What's new

Throback video games thread

A

alpinestar

duckhunt was and still is, the greatest game to ever be conceived.

slappyjack

I play a game of M.U.L.E. every so often on the old Commodore 64 (or an emulator). IMO, still one of the best computer games ever written.

MULE_box.jpg

slappyjack

joust,dig-dug,temptest,deffender,q-bert,pitfall...space invaders....pong..

good times man,good times.

I once bought a Tempest upright for $20. After about 2 weeks of non-stop play I got REALLY good at it. Playing the fast levels with the pulsars is kind of like being on meth and crack. IMO Tempest produced more adrenaline than bungee jumping. :)

It was too difficult to keep running though (color vector monitors are very delicate), and this was before the Internet hit big so maintenance tips weren't available. Eventually someone stole it out of my garage.

RandyMarsh

If any of you know where to get a n64 emulator so i can play zelda I will love you up with much K+

Hope you have a decent controller. That game is cryptic without one. Well, really any game designed around the 64's funky controller is pretty brutal to play on a keyboard.

I busted out my old SNES a couple weeks back when the 360 started to bore me. I had a collection of like 20-30 carts sitting around, cant let them just collect dust. Been playing lots of Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (fucking HARD. only been past the hover bike section a few times), Zelda, Mario World, 2020 Baseball, Earthbound, Bomberman and so on.

T

TheMintMan

Ninja Gaiden...best...game...ever.

Just started to refresh my nes rom collection...now all I need is a usb controller and I'm good to go! :smoke:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The original Tapper was a blast makin' that little beer tender run
around serving up brews and then having to pick up the empties.......

kinger

Veteran
Skate or die, battletoads and double dragons,altred beast, ninja turtles, I love all the old stuff. I grew up with it all thats all I did.

H

Hazeseeker

just remembered a few others i used to have for the Amstrad CPC 464:

Paperboy
Ghosts n Goblins
Fruit Machine

with the Amstrad CPC 464 i remember the first 1 i got had a green screen (pretty dodgy playing snooker on a green screen) then upgraded to colour a year or so later, felt so good getting a colour screen:D

peace

Mr. Burgundy

Thanks for all the great titles...Defender and the SMART BOMB..that was freakin awesome.

How come no one is mentioning the INTELLIVISION or Colecovision games??
The NES had a baseball game that would even let you play in space! Taken one out of the park had new meaning-too bad I do not have an updated version for the XBOX/PS3 that was freakin hours of fun. It even had a season mode where you could carry up to 6 teams, a schedule, etc.

I had a Mac SE/HD 30 while in school waaaaaay back when, and DUNGEONS OR MOIRA was the crack of the time, besides the earliest versions of SIM CITY also...

My friends would come visit, and while I was falling asleep I could hear..click....click.....click click.....all.....damn.....night.

the horror, the horror...

dude what happened to double dragon?
i would have thought for sure someone would have updated the game for the XBox or OS3 or WI even.... whats up with that?

metal gear was cool....
rygar.... kid icarus.... top gun....

actually the orig. double dragon arcade game is available for the xbox.

HindukushMaster

starfox snes was that shit too, nba jam i can never forget. changin rodmans haircolor with the L+R buttons was the "kewl" thing to do LOOOOOL. Im scratchin my head now to think of other games but what about clay fighter for snes or donkey kong the 3d lookin one. you guys all know whats really good from back in the day gaming! sonic and knuckles adapter cartrige FTW