What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Lebanizer

Well I've done a bit of a lookup and I think @goingrey is right ! This looks like mold :cry:. the good news is as I'm handling her to get rid of this, the aroma is turning pure flowery delight. I wouldn't want to lose that. Thinking about how I could get mold, I think it probably has to do with poor air flow and too stale air. Also she's quite leafy so all those leaves must contribute to creating quite some evaporation. I'm scutinizing the bud with a magnifier to get rid of the crap.

PS:
I don't know what to think. The more I handle those yellow/brown calyxes, the more healthy seeds are popping out.

Last edited:

goingrey

Hi man,

Thanks for the challenging answer but I'm especially puzzled by the reference to pesticide, what makes you say that ? Mold also is surpising as my subpar indoor environment if anything is usually on the dryer side. Now as I said, I know I've cut her way too early and she's probably underdevelopped compared to what she supposed to look like (7 weeks of real flowering vs the 14 she needs). On the whole I'd love it if you could be more specific about every 'wrong' things that you're spotting. Also she smells very good, no foul/disgusting/rotting smell at all. I'm looking forward to reading your input.
Senescence would be brownish yellow "autumn colors" in very late flowering. Such pale leaves as on the first photo at what looks like mid-flower mean the plant is dying prematurely due to environmental issues. Or already dead, it's hard to pinpoint exactly but she just looks like she has given up the ghost.

What on the other hand is living is the grey and brown fuzz on the second photo, botrytis. Even in a dry environment sick plants will have trouble fighting it, especially so if dead plant matter is not removed.

I'm glad you have taken the feedback gracefully, I was on the fence about posting it but ultimately did because I genuinely believe you can do so much better, and of course we don't want anyone smoking mold.

Lebanizer

Senescence would be brownish yellow "autumn colors" in very late flowering. Such pale leaves as on the first photo at what looks like mid-flower mean the plant is dying prematurely due to environmental issues. Or already dead, it's hard to pinpoint exactly but she just looks like she has given up the ghost.
OK so you mean the very light/white leaf color. Yeah I knew she had deficiency and I wondered about feeding her again but then I had the confirmation that I had to be away for an extended period of time so I wasn't going to be able to take care of her til completion so I figured what the heck, I'll let go with whatever left she still has and I'll be done with it. Mind you I had that problem earlier on which was remedied by a liquid feed. Her overall lime/lighter colored foliage was also tricky to deal with for me, as I was used to a darker color and I was never sure if that was her healthy color or the first signs of deficiency and was worried about burning her.
What on the other hand is living is the grey and brown fuzz on the second photo, botrytis. Even in a dry environment sick plants will have trouble fighting it, especially so if dead plant matter is not removed.
Gross🤮🤮🤮

But it makes sense that an underfed plant would be prone to sickness.

I'm glad you have taken the feedback gracefully, I was on the fence about posting it but ultimately did because I genuinely believe you can do so much better, and of course we don't want anyone smoking mold.
Oh don't worry I'm quite aware I'm not the best indoor grower, I don't hold any illusion of grandeur about my skills so I welcome feedback wholeheartedly. I used to be more serious about indoor growing when I started but I completely gave it up when I switched to outdoor/on balconey. Since I'm getting more and more into tropical plants (and they just can't finish at my lattitude) I think I can't escape the fact that I'll need to come up with a more serious indoor setup. And thanks for caring about my lungs, highly appreciated ;).

Keif Cake

Veteran
@Lebanizer

What are you using for feed indoors?

This bat guano makes up the largest portion of my feeding program these days. I mix it in at time of planting, plus top dress with, and I do have some bio bizz fish and bloom i use as well to try and help keep it green longer.
Screenshot_20230508_080801_eBay.jpg
20230508_081725.jpg

Epsom salt and lime are my other essentials, especially lime if you are using a heavy peat base mix.
20230508_081611.jpg

I'm on the 3rd year of my soil mix, so i have these other things for deficiencies. Id recommend getting micro nutrients if you reuse the same mix. You'll be chasing things all over the place trying to determine the issue, and it could be as simple as micros
20230508_081659.jpg

20230508_081647.jpg

Lebanizer

@Keif Cake

I just use a liquid Universal feed from Compo Sana (NPK 6.6.6). But I will take notice of your recommendations for my future tropical grows (lots of those coming up because of my seeds collection). Thanks a lot :) !

EnjoyingLife

It's a Koolatron thermoelectric wine cooler, it can't be a mini compressor fridge, they will dry it out too quickly, and the thermoelectric ones can be set to a higher temperature. I have it set to 60F. I paid $200 for a brand new one, several months ago when i got the first one i had to pay about $300

View attachment 18839200

The heat sink you see are the fins on a thermoelectric dehumidifier, from this mini dehumidifier that is taken apart. There is a reservoir sensor that has to be taped down after removing it from the shell.

View attachment 18839199

It is plugged in to this Inkbird humidity controller. Depending on how full the box is, determines my starting point, with it being packed slap full for the honduras i started at 80% rh on in the inkbird, i usually set it at 75 or 76. If i dont see any frost building up on the heat sink i lower the the humidity down a few percent, when it builds up too much frost to pull out anymore moisture i know i need to go back up some with it.
Over the period of a week i usually have it down to about 70%, and it gets down to 60% rather quick after that.

View attachment 18839198

If im backed up, sometimes i jar up about 10 days, but leaving it at least 2 weeks is ideal pulling it out after several days at 60%. Still need to do some burping afterwards, but many strains are good to puff on after about they come out. Since i have a second box i sshouldn't get backed up as often, but I'm sure a 3rd one may be in order around the end of the year.
You can fit about a lb in there depending on the buds.

So for $300, what i paid this past time for all brand new items, i have the best thing you can dry your bud in, that isnt a $1,500 Cannatrol.

I saw this idea on rollitup, and they saw it on some other forum. Especially if you live in a high humidity area like i do, it can take a very long time for buds to dry well. I saw that the cannatrol, and people who built one used a sponge dipped in water, i assume that is good for people who live in Colorado or somewhere that the rh is low enough it dessicates everything on its own.

Edit: i also saw where other people cutout a slot on the back of the cooler to mount the mini dehumidifier and have another shelf of space
The terp preservation is astounding
A third of the price is great for sure. I live in SoCal so low humidity most of the year though this year is a bit odd with cool weather lasting longer and quite a bit more rain than normal.

I really need to find a way to dry my flowers better and terp preservation is key also!

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Now I was able to add Honduras and New Caledonia to my collection. The latter gave me the drooly high, but the Honduras offers an exceptionally warm non-trippy sativa high. Not as sharp and energetizing as the Kali Mist, instead much more welcoming and warm. Honduras really has a rare effect, it is a relaxed sativa high. Totally different than haze hybrids.

I really like it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback @psyke :) Glad you enjoyed with the Honduran sativa!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Plant was massive!
View attachment 18836715 View attachment 18836720

Ready to try these flowers, I think it's going to be much better smoke than the previous harvest. She is resinous and extra fragrant.
View attachment 18836716
View attachment 18836717 View attachment 18836718 View attachment 18836719
Made a nice big pile of weed! That's on a TV tray that you would eat off, with a plastic lid thats slightly larger than the table.
View attachment 18836721 View attachment 18836722

Box got stuffed! I haven't had to squeeze this much into a box yet, usually im putting 2 or 3 different plants in here, at a few ounces each. A good harvest indeed.

View attachment 18836723 View attachment 18836724

Congrats on the harvest of your second Honduran 🥳 what a harvest, Honduras is a prolific sativa hehehe This one looks really promising, hope you took clones! She is very resinous and sounds terpy as well by your description, and more refined in terpenes than average P1 green phenos we have to go through when selecting the best ones to produce this P2 release you are all still growing.

Love the way you grow your indoor pure sativa flowers @Keif Cake :smoke: well done!

PD: Happy to hear you have been impressed with your initial smoke test with the Golden Tiger x Panama ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A quick update on my Honduras. Today is day 100 from switch. After harvesting my last Indica strains I switched her to 11/13 a few weeks ago. Pistils are starting to turn, but still a lot of white ones.

She's putting out spikey foxtails. I tried to capture it in the photo, but... I'm hoping she finishes in a couple of weeks.....

View attachment 18831853

looking back at your pictures, yours was a really wild expression.
How did she finished ? Looks quite ripe in this April's pic :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Honduras day 21

Green honduras haze!! Wow man where can i get ahold of some of those? Yeah back in the days pretty subjective on these threads. What i wouldnt have given to experience the golden age of cannabis in the 70's. That stuff definitely would have been more up my alley
Sorry for chime in a bit late on this @RobFromTX ... i think i commented about it in other thread if memory serves me well. So the seedlings can grow upright, with a robust vigorous growth from the start, it's important to provide enough light intensity and constant air flow, just to produce a gentle move on them, so they produce strong stems that later will be able to support properly the plant. Pure sativas of lanky growth are usually a bit more demanding in this regard.

Yeah :) The green Honduras Haze was a lovely pure Central American sativa limited edition, especially dedicated to lovers of the most pristine clear, energetic effects, unfortunately is currently sold out and discontinued.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's nice to see others growing the Honduras from Ace. This is one of my all time favorites. I haven't grown them in a couple of years, so I soaked 10 in water overnight and put them in soil yesterday morning. Several coming up.

These are P3 for me, not sure what they were when I got them from Dubi but they're the green Mexican pheno.
Perfect smoke with morning coffee. Mental caffeine, very clear and introspective. Great for planning and scheduling the day, getting chores done. She has legs-around 5 hours before returning to baseline. No sedation on comedown. No ceiling and second and third joint as potent as the first. It cuts through tolerance nicely. I remember the high as coming on so subtly, then taking off soaring.

What's there not to like about it;)
View attachment 18835351

Peace
SL

It makes me immensely happy to see you posting again on ICMag and in this room friend 🥰 I miss you @SolarLogos and i'm sure others too!

Love also the accurate description you wrote about the Honduras line you are so well familiarized with, both in pure form and hybrids. Means a lot to me she has become one of your favorite sativa lines to work with! All the best for this outdoor season! :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ok, looks like pic uploads are working again!

As a reminder this is my Honduras on day 113 (last Sat.) from flip. Took a good long up close look at some of the buds today. A lot more pistils turning a reddish brown but still a lot of new growth too. This Sat will be the end of week 17.

You may recall that I had a ph issue midway through. I'm thinking it stalled for a couple weeks and once the ph was corrected took off. Not sure this has anything to do with how long its taking, but... Again, I'm at 10/14 lighting, 40/30 rh day/night. View attachment 18837637 View attachment 18837638 View attachment 18837639

Correct @mr.pistil the flowering process was slowed down by the wrong ph, and once the ph and feeding were fixed to correct ranges the flowers bounced back vigorously, producing new reflowerings that are yet to finish. How is your Honduran doing lately ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I took her down eventually because I won't be able to take care of her for the next weeks. I would have wanted her to be into full senescence. She seems quite ripe however, eventhough I was nowhere near the 14 weeks of flowering as indicated on the strain sheet, but then I did use a 10/14 light schedule, so maybe that sped things up somewhat, what do you think ? A lot of leaves were pale green, white or yellow and some seeds have popped already. Some chunky calyxes looked like they started to degrade, probably to release the seeds. I was at 11 weeks since the flip and 7 weeks since sexing occured, it doesn't sound near enough but we'll see. Much of the hair has turned brown though.

When alive she was all lemoney grilled meat 🤤. Since I cut her, when I stick my nose on her, all I'm getting is a lovely flowery aroma. But then she's sort of diffusing faint whiffs of musty grilled meat in a continuous and subdued manner that is kind of enchanting. It's a bit like in those old Tex Avery cartoons when you see a smell that has hands and it drags a character by his nose to follow it, the character is kind of floating in the air following the smell.It's kind of like that. I love it. Definitely a cannabis smell but no funk :cool:. I really wonder how all of that is going to translate in the vapor.

A bit of a bitch to trim as she's very leafy but oncedone she looks nice. By the way I can still feel the weight of the top flower clusters when I hold her from the bottom of the stem. I feel like a gourmet who knows he's in for a forthcoming feast !

These are her:

View media item 18710016
View media item 18710015
View media item 18710014
A two euros coin for reference next to it.
View media item 18710013

:) congrats on your Honduran harvest @Lebanizer !

When producing seeds, if seeds are already well ripen, the bracts containing the seeds will start to fade until die, this can bring necrosis and then budrot, so inspect your seeds frequently during ripening and harvest them once they are done. Excessive seed ripening is usually not good, some genetics can easily germinate the seeds inside the buds under wet conditions during flowering.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Congrats on the harvest of your second Honduran 🥳 what a harvest, Honduras is a prolific sativa hehehe This one looks really promising, hope you took clones! She is very resinous and sounds terpy as well by your description, and more refined in terpenes than average P1 green phenos we have to go through when selecting the best ones to produce this P2 release you are all still growing.

Love the way you grow your indoor pure sativa flowers @Keif Cake :smoke: well done!

PD: Happy to hear you have been impressed with your initial smoke test with the Golden Tiger x Panama ;)
Very much impressed by GT Panama, it and the cross i made with HBXTK x Honduras is the only thing ive been smoking on for the last couple of weeks.

I opened the dry box last night, kind of confused by the smell and had to remember what was recently harvested, the fuel smell that i got in from the HonPan is what i was picking up last night in straight Honduras, interested to see how it develops further in the cure.

As always, i appreciate the comments and encouraging words.

RobFromTX

Sorry for chime in a bit late on this @RobFromTX ... i think i commented about it in other thread if memory serves me well. So the seedlings can grow upright, with a robust vigorous growth from the start, it's important to provide enough light intensity and constant air flow, just to produce a gentle move on them, so they produce strong stems that later will be able to support properly the plant. Pure sativas of lanky growth are usually a bit more demanding in this regard.

Yeah :) The green Honduras Haze was a lovely pure Central American sativa limited edition, especially dedicated to lovers of the most pristine clear, energetic effects, unfortunately is currently sold out and discontinued.
Thanks for the advice dubi. I actually had to kill them off because i found out that we have to move at the end of august. They're long flowering and i didn't want to risk not being able to finish them. So im growing out some Zacs instead until the move. I also think the one gallon grow pots threw off their growing abilities, i wont be doing that again. No worries though. Ive already bought more honduras beans and plan to run them later in the year with some of your chang mai thai. Great to hear from you again :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts