What's new

Anybody crafty?

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Nice looking brick!
Gives me an idea. I just started playing with Polymer Clays.
Wilds Colors and Translusent clays could be used to cover those and have the lights inside for a nice accent in a corner or a fire place mantel.

If I get time to up load some pics of Altoid Stash boxes I'm making, kinda childish looking I have to admit. But it's so easy to use and fun to use.

Nice thread. I also do a lot of antique work. Auction hound here :)

Sin

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Please do that Sin, I would like to see what you are doing. I like working with polymer clays also, good for the hands and the brain I think.
I bet that would look good on those glass bricks.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Well here you go

Well here you go

I'm on dail up so it takes a long time to upload there :)

I just started using this stuff. I found that Sculpey III is too soft for what I want to do.. Make Canes. But this is good for covering tins and jars and what have you.
I need a Pasta Roller to make the clay an even thickness.

Here's the tins and a small pack of Sculpey III

I made this box from a Bubble Gum Tin. It's for the most understanding person I know.. My Exwife :)

I cut the letters using a Stencil, again this clay is a bit soft for a clean cut.
I wanted the different thickenss in the letters. I used all the colors I had LOL!

Here's the back I cut the back squres one at a time, the clay sticks to it's self very well.

One I am still working on for the 2nd most understanding person I know, My GF Caryn.

I also cover Mason Jars for Stash Jars, use your stoner imagination, it a ton of fun.

Sin

B

bonecarver_OG

love this thread - even if its in the girl forum - i cant stay away hehe

working on the moment on a BIG carving job - 16 meters pf hieroglyphics and reliefs - and gold leaf covered and the whole traditional lot. on top making a whole lot of sculptures latelly - ill see if i can find something that i can take pics of.. its messy since its my job and i dont want to get recognized..

peace

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Damn Bonecarver ( I see where you got your name now :)

I want to see that! I can't carve, draw, paint, or do clay. Wish I was an Artist :(
But I have fun tryin anyway.

Sin

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great pics you guy!!...I love looking at peoples creations :D .... please bonecarver...show us if you can I would love to see that work of art.

rastamonunika

digital crafts worthy>?

digital crafts worthy>?

bonecarver that carving sounds magnificent!

i love to play with any media really, dont have any training but i enjoy the arts and music =)

ive been working in 3d and illustrator lately, dunno if it qualifies as a "craft". . . youll just have to wait till christmas to see my wreaths =)

lovely work everyone, wish glassmaster would join in and show some of his Glass ojects!

Sorry, they are all in the gallery. . . they didnt want to just load as an image =/, and i dont feel like hosting them right now. .

lovely work everyone!

lots of Love and Light
unika

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

B

bonecarver_OG

only thing in "art" i have studied is a bit of multimedia design (3d etc) and the art classes back at school. but since i allways liked it - i just went for it anyway. :D

if u can model in 3d - u can learn to carve too or sculpt! :D

peace!

G

is painting, tattooing, carving, and drawing /etching, Crafting?? i have a cool water color i painted a while back...and some other art work...?

G

heres the painting, i think you have to be kinda crafty to do this?
i dont know... i just hope you like it. alot of fine crafts here BTW.
thanks , joe

Last edited:

rastamonunika

lovely watercolor joe, nice color choices indeed =) and i like the detail work on the eye and such, looks very good =)

im a big fan of oil pastels, but they are damn messy =P

anyhow, looks very nice =)

lots of Love and Light
unika

G

Hello...

Hello...

...cool glad u like...heres a skull i carved. It used to be a bird. i bought it from a garage sale. I think its ironwood, its hard as iron. i transformed it from a bird..into this...took a long time... if it is ironwood, i know why they call it ironwood. I am a finish carpenter, worked w/ MANY dif types of wood, and this by FAR the hardest wood i ever used.
Peace
Enjoy a fatty
Betty is.

G

the lower end of the Jaw, used to be the Tail of the bird, sides were the wings, and yes the bird is minus a head. sorry bird, but ineeded to make this out of u. u were perchased w/ this in mind. 50 cents... actually 1.00 for 2. i still have he bigger one for another project, another day.
peace
joe I LIKE THIS SPOT!!! thank you for the place to show u my CRAFTS>