What's new

Squiggles garden

bushweed

Veteran
i

Old Mother Sativa

Aussie Bush (its been in the family for a over 90 years
with some unknown mexican thrown in the late 60's early 70's)

90 years?? You mean since the 1920s? You come from a long line of botanists then? Haha

Better watch out - with your climate and some decent soil - that Old Mother Sativa might take over the whole the backyard before xmas. Looking good.

Squiggles

90 years?? You mean since the 1920s? You come from a long line of botanists then? Haha

Better watch out - with your climate and some decent soil - that Old Mother Sativa might take over the whole the backyard before xmas. Looking good.

close mate a long line of stone masons and farmers funny enough they all liked there choof hehe
its a shame about the OMS it was a male and has been relocated to a mates backyard

The garden looks very healthy Sqiggs, good luck for the rest of the season m8. :wave:

it surprises even me mate that they are all getting along in the box
i thought the mazar x's would spit it as they dont like much food
but nada... cant complain

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Good old Bunnings, the growers friend, hydro and soil. You can set up just about any sort of grow with what they have, except for maybe the lights.

Squiggles

Good old Bunnings, the growers friend, hydro and soil. You can set up just about any sort of grow with what they have, except for maybe the lights.

if you are a cfl grower the place is heaven
i have to limit myself when i go, you would be amazed
how much you discover you need once you walk through the door hehe

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
picture.php

can't wait to see these take off! :D

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
if you are a cfl grower the place is heaven
i have to limit myself when i go, you would be amazed
how much you discover you need once you walk through the door hehe

mate you would not believe how closely i can relate to this... espesh when its been someones birthday in my circle and we have just rocked it at a club... i spend all day scattered in bunnings just looking at things i could tweak in to helping my grow... lol ill never forget the day i pulled apart this gardening watering system and starting cutting holes into pots and shit just to see if it would work... I was so gonna buy it all mind you but by the time i got to putting it all together they asked me to leave b4 they called police... fail for them as i was gonna spend big that day all good my local bunnings knows me and basically trips over customers running to come help me with what ever i need great stuff :gday:

Squiggles

good news :D did you chuck them into the soil and water instead of germing in paper towels or cup of water squiggles?

straight into the soil mate and onto the heat matt
its been 4 days since i planted them

i used to use the paper towel method but on the numbers i grow it became a fuck around.

i have found that i get a better germ rate by planting them though

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
straight into the soil mate and onto the heat matt
its been 4 days since i planted them

i used to use the paper towel method but on the numbers i grow it became a fuck around.

i have found that i get a better germ rate by planting them though

ah sweet, yeah so far i've used the towel and cup method, to me the towel one seems to work better, but that's because i always place the towel somewhere warm i reckon, i don't do that with the cup method normally (just leave it in with my plants). i'll have to give the straight into soil method a burl at some point too, trying to germ 10s of seeds when growing out landraces in one paper towel gets a little annoying

Squiggles

everything is comming along nicley outside
and all my seeds have germinated so there
will be a good mix to fill in the gaps

the garden box is filling up(the pot in the middle is an unsexed MBS)

im on to my third flush of mushrooms :)

i love garderning
kind regards
Squiggles

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hehe those mushrooms look like marshmallows! what sort of stuff do you have to do in order to grow them and grow them well mate? i'm guessing it differs a lot from growing cannabis. do they even require any light at all etc?

Squiggles

ahh the mushrooms grow themselves pretty much Darwin
they dont need any light
all i do is mist water every couple of days
ive got them on a heat matt which you dont need to do
it speeds up things a bit

i would suggest getting yourself a box mate and having a go
once they are finished fruiting you can use the contents as mulch

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ahh the mushrooms grow themselves pretty much Darwin
they dont need any light
all i do is mist water every couple of days
ive got them on a heat matt which you dont need to do
it speeds up things a bit

i would suggest getting yourself a box mate and having a go
once they are finished fruiting you can use the contents as mulch

ahh too right mate :D sounds like a good idea, it'd be awesome mulch i bet, just gotta make sure there aren't other fungi growing in there when you use it with your grow. cheers for the info mate :D