What's new

Anybody crafty?

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Soul Fertilizer said:
The flowers probably have seeds... if they are not too pressed grow a garden..

Just a thought... That is what I would do

Happy new year everybody..

SF

But she dried and pressed them 30 years ago, thats a pretty long time. And that is what it makes it so cool too I think.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
I'm trying to germ some 15 year old Gord Seed. So far no luck.
But it would be cool to grow some seeds from 1976, use the Gords for Projects.

Hissin Nice work, I WISH you well in your Art! Fanstastic!

Sin

G

Yeah the seeds might or might not still work.. But I know what you mean pomh.

She wen't through all that trouble to collect and press them so it's nice to preserve them accordingly.

How about a nice album with a handpainted or handcrafted cover and passepartout inlay on the pages?

With say the latin name of the flower and the time and place that they were collected.

Just another idea.. You probably already got a beautiful flower/herb garden going anyway.

:smile:

Last edited:
G

pieceofmyheart said:
Well I have a craft item and haven't decided what to to do with them yet. Anyone have experience with dried, pressed flowers?

My mom gave me some that she had pressed over 30 years ago, they are nicely preserved in a wax paper. I'll take some pics of them later. I think it is very sweet that she gave me these and I want to make a nice keepsake.

Maybe get a nice picture of your mom, a bigger frame and arrange the flowers around the picture of your mom.

Just a thought!

Hippie Chic

G

Raggedy Quilts

Raggedy Quilts

I have enjoyed making what they call Raggedy Quilts, I use flannel and denim.

This is the Quilt I made for Mais for his birthday...all flannel

This is the Quilt I just finished over the holidays with my NEW sewing machine... Pink denim & flannel prints... They are alot of work, but I love making them...

Hippie Chic

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Those are beautiful hippie chic! I love to sew and have made gifts for many people over time. I have some of my sewing way back in this thread somewhere. A skirt and aprons...maybe even a blanket, cant remember.

Nice job though and I bet your man loved his.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Hi outkastt :wave: I am very crafty...but I can't cook, heehee

raising kids...yeah I am doing that too, although sometimes I feel like I'm trying to nail jello to a tree.....lol I have teens, need I say more?

arcversicoloris

Hey girls

New to the forum :)

My craft? I cook.. I'm a student at the Culinary Institute of America and I love cooking...with special ingredients. :yummy:

arcversicoloris

outkastt said:
Piecepfmyheart, mine are all teens too!!!! The oldest is in college, but the other 2 are here, and at times driving me crazy, lol. Not that my oldest doesn't still cause some chaos, but thet are the lights of my life. So, I know, exactly what you are going through.......if only they knew this is the easy part of life. Have a good one....peace...O.

I wish you were my mom so I could smoke with you!!

My mom knows about the habit but doesn't approve because she accidentally ate too many brownies and literally did not wake up for 3 days. (My dad, her boyfriend at the time, confirms this.)

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Well, I wouldn't smoke with my kids, I have never even smoked around them.

Maybe when they are adults and out on thir own, taking care of themselves.....then maybe........if they even smoke herb.......I can't even imagine that yet.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Check out this cute egg. It is made of clay pot material, you crack it, add water and set it in the sun. Apparently, it will grow a bean and the bean will have a message on it. The message on the ones I bought says, I LOVE YOU.

I thought they looked cool and I love an excuse to do something special for my kids...well teens. So I got them to put in an easter basket.

483895v.jpg

I found these to use as baskets, fake leather, but cute. They can use them to put stuff in on their desks I think.

3yfjo0w.jpg

Some stuff that will be going in. I love doing things like this, makes me happy.

2ll0j1z.jpg

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a cute egg pomh....the bean has a msg on it??..thats cool, what kind of bean is it? Ive never seen anything like that..pretty neat...those baskets are cool too..you can do a bunch of things with those, thanks for sharing :)

*peeps* lol love those spongey things :)

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Ok this is cool, I looked at the package so I could look it up on the internet. I can't find this particular product but the manufacturer is vanBourgondien, a company that sells dutch flower bulbs and such. Interesting.

It says on the package that when the bean grows it will have that message on the bean, I'll do a follow up pictoral on it, heehee.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I want to see it after it grows...

I want to see it after it grows...

I wonder how they got the message in there? I have a fortune cookie theroy, butttt...................I donnno no :confused: :chin: :nono: I like the baket s too.. I still have my easter basket form when I was a kid,

H

HellBoy

Like the Phoenix... Phoenix.jpg this thread rises from the dead!

..dang, sneaky! I didn't know I posted that here... but sorry to hear you were there to get your ass kicked!! ... life sucks... than ya die, I guess... ;)

In keeping w/ the tradition of this thread... I wanna show a little "crafting" I did recently... I call it my $5 400w HID reflector! :D

013-Dscn9487_500px.jpg

ya just get the bottom off the mailbox, spread the sides.... use the metal (longways) from the bottom to attach to the top and keep it spread... (drill and pop-riviter or small nuts and bolts for that job).

attach the Mogul receptical and make it SAFE... use code procedures for all electrical connections!

014-Dscn9488_500px.jpg

.. a coat of Rustoleum "silver metallic" on the underside of the hood puts ya in biznez! :D

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Just looked through this thread , great stuff everybody . Lots of talent here for sure .
thought I would share my other hobbies too .
Hand sewn footbag ( or hackysack ) 32 ultrasuede panels .
and a few of my flameworked glass marbles