What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Triggers are kind of a specialty. It's not just a lighter pull but no creep and a clean break that makes it good. Creep is where it doesn't pull smooth but lightly hangs in spots giving the false impression its about to fire.

Se if the guy does any work on the sear when he puts it in.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
https://palmettostatearmory.com/fed...er-4-1-link-ammuntion-100rds-zsama557moi.html

I get a kick out of some of these ads.

WHO BUYS THESE THINGS ?

4 regular 50 BMG, 1 tracer 50 cal BMG.

Though I admit, I bought a box of 20 rounds of 50 BMG.

Thinking about pulling the bullet out of one and using the powder to top off some re-loads. It's very slow-burning with HUGE kernels.

Should go fine ... unless I make a spark removing the bullet. :trampoline:

I would have a fiddy if my property could accommodate shooting it. 15-20 years ago you could buy them, and ammo. Price has exploded. Won't do any good these days, cause the cops have armor (Bearcat for one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenco_BearCat ) that can take 10ea .50 API rounds in the same spot. Little police dept in Hemet, CA was showing off theirs one day at a store car lot. I was trying to figure out where to shoot it as we talked about their cool toy.

That is a cool looking trigger. My M1A (M-14 copy) has a trigger that is too hard also. It is a useless weapon, so I don't care.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know you live in the country if you cannot figure out why guys keep talking about firearms on a thread about 'you know you live in the country if' -

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
you know you live in the country if you know exactly why guys keep talking about firearms on a thread about 'you know you live in the country if' :D

St. Phatty

There's a lot of firearms knowledge here, comparable to some of the firearms websites.

But the combination of Cannabis & Firearms gives certain gov. agencies minor heartburn (I recommend Cannabis for the heartburn :dancer: )

So this thread is a way of being discreet about it.

I figure Toker's Den is kind of like a bar, anyway.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

if you have a question about guns (especially rifles for hunting),
you can get a much better answer by asking your neighbors than you can get on the internet..

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Cannabis is legal where I live. You would never see someone toking up before shooting.

Keep it in perspective by knowing that many gun clubs have bars.
Generally, I think it taboo to shoot after you've been at the bar but I'm sure it happens.

One great thing about living in the country is that you can sit on your deck and fire away.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I would have a fiddy if my property could accommodate shooting it. 15-20 years ago you could buy them, and ammo. Price has exploded. Won't do any good these days, cause the cops have armor (Bearcat for one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenco_BearCat ) that can take 10ea .50 API rounds in the same spot.

G. Gordon Liddy of Nixons' gang had an idea on that line of thought. he said years ago on his radio show that "you should shoot cops in the head because the bastards are wearing body armor"...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I just purchased my first rifle. A Diamondback ar-15 blackout 300. What do you guys think about the blk 300?
I ordered a bore site, and need to order a nice red dot. They are expensive it seems.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I just purchased my first rifle. A Diamondback ar-15 blackout 300. What do you guys think about the blk 300?
I ordered a bore site, and need to order a nice red dot. They are expensive it seems.

all i have heard about the blk 300 was good. you can buy a cheap red dot, but then you have a cheap red dot.:shucks: not what i want to be looking through if i need to shoot something...you get what you pay for normally.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Best of both worlds

Best of both worlds

.... I live 'on the edge', there's a mountain range right across the street, literally!

Of course, East Coast country is a lot different than out West, it's all relative.;)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They should start a thread about guns and firearms ... maybe ?:dunno: I spotted this cruising overhead yesterday I could’ve use some heavy artillery ...
picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hornady lock n load but I feel like I'm ready for the top end models now....I rec everyone grab one

A simple Lee turret press has served me well for 40 years. I am on my 2nd one. I keep a turret of dies for each caliber I run. I have it bolted to a 12" x 12" piece of plywood, that I can C-clamp to a bench or kitchen counter, to set-up my loading operation.

Since we're talking guns, a little jewell of a pocket pistol is a SIG 365. These will fit perfectly into the coin pocket of WMT Wrangler blue jeans, making a nice carry gun. I liked the one I bought just before the election so much, I got a couple more. One will get a TLR-6 light/laser, for bedside duty. Luckily that dealer had hollow point ammo. Had.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Oh geeze let the boys get tangential once in awhile it's easy to fall into deep conversation about ballistics

I had good results at 400 yards today.

With a 150 grain full metal jacket bullet and 90% load of very fast burning rifle powder.

They have steel discs that are about 10% in diameter.

I switched to a different lower that has a lighter pull on the trigger.

Maybe I should try oiling the one that feels heavy.

Today there were 2 other guys with 6 heavy barrel rifles between them. All bolt action.

One of them had a 225-something rifle. The bullet is about the size of a 22-250, but with a rim. I didn't think to ask him if 225 actually measures 225 or is just another Label for 224/223.

A simple Lee turret press has served me well for 40 years. I am on my 2nd one. I keep a turret of dies for each caliber I run. I have it bolted to a 12" x 12" piece of plywood, that I can C-clamp to a bench or kitchen counter, to set-up my loading operation.

That's more what I have. The Lock & Load is about $450 @ Midsouth Shooters.

I change powders every 4, 8, or 12 or 16 bullets.

I like the manual approach, with a single beam balance scale. I actually use a yellow Lee 2.5 cc plastic scoop.

The scale measures to the nearest "chocolate sprinkle", the bigger ones, which weigh about .001 grams. It has 1/10 grain markings but it moves a fair amount from one chocolate sprinkle.

Chocolate sprinkle = extruded powder.

Latest posts

Latest posts