What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many times do you flush?

Gio88

Hi! Tomorrow I’ll flush my plant (I’m cultiving indoor on soil, 150w lamp, my plant is a hybrid 50 sativa, 50 indica)my doubt is: how many times do you suggest to flush the plant? Because I read about flushing few days before harvest and then I read two theories about harvesting with dried soil or with wet soil , I don’t what’s the best! What do you suggest?thank you

raCURE

Hi! Tomorrow I’ll flush my plant (I’m cultiving indoor on soil, 150w lamp, my plant is a hybrid 50 sativa, 50 indica)my doubt is: how many times do you suggest to flush the plant? Because I read about flushing few days before harvest and then I read two theories about harvesting with dried soil or with wet soil , I don’t what’s the best! What do you suggest?thank you

Since your medium is soil I would recommend around two weeks of flushing before harvesting :canabis:

Good luck with your herbs!

raCURE

Just one time or one 2 weeks before and the other before the harvest?

When you believe you’re 2 weeks away from harvest, start to feed only water every time you would normally feed.

This is to clean/remove any nutrients in the soil and force the plant to use any remaining nutrients in the plant. The result is a much cleaner and desirable end product.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Depends on what I ate the day before....

:D

Seriously though... I flush for about ten days before harvest. Three watering cycles of pH adjusted water a day. The first day I double it but I'm in coco so it's not so harmful to use that much water.

As for soil moisture level at harvest I suggest bone dry for multiple reasons.

Good luck and happy growing!

:tiphat:

T

TakenByTheSky

I hate the term "flush" flushing is used to fix problems. Its more nutrient "leaching" that you're trying to do.

Gio88

Depends on what I ate the day before....

:D

Seriously though... I flush for about ten days before harvest. Three watering cycles of pH adjusted water a day. The first day I double it but I'm in coco so it's not so harmful to use that much water.

As for soil moisture level at harvest I suggest bone dry for multiple reasons.

Good luck and happy growing!

:tiphat:
Thank you! I’ll harvest when the soil is dried!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
The ad hoc time for last, pre-harvest flushing can vary from one strain to another, and the plant will actually tell you when it's time. Pay attention to the volume of water the plant drinks in a 24h time, when there's a change and same volum goes in 2 or 3 days, then it's time.

Flora Kleen is great tool for flushing and medium cleaning,

Heavy flushing, like really saturating the whole rootball should be avoided, as the plant might not like it especially if done after its after requirement are lowered. It's much better to feed plain water for the last two weeks.

Irie! :wave:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
When you believe you’re 2 weeks away from harvest, start to feed only water every time you would normally feed.

This is to clean/remove any nutrients in the soil and force the plant to use any remaining nutrients in the plant. The result is a much cleaner and desirable end product.

Filtered, or reverse osmosis water too!

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
one week if you can wash the pots of soil completely in shower like for an half hour. two weeks if they drink a lot of when watering them. three weeks if you want to be sure and do not care about g/w but quality.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I simply gave the last 2 weeks plain water. Always stunned my plants when i flushed with too much water.
With notill i normaly whait till the plant turns light in colour on its own.

raCURE

Then i have to pour water on the leaves to flush them too or just stop spraying on them?

You shouldn’t be watering your leaves, especially if you’re close to harvest.

Feed your soil PH’d (if required) tap water for the final two weeks to flush nutrients from the soil and force the plant to use any remaining nutrients within the plant.

Flushing/leaching (pedantic) is to help improve the overall smell, taste and smoke of your end product.

Gio88

You shouldn’t be watering your leaves, especially if you’re close to harvest.

Feed your soil PH’d (if required) tap water for the final two weeks to flush nutrients from the soil and force the plant to use any remaining nutrients within the plant.

Flushing/leaching (pedantic) is to help improve the overall smell, taste and smoke of your end product.

Thank you!!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sprayed a lot of fertilizers on the leaves.... i should Clean them with water too right?

Yes! If in container, take it to the shower to rinse off....We do that during indoor grows just to rinse off dust, etc. Or pour water over plant.

Hate the taste of chemical residue on buds....yuck! Just use water only for last waterings.

Way to grow, Gio! Got a pic?

Latest posts

Latest posts