What's new

How many times do you flush?

Gio88

Gio, do you have a magnifying glass or a jeweler's loupe? Check the trichomes. It looks good from the pics, but not quite ready (my opinion), maybe 2+ more weeks? Your plant will still mature with no nutrients being fed.

Let the pistils (hairs) become red/orange. They are just starting now.

Don't be paranoid....just be patient. You got this!!!

Yes! They aren’t ready i was worried because they seemed more dry expecially where i broke the branch! I’m worried they can ruin the buds! So they doesn’t look unhealty right?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I generally alterbate bio buzz stimulants (fish mix , bio bloom , bio max) Both as foliar spray and as roots nutriments , I actually haven’t had problems with mold or flavor! Biobizz anyway suggest to use The products as spray.

OK, that's interesting, I usually stop when resin starts to build up. Can't really afford to spray buds too deep into the flowering as I live in a old & rotten house, with some walls eaten by freaking stachybotrys...

They aren’t ready i was worried because they seemed more dry expecially where i broke the branch!

That is normal, if too many of the vessels carrying water & nutes have been broken then the branch is going to die off and dry more or less quickly.
Don't pay attention to this branch when it comes to verify the maturity, check the trichomes on healthy branches, and make sure you check on several sites, both in the upper half and lower half of the plant.

Irie!

welldone

I would say another week or two as the swollen calyx looks like its getting close but the photos are a little fuzzy imho :)

EvergreenState

Answering the thread question of, How Many Times Do You Flush, that would be with every feeding for me.
I feed everyday. I use Grodan rockwool small growing chunks for my medium. Rockwool does not hold onto salts like other grow media. I have at least a 20% run off everytime I feed/water and the rockwool releases any leftover salts. Releases is the key word. Other media hold onto the salts and you have to do a tremendous amount of plain water flushing in order to FLOOD out the salts.
I saw a video by Urban Grower where he used a tremendous amount of water trying to flush out his pots during and after the grow. He wanted to reuse his potting mix so he wanted it clean for the next grow. After all of that flushing he tested his runoff and it was still 1600ppm. I have no idea how many more gallons of water he had to use in order to get his media clean. The point is he flushed the media during the grow in order to get CLEAN burning and tasting smoke. I don't know how CLEAN it could have been if he got a 1600ppm reading and that reading was taken after he had done a big flush AFTER the grow. The flush he did during the grow must have done next to nothing if he had a 1600ppm after he had a done a huge flush after the grow.
I'm sure other growers have had better success flushing than the Urban Grower had (He was using 50 gallon/189 liters trash cans for his grow containers) but the point is that most grow media wants to hold onto salts and not release them. I'm betting the Urban Grower needed a couple hundred gallons of water for each pot in order to flush out those big pots. What a waste of water and think of all of that salty water running down the driveway and into road drains. Probably not the best for the environment.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking the Urban Grower. I've loved his videos over the years, he grows monster plants and seems like a good guy who sincerely loves cannabis. But when I saw him use all of that water trying to flush out those pots and he still got a 1600ppm runoff; it seemed like such a waste and a hell of a lot of work.
I currently have 2 plants in 1 gallon pots filled with the rockwool chunks. I feed each plant 64 ozs.-1/2 gallon( 1892 mls.) of nutrient solution and I have about 15 ozs./444mls. of runoff in each catch tray.
It's not the traditional flush of pouring many gallons of water into your pot in order to try and flush it out. That's not necessary using the Grodan grow chunks.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Other media hold onto the salts and you have to do a tremendous amount of plain water flushing in order to FLOOD out the salts.

That's why I use, and recommend, Flora Kleen for such use. It takes only the same volume as usual feeding, plus 50% more at the very most. What comes out of the pot is usually way above EC 3 an after that the potting soil is nearly devoid of nutrients.

Irie!

Gio88

OK, that's interesting, I usually stop when resin starts to build up. Can't really afford to spray buds too deep into the flowering as I live in a old & rotten house, with some walls eaten by freaking stachybotrys...

That is normal, if too many of the vessels carrying water & nutes have been broken then the branch is going to die off and dry more or less quickly.
Don't pay attention to this branch when it comes to verify the maturity, check the trichomes on healthy branches, and make sure you check on several sites, both in the upper half and lower half of the plant.

Irie!
Thank you ! I was worried it world ruin my harvest! I’m already checking trichomes , i doubt i will wait to see to many Amber trichomes because i prefer a more euphoric effect instead of a narcotic one!

Attachments

• 406F6ECF-5DAB-4BE9-A8FC-0F6750190AC8.jpg
    406F6ECF-5DAB-4BE9-A8FC-0F6750190AC8.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24

Gio88

question: i'm on drying phase , i put my branches upside dows in the dark , but due to space problems i had to put few others and some flowers (who accidentally i cut from the branches) on a jornals page (horizontally) in the dark....they can dry correctly right? when i touched them i noticed that some flower were sticked to the journal i hope it's not a problem!

V

voidpainter

I wouldnt’t advise newspaper.

a net or a mesh is better, something that “breathes”.

You can also use a shoebox, make some holes in it, put a wire or rope through them and make a net.

Be careful with newspaper or any kind of surface that doesn’t “breathe”.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldnt’t advise newspaper.

a net or a mesh is better, something that “breathes”.

You can also use a shoebox, make some holes in it, put a wire or rope through them and make a net.

Be careful with newspaper or any kind of surface that doesn’t “breathe”.

Cardboard as in shoe boxes, work well. Net idea, excellent. We have drying racks with mesh.

Gio88

Just another question how many times I have to open the jars per day during the curing phase? Thank you

V

voidpainter

Get a small humidity meter, throw it in the jar. Your goal is to stabilize the jar's humidity (when closed) to around 63%. If the rH spikes hard you need to keep them open longer (hours) or if it's too wet for jars (the buds will feel like freshly harvested) you need to take them out and dry for a day or two more.

hard to give right advice for your case as it depends on a lot of factors like room temperature, room humidity, properly dried, dried too fast/too little etc.

Gio88

Get a small humidity meter, throw it in the jar. Your goal is to stabilize the jar's humidity (when closed) to around 63%. If the rH spikes hard you need to keep them open longer (hours) or if it's too wet for jars (the buds will feel like freshly harvested) you need to take them out and dry for a day or two more.

hard to give right advice for your case as it depends on a lot of factors like room temperature, room humidity, properly dried, dried too fast/too little etc.

Thank you!!

Sunshineinabag

what size pot you in? if its a 5, I would dump 5gl of really cold water first day. thats called a "flush"

i would only water(make sure its cold) till 10-15% runoff in the last weeks after, this is called "Leeching"

pluck a fat fan leaf off the day before you chop and lick the stem, if its salty and bitter, you need to leech/flush more.

if it tastes pure and sweet, no after taste, majority of salts are out and you should be in the clear!

happy harvest!

my grandpa used to taste his oil lmaop to see if it needed changing

V

voidpainter

Haha, but yeah, ambient rH and temp. is very important. You can easily let more moisture in the jar if room is over 50-55%

V

voidpainter

Get those rH meters! Aliexpress sells them for less than 3$ and they’re fairly accurate. I tested like 20 and they deviate .2%

Gio88

My jar has now 58% (I’ve already a rh meter) I open the jar to let breath (And check mold) one time per day is it right?

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
My jar has now 58% (I’ve already a rh meter) I open the jar to let breath (And check mold) one time per day is it right?

how many hours did you let it to stabilize with lid on? i suggest to forget it for 12-24 hours in your closet. then check that rh again. if it is over 64 open the lid but if under 58 you have to push it back to 60's. don't go under 55! try to stay at 60-64. 62 is optimal.

Latest posts

Latest posts