in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Greenleaf Megacrop

Thread Title Search
-
Greenleaf Megacrop Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2018, 09:52 PM #21
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Good to have you here GLN! I bought the big sack and plan to switch from V+B one part nutes in a few weeks. I'll post up how it goes. I mixed up one gal of yours to test ph and see how much it takes to get to 1.3ec. one tsp per gal is right on to get there.

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:59 PM #22
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the roughBillFarthing is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxsov180db View Post
This should be used with a higher p&k in bloom. It's just too much nitrogen for flower. That's not to say your crop won't look great, but there's no need for so much N, the plant isn't going to use all of that and in a recirculating system you'll end up with an over abundance of N depending on how often you dump and refill. DTW setups would see better results since you're always feeding a fresh batch of nutes. MG does look like a good value but I'd recommend buying a 5 pound bag of MKP for a p&k boost after a couple weeks of 12/12.
You guys are making a 1-part nutrient way too hard. Too much potassium is going to lock out magnesium with the NPK values given here. Just run 100 ppm Nitrogen dosage in veg. Run 125 ppm in flower. Don't go over 150 ppm N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugmjfarmer View Post
Strange, I found myself reaching for a bottle of CalMag with 0 PPM water. Or adding back CaCO3 using Olympus Up till pH was 5.8-6.2. I've been trying these nutes for a few weeks, and my jury is not convinced. I believe the previous 25lbs of powder I bought might work a tad better and it balances my tap water for a total Ca of 150ppm without adding CalMag.

Ah.. Well, I've been adding Urb Natural which has a high-power 12% Humic from Humalite. These two do not mix? The owner of greenleaf didn't seem to want to talk me out of using fulvic/humic but said it was doubling up on chelation which greenleaf already had. I've had such good results with Urb I do not want to stop using it at all. Urb/GrowMore Kelp 5:2 = Best looking plants I've had.
I haven't had any issues with RO water, but you can always add back 50 ppm or so with Cal-Mag. Humic and chitosan are incompatible and will probably cause precipitation.
BillFarthing is online now Quote

Old 03-17-2018, 11:31 PM #23
Greenleafnutes

Greenleafnutes will become famous soon enoughGreenleafnutes will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFarthing View Post
You guys are making a 1-part nutrient way too hard. Too much potassium is going to lock out magnesium with the NPK values given here. Just run 100 ppm Nitrogen dosage in veg. Run 125 ppm in flower. Don't go over 150 ppm N.

I haven't had any issues with RO water, but you can always add back 50 ppm or so with Cal-Mag. Humic and chitosan are incompatible and will probably cause precipitation.
If anyone wants to run a pure elemental PPM test scenario, you can use the Feeding Calculator here, on the send tab option there is a PPM option
https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-chart/

Keep in mind, this is elemental PPM, not metered PPM, so approx 3.8 grams per Gallon would give 100ppm Nitrogen combined (not including small amount of nitrogen contribution from the included organics)
Greenleafnutes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 PM #24
Pro Headies

Pro Headies has disabled reputation
I have the sample pack of MC to try for a little over a month now. I used it on just 1 plant that I've ran for 11 years. I'm only in veg still with it but I can tell it's healthier then vegbloom and maxigrow in veg stage. Only feeding at 1.0ec/500ppm now but will probably hit 1.5ec going into bloom. Thicker base stem, more branches, and all around nicer color and shine to leafs. Once I get her into bloom and the MC proves itself over the dirty formula vegbloom I've ran for years then goodbye high priced vegbloom.
Pro Headies is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:09 AM #25
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleafnutes View Post
...so approx 3.8 grams per Gallon would give 100ppm Nitrogen combined
What EC does 3.8 grams produce?
different is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM #26
Greenleafnutes

Greenleafnutes will become famous soon enoughGreenleafnutes will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
What EC does 3.8 grams produce?
We do not have an official exact EC calculator setup yet. The elemental PPM and also the organics and other additives will all contribute to the total EC of the solution.

Estimates is something like 5 grams per gallon will give 1.4 EC, so that would be each 1 gram contributes 0.28 EC per Gallon as a ballpark.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:53 PM #27
Pro Headies

Pro Headies has disabled reputation
Ordered the 22lb bag yesterday. Saves me $480 a year compared to V+B and so far works better.
Pro Headies is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:00 AM #28
SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken will become famous soon enoughSnakePlissken will become famous soon enough
Right-on. Ordered a sack of MC today.
Kudos to Greenleaf.
SnakePlissken is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 PM #29
Greenleafnutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleafnutes View Post
Also, maybe some people have heard about MEGA CROP, are on the fence about buying it or trying it? We are offering a special promotion now on another site for FREE MEGA CROP, you can order 1000g size free from the website with code:
AFN

link to order https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/mega-crop/

just wanted to update anyone, we are doing a 4-20 special and extending out this 1000g free offer to anyone. So it had expired a few days ago, but we are keeping it alive until 4-20 in case anyone wants to try it and wasn't able to or got an expired messages in the past few days!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:04 AM #30
PetFlora

PetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFarthing View Post
I've been on a quest to find a powdered soluble fertilizer with biostimulants included. I have used several including Veg+Bloom and One Way To Grow. I am finishing up a run with Greenleaf Megacrop, which turned out very well.

Yes, they are the guys that used to sell Advanced copycat nutes for cheaper. Don't let that fool you, this stuff is good. It has aminos, silica, B-vitamins, chitosan, kelp, enzymes and an NPK that is suitable from start to finish.

The drawbacks I can think of are not using humics, which don't play well with chitosan/silica in this fertilizer. It is also hard to balance the proper ppm of N in flower. They put up a calculator on their website to help with that.

I personally tried it and will be using it as my base fertilizer. Has anyone else tried this stuff?
(Corrected): Humic is no bueno in hydro. You would want fulvic

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote