What's new

Let's talk music.

G

I just saw the Trans Siberian Orchastra. It's not what you think, heavy medal classical with a light show to remember. Jon Anderson from Yes was a special guest. He can still sing a little.

Yngwie Malmsteen-Far Beyond the Sun
Nobody can touch this guy, pinch harmonics and shredding like you wouldn't believe.

G

Jon Anderson has an amazing voice... YES rocks.

I recently picked up Pink Floyd - Pulse dvd... This is a live dvd of a concert from Earl Hall in London back in 1994. Simply incredible.

Mais~

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Comes a time" :yes:
I have American stars & bars,Harvest,Zuma....I saw him in La Coruña,Spain,a few years ago..very good concert,I still have the ticket!the supporter was Beck,to cool!
The Band :yes: Rock of Ages
Yngwie :yes:
Jon Anderson, of course :D

G

Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, Yes, The Who, The Guess Who, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Cat Stevens, Susan Tedeschi, The Allman Brothers, Neil Young, Edgar & Johnny Winter, Moody Blues, Emerson Lake & Palmer, CCR, Van Morrison, Jefferson Airplane..... to name a few

BUT... my favorite is sitting across from my guy while he plays his guitar... AIN'T NOTHING LIKE IT! *S*

Hippie Chic

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Bread - "If a picture paints a thousand words"
Bread - "I want to make it with you"
Bread - "It don't matter to me"

Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Queen - "One vision"
Queen - "Somebody to love"

ZZTOP - "Gimme all your lovin'"
ZZTOP - "TV Dinners"

Guitar gods - Dave Gilmour, Brian May, Mark knofler.

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Tons of great bands listed and I might have missed a few so I'll list some faves. As soon as I submit this I'll think of 10 more.....

Jeff Beck
Savoy Brown
Little Feat
Alvin Lee and Ten Years After
Brian Ferry and Roxy Music
Uriah Heep
Supertramp
Mott the Hoople
Leslie West and Mountain
Robin Trower
Lou Reed
New York Dolls
Canned Heat
J Geils Band
Black Oak Arkansas
Harry Chapin
Electric Light Orchestra
Bad Company

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
John Sebastian and The Lovin' Spoonful

'What a Day for a Daydream'

'Rainbows and Butterflies All Over Your Blues'

'I Had a Dream Last Night'

Take care, all.

moose eater

Moose, have you checked out the "New York Rock and Soul Review?"

Its a live recording of the Spoonful Bro's, Phoebe Snow, Mike Mcdonald, Donald Fagen, and Boz Skaggs in New York prolly 10 or so years ago. They cover a few Steely Dan tunes, a few Spoonful tunes and some from all the others. Most notable for me was the live Dan with Mike Mcdonald singing. Well worth a listen if you get a chance.

G

>>>Moose, have you checked out the "New York Rock and Soul Review?"<<<

Ya' know what? I completely missed this post, and I apologize. I've been enmeshed in other things; mostly born of 'mind in the Winter.' (*Moose hears Jesse Colin Young singing, 'Darkness Darkness'*)

I'll give it a listen/view when I get a chance.

I watched a DVD last night of Crosby, Stills, & Nash at the Warfield Theatre on Market in SanFran from '90 or '91.

It'd been a tough couple of days here.

I had attended their 'Wind On The Water' tour (Just Crosby and Nash at that time) back in Kalamazoo (the home of Gibson guitars!!), in the mid-70s. (Same place we went to see Dave Mason on the 'Headkeeper' tour, and many other acts as well.).

Watched it at about 2:00 A.M. this morning.

Brought back lots of painful nostalgia and too much beauty. :badday:

I saw David Grisman and Jerry Garcia at the Warfield in the early 90s, after their accoustic release with (BB King's) 'The Thrill is Gone' and my all-time-favorite, 'Friend of the Devil.' Another nostalgia moment. Bless Jerry, where ever he may be.

Take care,

moose eater

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I watched a DVD last night of Crosby, Stills, & Nash at the Warfield Theatre on Market in SanFran from '90 or '91."

WOW!! CSN&Y!! :yes:
atf´s :wink:

mtnjohn

Veteran
speaking of david crosby....i was just listening to some songs he had done with the late michael hedges, really some fine material

G

>>>speaking of david crosby<<<

I think that beyond the amazing artistry, there are persons from whom love just shines at times.

I have been fortunate enough to experience some of them to different depths; they are persons who love what they do, and love those who love watching or experiencing that.

They are;

CSN&Y, Johnny Prine, Carlos Santana, BB King, Nancy Griffith, Arlo Guthrie, Tracy Chapman, and some others.

Persons who appear to enjoy their gigs, and their fellow musicians, as much as anyone who bought a ticket. And with a humbleness that defies their talent.

When they also happen to be a part of what was a major cross-roads in the history of my country, and revolutions gone by, that time of hopefulness, and "we can do anything together," all of that comes out big time as well.

Watching any one of those above, when they are grinning from ear to ear, impressed as anyone else is with their last riff, brings back an experience that wreaks of what it was all about in the first place.

Like Bob Marley's 'Trenchtown Rock' speaks of; a state of spiritual up-lifting.

moose eater

VictoryGardener

holy hell
my signature belongs here

“We need music, I dont know why. It's probably one of those Joseph Campbell questions, why we need ritual. We need magic and bliss, and power and myth, and celebration and religion in our lives and music is a good way to encapsulate a lot of it.”

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Wow, I am a youngin (21 years old) but ya'll have the best taste in music around. This is all stuff I listen to and love. All of my favorites. Confuses me when people say "You know you are old when your favorite songs are on the oldies station." Because all of my favorites are there already. My music and my mom's are one in the same. Recently pulled her LPs from the attic and love them all. Bought some at a store too...Emerson, Lake and Palmer, the Moody Blues, Yes, Rick Wakeman, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Electric Light Orchestra, James Gang, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass to name a few. Sucks people listen to this new crap and try to label it music. Smoke on old stoners.
Oh, and hi. :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts