What's new

Throback video games thread

greenhead

Veteran
A lot of games were better before, when video games were still in their infancy. I remember standing on line with a quarter in my hand, waiting for 30 minutes to 1 hour just to play a game of Pacman when it first came out. My local store only had 1 machine, and that machine was packed every minute of every damn day. Everything was fresh and new back then. Also, nothing beats the feel and vibe of playing on a real arcade machine, no home units or computers even come close.

Nowadays, it's all about fancy graphics and cheap gimmicks, nevermind that many of those newer games actually suck. Give me fucking 8 bit Atari graphics and good gameplay instead. I do like a few newer games, but they don't excite me as much as they did back in the day.
:joint::wave:

THC123

Veteran
yeah exactly , lots of these 3d games just suck , slooowwwwww and wobbly , even on todays consoles.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
anyone remember..
virtual-boy.jpg

VIRTUAL BOY
mario-tennis-virtual-boy_219150510_std.jpg

lmao i only played this console a couple times but it was the biggest piece of crap EVER!!! lol graphics were far from 3D and tha shit would give you the worst headache

bong_chat

How many of you remember this?

UP..UP..DOWN..DOWN..LEFT..RIGHT..LEFT..RIGHT..B..A..START?

So many old games. Double Dribble, Zero Tolerance, Earthworm Jim.

Toe Jam and Earl...wow. I loved that game, not because of the gameplay though. A group of friends and I dropped a bunch of acid that night and played it ALL night. And by the end of the night, the name of the game changed from Toe Jam and Earl to Pearl Jam and Otis. To this day I have no idea why.

Latest posts

Latest posts