Here is the chess set I was talking about and a few more pics

I like watching this thing I made twirl in the wind... it's hypnotizing

more pics in the

Nature Lovers Thread

Last edited:
G

Thank you for the kind words POMH

Love your spoons.. very nice work.

I got to try carving something next summer. Maybe some really nice ornamental chopsticks...

I also had planned to make a totem pole but I got to get some better tools first.

Wood is a warm material so it's fun working with it.

I walk around in the forest almost every day during the summer taking pictures and I usually find something that I can use later on..

But winter is fun too...

:D

Reindeers are actually a lot smaller than I thought

Last edited:
G

Great job on the Chess set Soul! very nice. i love working w wood too. i'm a finish carpenter. i get paid $ to play w/ wood...another dream come true. excellent job soul, and i love ur spoons too POMH!
peace joe

G

All you sweet beings

All you sweet beings

Feel deep I heart is true

We all used to be...

And now we are!

No sweat... I no fret

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpto5F03_6E

I'm trading in an education in fishery for a training in gardening... No(w) wenchman go

Good move in babylon!

..got to reach the higher ground... whatever it is from here right now..

?

Now by all the assembled confusion.. why do you grow weed my friends?

It is considered highy unorthodox in any (ancient) culture :D

Peace Munchkins... just care when it comes to the good part

Donuts do knot touch my words

check out mother earth niceness

get up and stand up :joint:

in any other way..

Last edited:
G

i think....

i think....

...these are extreamly crafty. A very nice older Gentelman from down the street, who i perodicly run into, and my 5 yr old daughter is very fond of...
hes from Ethiopia, and hand carves them himself...they are usually in different stages when we run into him.
i think everytime we talk and he has a finished one on him..he gives it to us..
super cool. THANKs ALL! peace! ENJOY

G

heres my wind thingy...

heres my wind thingy...

...a dif older man made this after getting out of the army a very long time ago.
he passed it on to me b4 he passed. its very vintage..i feel him from it? what ever that means..
cool huh?
peace
joe
ps. anybody gettin tired of me yet>?

Last edited:
G

hmm.. I must have been tripping in my last post.. sorry about that folks.. highly off topic..

Sweet joeshmoe... He had the same idea I did.

I thought about painting mine white and black but I kinda liked the earthy feel it had to it so I left it alone. You should put it outside so it can twirl in the wind.

Those keys are really nice too.. but I wonder where do they go.. maybe to that big old oak tree deep in the forest that has a keyhole in its side :chin:

Last edited:
G

lol.. Just horsing around :D

Here is a comic that I drew a while back in PS. I don't know if it counts as art but here goes. I'm sorry but the text is kindof small as the pics are downsized by upload.. but if the text is too small too read, just rightclick and save the picture and zoom in on it in your picture browser (the + key).

Here is the first one I drew called Life according to Mr. Coffeehead (read coffeheads speech first in the first box).

Here is the second...

It's called Mr.Coffeehead travels to the island of Java..

..and the last one..

Mr. Coffeehead travels the world

Prepare to evacuate soul..

Peace

Last edited:
G

well... in case nobody figured it out...

I'm Mr.Coffeehead...

Fusion in confusion..

How come all my posts are thread...

..killers? :chin:

Now who is having fun.... ?

Peace

Last edited:
G

Once again..

Thank you for the kind words pomh. I love talking to you :wave:

I bet!.. I just thought that I would throw some [con] into that fusion... just to shake things up..

But I guess I'm not making any sense.. looks like it's back to the drawingboard for me..

now sorry... I lose focus real easy...

.. Talking out of my hat ..

...who me??

May I be the first one to recomend Tove Janssons: The comet is coming.. and The wizards hat.... and all her other books if you can find them in english..

They are mildly spooky, highly entertaining and allow for the existance of wonderful far out universes...

Another good one is The wind on the moon by Eric Linklater..

Don't fear the reaper

That goes for all ya'll!

just my :2cents:

Last edited:
G

I do not mean to be rude....

..but we all got Free Will....

..Right?.. :joint:

Last edited:
G

..are you talking about Mork & Mindy?

I hope that I do not look like an orc.....

Well.. just human

..I'll take that as a compliment... :wave:

P.S I'm horsing around again :D

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Well I have a craft item and haven't decided what to to do with them yet. Anyone have experience with dried, pressed flowers?

My mom gave me some that she had pressed over 30 years ago, they are nicely preserved in a wax paper. I'll take some pics of them later. I think it is very sweet that she gave me these and I want to make a nice keepsake.

G

hehehe, great stuff!
hey POMH, hows it goin?...yea. you could do something in wood.. then just laqure over.
a good clear polly urithane would be cool too...
just make a small mold, put in flowers and mix and pour over, break mold and pollish. you can add little leggs or a hook in the back so you could hang in front of a window, its cool cause its clear and w/ sun shining through it looks cool. they come out like preserved in amber...but clear polly. that stuff is expensive. its the same stuff used to make bitchen floors. they add rocks and text all kindsa stuff
i had some left over from a job...i did a snakes head for someone that picked up a rattle snak road kill. put it in a cool shaped jar mixed the clear and filled.
3 days later broke the glass and pollished just like you would a cool tumbled rock. it loked very cool. fully preserved and 3d.
P joe :wave:

Last edited:
G

now i get the joke.... of ...you must spread some rep around b4 giving it to pieceofmyheart again. i'm slow....can u tell?

Hissin Appi

joeshmoe said:
i am doing his hole shoulder cap. i have done everthing so far freehand...except the dragon.. it was there already.
added the 13 and 2 colors...and picked out the pattern for his backarm.
if i knew how id attach it to show you whats next after some more color.
lots more color.......

Oh, I'm loving it! Great work freehand, amazing really. I'm so anxious to get my hand on a needle machine, but haven't had the $$ yet. (Or €€ hehe)
A friend of mine's gonna tutor me with technical part etc. He has been inking for about 4 years now (which is not much yet..).
Been scetching alot of tattoos for years now, gotta get a try with the real equipment ;)
Latest scetch I did for myself, done with Photoshop. Work by Timppa at Blue Dragon/Helsinki FIN:
showoff.jpg

Like you said, looks like there's some good amount of work still to do. I'd love to see your work finished :joint:

(Women's forum? Ok, I wasn't here! :))

edit: Yeah, more on the "crafty" topic. I do handprinted T-shirts, for example.

Last edited:
G

The flowers probably have seeds... if they are not too pressed grow a garden..

Just a thought... That is what I would do

Happy new year everybody..

SF

Last edited:
G

NICE WORK, HA...yup get a gun. you have the talent and desire and the hardest is finding help...u have that too. you can make your own tattoo guns to pratice with real easy, REAL CHEEP fun to make and use! you need to get a gun bro, find some takers and start praticing. i could tell ya how to make one...its better to just start w/ a shop gun so you dont end up haveing to learn how to use 2 diff types...for me it was eaisier to learn the shop guns BECAUSE of all the experiance with my home made guns...P>joe