What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PCK x Kali China limited edition

gr8fulguitr

this thread goes to the sticky area again :huggg:

That is great news. I have some of these seeds (maybe 10) from a self-ed fem I had from the a couple years ago.
This is a great flower mix for my needs not to strong and when properly cured and dried, it has very unique in taste. Easy to grow too.
:biggrin:

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

Earlier I posted about my first harvested one of these. Here is the second. Pretty much ready now. Very similar but needed a bit more time to really finish. Looking very nice I think. Also a bit larger size than the first one.

lTugPQw.jpg

bIvbPTS.jpg

HlH4kQj.jpg

These two are quite different from the one I grew when the seeds first arrived a few years ago. These are much more indica structured and not so dark purple colored. That first one was much more sativa structured but nearly black flowers. So my idea of this hybrid was very different than these two this year are turning out to be. At some point I'll have to try the new version I guess.

paisajedehierba

Hi musigny,
very nice results with this line. I now the older line from three years ago with larger stature and perhaps a litle bit longer internotes. I liked the smoke much. The effect was at first slightly energising and than developed calmer and introspective. One plant gave me 120g with little watering guerilla style. I wish you pleasing smoking seasions.

Shooters

Hi Shooters,

Thanks for giving a try to the new version of the hybrid :)

The more compact structure and wide-leaved traits of the new version also come from the Kali China F4 elite mother, which is a very refined hashplant indica pheno of Kali China, instead of the more sativa Kali China F3 mother used in older version of this hybrid. Please, let us know how the indoor plant is doing when you have the chance.

Btw, how is doing your outdoor wall of PCK x Kali China this season ?

The wall is covered 10 feet by 10 feet, going to be another bumper crop like two years ago.

picture.php

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Popped another one this week. I grew this two years ago with OK results but I think I can do better now. Hoping for purple.

Butcher45

I received my sample of the 2019 light dep grow of PCKC #3 (Green Pheno). The harvest from this first-run, quickie light-dep of 13 plants was 10 and 3/4 pounds. There was very little trim to be had compared to most strains, and every bud on the plant was trimmable and useable (zero larf).

This grow was done with not-enough soil in the beds, as well (there was a miscalculation/mis-delivery somewhere along the line).

My sample was kept sitting around in a ziplock bag for awhile before I got it.....so the flavor subtleties may take me a bit more smoking time to pick up with this sample.

I also just this morning smoked a small nug of a little outdoor clone I have hanging up, harvested about Halloween or so......it was finishing quite nicely in the sub-freezing weather. A strong storm, and 22 degree evening lead me to bring the small clone inside to keep in the dark for 48hours before cutting. This small cut I had outside full-season is the first cut I have grown of PCKC#3 that had some purpling show at the tips of flowers. VERY sticky plant, and zero mold. Took sub-freezing temps like a champ. Smells wonderful just as before, and the taste is top-notch. The high certainly takes me back to the mother plant light dep, in the way that it settles to the head so happily.....so this full-season clone finished quite well this year. The structure of the buds grown in this 2019 light-dep bed reminds me of the green pheno bud photo Dubi shared in post #147.

The grower is a man of few words lol he describes the high as "Up, Clear, and Calm". Smell of course said to be like nothing else.

One of his friends said it makes him feel like he is on painkillers (there is at least one other post in this thread somewhere mentioning a painkiller/morphine type of effect), and makes him feel.......uhhm..... "stupified" I suppose (paraphrasing what he actually said to be PC).

Strange how different folks describe the same strain, and cut.

The grower of this light dep has several grower friends in our area (the Willamette Valley) whose light dep grows suffered from hermie's this season. Their strain selections weren't cut-out for the light dep environment here. They are all impressed with how this PCKC #3 green pheno light dep turned out, and want cuts of it to grow for next season.......and that they'll get if we have our way!

I'm going to play around with revegging this year using this little clone I just harvested, and see how that goes.....should be fun!

Hoping to have time to get a nice Thai Chi selection or two made, to run alongside the new-and-improved PCKC#3 green pheno light dep run next year......we'll see what happens.

Attachments

• P1080668.jpg
    P1080668.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 59
  • P1080672.jpg
    P1080672.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 67
  • P1080686.jpg
    P1080686.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 67
  • P1080706.jpg
    P1080706.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 62
  • P1080708.jpg
    P1080708.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 54
  • P1080709.jpg
    P1080709.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 66
  • P1080713.jpg
    P1080713.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

gr8fulguitr

Hey ACE lovers.

Right so. I had one of the original limited edition Pakistan Chitral Kush and Kali China selfed, got about 20 seeds. I am running 2 of these seeds now.

The new grow is going well and Then about 4 weeks into flower, I accidentally reprogrammed my lights and have re vegged them for about the 2 weeks before I figured it out. I got them back on track, 11/13 my standard flowering light schedule as soon as I found out.
Upon close examination they look Okay, maybe not perfect but life is this way.

I know ACE worked the KC for some time so I figure the hybrid is pretty stable but I dont mind plucking pollen sacs at the end of flower if I have to, it is the price you pay for being a below average gardener. How much longer to flower? I don't know. 6 weeks? 8? till the whenever it is ready I guess.

This is about the 4th o 5th time I have grown the PCK-KC hybrid. It is good with a morning cuppa coffee or and evening glass of wine, it is popular around my family. I will grow this again and for years to come.

For a week back under 11/13, not bad......So far so good, fingers crossed.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]Oi, I never said I was a good grower, just trying not to repeat my mistakes.
No worries I am having great, fun mistakes and all.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]grate Day!
[/FONT]

gr8fulguitr

PCK-KC

PCK-KC

Here is an update on my very abused Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan. 2 self-ed seed sisters I made from the original limited edition release.
In spite of my abuse they are putting up some happy flowers. I am glad I turned this grow around it is crucial at this particular time for me. Good mellow flowers maybe 4-5 weeks and I will start testing samples.

They are in the same earth box.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About 2 feet tall, just right for my grow space
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The C-coot soil mix
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Lovely little plants. they have survived pretty well. I hope I can finish them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry for not replying to this thread for so long .... such nice results! Love to see you still growing this limited edition :yes:

musigny23, what was your overall impression about your harvest of this cross ?
Love the colors and chunky flowers of your harvest from last season!

Shooters, how did you PCK x KC finish ? Did you have a successful harvest ? I hope so friend.

What a nice harvest Burcher45 :yes: Really chunky and resinous buds :yummy: Glad the harvest was abundant and a breeze to trim, and that your selection of the strain performed smoothly with the cold temps, with 0 botrytis. Pleased to hear she is different compared with the strains you are used to grow and smoke there and that you and your friends enjoyed her potency, effects and terpenes.

Nice to see yours as well gr8fulguitr ;) Some of the leaves in your last pic show a PK excess, kindly flush her in next watering and make sure you are watering and feeding in the correct PH and EC range.

Thanks everyone for your feedback :wave:

gr8fulguitr

Thanks everyone for your feedback :wave:

:tiphat:

Absolutely, I am very attached to this hybrid as it was my first ACE grow. I am glad I can continue with it.
I will try to keep updates as harvest nears.

Next summer I plan on more ACE seeds, I want to domesticate a panama or some central american. I have many seeds to sort through bu time to do it.

gr8fulguitr

Here is an update on my plants. They have bounced back from re - vegging well. Here is about six weeks since the accidental reveg.
The one on the left is flopping over from the weight of flower. Not the best pictures. I have trouble focusing today.

The smells I get are herbaceous eucalyptus and green apple from the one on the right. And lemon-lime chewing gum from the one on the left. Magnificent!

picture.php

here is some close up

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ironically I once had PCK/KC in a room where the fans got turned off for a day right before defoliation and that morning I noticed a leaf touching another leaf closely. I cut it away and there was mold to my dismay. Sure enough the whole room molded and almost all the plants succumbed to the PM. Except the PCK/KC.Every PCK/KC was mold free the whole round and produced the same Purple berry, gasoline, tiger balm and eucalyptus smelling fire.

Even if the plant directly was touching a severely molding plant the PCK/KC still didn't mold.

Ironically out of my 5 pack. 4 seeds smelled like cat piss and were green. The 5th was purple and I bread it into itself. The resulting seeds produced the darkest green phenotype with insane density. Similar taste.

gr8fulguitr

Even if the plant directly was touching a severely molding plant the PCK/KC still didn't mold.

I can believe it. This is my 5th time running pck/kc from the original limited edition. I got it because of the mold resistance and it has not let me down. My tent has been in the 70%rh during lights out this run, lots of rain. But the buds look clean. I will probably run this next summer indoors again, you cannot beat the Mold resistance.
I am glad I have some selfed seeds for the future.

Harvest is almost complete. I will find some final pictures.

gr8fulguitr

This is one of my pck x KC couple days before harvest. Smells are not strong but very sour and acrid. Camphor might describe it. My other plant was very [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eucalyptus mint...[/FONT]

It also grew perfect size for my short tent without much training. I had 2 in one earthbox contianer

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for getting back to us with your final results gr8fulguitr. Magnificent indeed! :tiphat:

Really pleased to receive such good feedback from at least a few growers about the PCK x Kali ChinaF3 first release.
Curious to know the opinion from growers about the second new version (Kali China F4 x PCK) of this limited edition.

Shooters

I finally got a green pheno over my winter indoor grow. It is the most wonderful smoke I have had yet from this line. Sweat and fruity with a smooth inhale and tasty exhale. High is fantastic, social and long lasting. I was able to reveg her and placed in my green house to preserve her for the summer and aquire cuttings to keep this as a mother.

sativaman514

Hi everyone
Just harvesting my PCK x KaliChina. Results are fantastic: insanely frosty, vibrant smell of lemon, vanilla and pine, somehow sour with berry notes. Abundant resin production with chunky calyxes and purple hues that came just at the end. This phenotype does not look like any others I've seen from this line. Plant finished in about 8 week from flip and this is day 50 from firsts pre flowers.
Very nice space adaptability as she developed strong branching out but stayed compact as she was in a corner beside 2 bigger plants. Strain is rated on the medium side for THC but she stinks and looks killer. I Love her already!
She was very light sensitive and did not enjoy LEDs, growing twisted and stressed leaves. She finished under an hps and I could instantly see the improvement.
Thank you ACE for the great genetic and also these were free seeds sent with my last order!

Pics at chop day from 2 sides to show the great space adaptability: no lst was done only one topping before flip. She did this by herself =)
IMG_1745.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG

Some buds close-ups =)
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1744.JPG
IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG

This was how the leaves looked under Samsung diodes.
IMG_1784.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 67

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy for you Shooters :) Glad you found a green pheno that checks all the boxes and that you managed to preserve in clone form!

Thanks a lot also sativaman514 for sharing with us your great experience with the new PCK x Kali China :dance013:
As we commented via email, your pheno is all purple hashplant Kali China pheno and not so evidently PCK influenced,
it's closer to our Kali China elite mother F4, but with slightly more open flower structure.

​​​​​​The wrinkled leaves is more genetic rather than from the environment, since both parent plants of this cross sometimes like to produce variegated leaves.

She looks perfect for harvest time in the pics ;) Please, let us know your opinion once you are more familiarized with her.

El Timbo

I have just ordered some of these... I have been looking for an indica dominant hybrid for winter grows here but I've been having issues with PM - hopefully this will be the answer.

Dubi - Apart from choosing resistant genetics, what other measures do you take to combat your local PM?

Latest posts

Latest posts