road' was/is also a classic Stills album. I prefer Stephen Stills at times to much opf the rest of the CSN&Y solo stuff, depending on mood. Stills has a certain edge that defies the others. though they were all very unique as personalities and solo artists.

And Neil young's 'Broken Arrow.' Another 'Wait!! Time-out!!' classic.

Some less-than-well known bands popped into my memory the other day:

'Rare Bird' (amazing stuff, from the same general era <roughly 1971 +/-> as Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, and some truly dreamy stuff.) You can still find it on a music search some places.

Probably no one remembers 'Tucky Buzzard' or 'Stray Dog.'
Heavy early 70s acid metal rock.

& 'Tangerine Dream.'

moose eater

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stephen Stills Live is the shit!!
The acoustic set..whoa!! you can run you can run...jejej!!
4+20
ooohhh nostalgia....:D

G

Mdanzig who woulda thought you liked danzig.LOL (just kiddin') I have a few of his albums.

I 've been listening to Metal since high school , I remember when Metallica were virtually unknown to the rest of the world. I was listening to Nirvana back when Rolling Stone magazine was ripping on their first album(little did they know....)I remember when slayer first came out. Damn I'm startin' to feel old. lol

Last edited:
G

Jackson Browne

Almost any of his albums. Especially;

Every Man

The Pretender

Self-titled

Late For the Sky...

Went to see Leon Redbone and Jesse Colin Young right after John lennon was shot.

Jesse's encore was John Lennon's 'Imagine' with a dedication....

Walking out of that, with the post-concert hush of echoing silence, murmuring voices mumbling into white noise, while snow flakes and hovering hoar frost crystals sparkled with mini-rainbows in the moon light. MAN!!! If I could paste -that- moment into a scrap book!!

moose eater

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jackson Browne....to cool!
Do you like "Running on empty"? :D

G

>>>Do you like "Running on empty"? <<<

Yep, one of his 'newer' (in the grand scheme of things) works; late 70s if I recall. Did a lot of miles to that title cut. It fit and defined well.

There's a couple of newer ones than that as well. I think that one is titled something to the affect of 'Looking East' and there's a couple more that are newer yet. Can't recall their names.

'Rock Me On The Water,' 'The Deluge,' title cut from 'The Pretender' title cut from 'Late for the Sky,' 'Dr. My Eyes,' (his version of) 'These Days,' 'Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate,' 'Something Fine,' and many other true classics are real gut-punching moments of remembrance still.

moose eater

Last edited:
G

I saw Jackson Browne... Keb Mo and Steve Earle in Vegas a few years back... what an awesome show. Jackson played all his hits as well as some new stuff.

Jamaica Say You Will... Rock Me On the Water... These Days... The Pretender... Doctor My Eyes...

They all joined together on stage for Earle's Copperhead Road... "Well my name's John Lee Pettimore... Same as my daddy and his daddy before..."

The night was capped off with The Load Out/Stay... Just gotta love Jackson Browne!

Mais~

minds_I

Veteran
ScorpiokinG said:
I'm still on my kick of listening to primarily one group, The Band. One of, if not the most talented band ive heard. They could play 18 instruments between them and had three really good singers. If your interested in classic american music search out "music from big pink" or "Rock of ages".

*** couple more worth mentioning that i dont think i saw on here yet.

Cream and of course, bob dylan

Robbie Robertson and the Band.

I presume you have seen "The Last Waltz"

I myself listen to teh Band everyday.

minds_I

Latest posts

Latest posts