What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody crafty?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bonecarver....you can come here when ever you want...its a womans forum but everyone is welcome....we love to hear ideas from guys...dont know if we will use it but we listen :D
really, its ok, come and hang out anytime :D

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
POMH...you got that right, we like the boys...heheh
your chair is looking good...you go girl!!

B

bonecarver_OG

most i learnt about handling antiques and restoring furniture - i learnt from my girl who studied fine arts. she got lots of knowledge :D im just sharing what she is showing and telling me :D

btw - she says hi :D

here is a pic of her working with an antique chair.

peace

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Hi back to your lady and thanks for the advice.

This particular chair seems to have nice wood on the arms and legs, but the back is cheap and crappy. That was why I decided to put leather on the back.
I'll post pics when it is all done. I am having fun with it regardless.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yeah, gotta enjoy your hobbies, its relaxing and takes your miind off all the stress in your life, I love to read, its my release, my way of unwinding and letting go :D

supernerd

I can make a bong with a water bottle and a pen. Does that qualify me "crafty" eh?

oh and i'm not a woman but who cares.

okay but seriously i'm just being a smart ass tonight.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Almost finished, have a few details to take care of still. It's a shame the back of the chair is cheap particle board, the rest of it is pretty good wood. If I was a carpenter, *cues music* hehehe I would make a new back for it.

The leather I put on it is very nice, soft and a bit worn looking like an old coat.

Last edited:

Laxpunker

*sigh* my wife is reupholstering the kitchen chairs as we speak. i swear, the fabric is good for more than one year...why change it. Anyways nice work on the chair Pohm, it really wouldn't be that hard or costly to replace the backing with some maple. If you can stitch (hard stuff), you can hammer.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Actually I am pretty good with tools but I don't know about cutting the wood and that sort of thing. I would need some instruction on that.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pohm your chair turned out very nice, you did a great job!
nice find at the flea market...cute little chair, very sleek looking, thanks for sharing :D
p.s. you can do what ever you set your mind to I bet.

G

pieceofmyheart said:
Check out this cool thing I found at the flea market. A portable chair. Isn't cool?

very cool, and great work on the chair above it,,,,,enjoy realaxing in it......bd

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I saw this in a shop somewhere and knew I could make one. I just made this for a friend that is getting married. Now I want one.

This is a geode slice made into an oil light. Supplies are in the pic along with the geode slice, glue and a small, clear ashtray. I used Bond 527, an all purpose craft glue, wicks , funnel and the little glass stoppers are from a crafts store in the candle wax/oil section.

I used a drill press and glass drill bit to make the hole in the geode. Then glue the ashtray on the bottom, fill with lamp oil and light. Cool huh?

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I have made these as gifts for friends the past couple of years. Glass blocks form Lowe's, drill a hole in the back toward the bottom. Spray paint the back with white paint and place a pic on the front. I used clear label paper and found pics on the internet, then peel and stick the pic on front (the hardest part)
Spray with a finishing spray, or clear enamel spray.
Even easier, you can spray the entire block with like gold or whatever color then tie a pretty wired ribbon on it to make it look like a package, very pretty under the Christmas Tree.

Then stick a set of 25 lights in the hole and it is done.

2a5ycm1.jpg

2cpwdcp.jpg

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are really pretty POMH...what a cool idea...I bet they look good under the tree, but arrrrgggggg its almost christmas!!...comes faster every year!! LOL

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
lovely gifts... except i'd probly spend a little time trying to open it first lol

: )

first time in the womens forums ./// Hope your all well

Peace

That was a very unique idea. Loved it...and ya know if I get one for christmas its GREAT :) Not something I would have thought of. But I am not good at crafts....Im more of a stand up comedian :)