What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Kaze - test grow for Mr Nice Seeds

amoril

MK4 - 85 days - Chopped

first pic is of the bud, untrimmed.

DSC01288.jpg

then, a few random bud shots. looks pretty good, IMO :joint:

DSC01290.jpg
DSC01291.jpg
DSC01292.jpg

amoril

part deux

MK10 - 78 days. Its a poor picture, but the calyxes are swelling dramatically :joint:

DSC01298.jpg

MK7 - 85 days. Shes awesome.

DSC01299.jpg
user743 pic4783 1250710408

amoril

:2cents:
Very nice am, i'd punch my computer screen if i thought some of your buds would pop out of it :D

LMAO. I apparantly didnt catch that one until just now...and I pushed a little Dr Pepper out my nostril as a result.

ya might hurt your hand, but who am I to stop you? One has to learn from their own mistakes .....lmao..

------------

short update for this afternoon....the pics are kinda mixed, but Ive labeled them based on what I think is accurate. Its not too important, only MK7 and MK10. They're at 90 and 83 days in these pics, respectively. Both are being fed water and molasses only.

MK7

DSC01309.jpg
DSC01310.jpg

the pics arent the best, but if you look carefully, youll notice that the trichs are providing a dense blanket for the calyxes :joint:

MK10

DSC01304.jpg
DSC01308.jpg

again, sorry about the poor pics, but IMO, these two ladies are worth being photographen, even if poorly :kos:

ricard0

If those are the "poor" pics, i'd like to see the rich ones. MK10 looks like she's VERY close.

-----

Question: (i've been meaning to ask/or maybe i already did while baked) Are you running the UVBulbs this go 'round? If so, what schedule are they on? I just don't recall seeing them in any of your pics.

amoril

If those are "poor" pics, i'd like to see the rich ones. MK10 looks like she's VERY close.

-----

Question: (i've been meaning to ask/or maybe i already did while baked) Are you running the UVBulbs this run? If so, what schedule are they on? I just don't recall seeing them in any of your pics.

first, yes...MK10 is getting pretty close indeed. Its gonna be fun in a few more days, maybe a week.

and secondly....youre an acute chap. No, there is no UV-bulb in the flower cabinet. Due to summer temperatures (even with my exhaust), I had to choose between shielding the CMH or adding cfls...I chose to unshield the CMH.

Having said that, the UV bulbs were used in veg, and id have to go check some notes to see exactly what photoperiod, but I think it was around 5/8/5 off/on/off during the 18 hour photoperiod.

I would think the UV in veg could have similar terpenoid responses, if thats the right alley, so who knows. What this does afford, however, is a run in flower without additional UV (the CMH has some, esp unshielded), to see where Im at. Next run, since temps are nice and in order, shall see additional light in the cabinet...and see what, if any, improvement there is.

ricard0

I chose to unshield the CMH.

Shrewd move my friend... very shrewd indeed. :pumpkin:

I'm seriously thinking of replacing my lensed lights for an open fixture again. Not sure if it's contributing to my strange BW stretch, but my first run (open fixture) yielded nearly twice what my subsequent runs have.

amoril

MK10 - 86 days - Chop part 2.

the lot of it, fairly trimmed and hanging together
DSC01384.JPG

one of the two largest branches
DSC01386.JPG

random
DSC01390.JPG
DSC01397.JPG

amoril

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Great job with these, Amo. :D

thanks pat :D You know as well as I do, these plants did most of the work :joint:

its kinda buggin me, that I cant upload pics to MNS. That server needs to get fixed, so I can update my journal where its suppost to be lmao. i dont think ive been able to put pics up over there for at least a week now

stanky1

Awesome grow, you cant go wrong with Mr. Nice from what ive gathered 15-18 seeds, reasonable price, awesome genetics. Cant wait to hear the smoke report.

amoril

Awesome grow, you cant go wrong with Mr. Nice from what ive gathered 15-18 seeds, reasonable price, awesome genetics. Cant wait to hear the smoke report.

IMO, you definately can't go wrong with MNS. Ive still got half the pack of these Master Kaze, and about 20 beans each of Black Widow and Spice. You can't beat a deal like that :D

the smoke report on MK9 should be coming down soon, actually. The cure is getting pretty nice on her, last time I checked in.

:yeahthats

you got some sick looking foxtails there....

looking forward to dry shots of those sexy thangs

:respect:

thanks ed, the MK10 that is drying right now is REALLY starting to look like a heavy sativa as its drying....very airy, yet tight bud formation. That never made sense to me previously....but now I get it :D

amoril

thanks C Qual...nice of you to find my thread :D

--------

update for the record, without pics. I took a preliminary sample of MK10. Oh my god. Ive never smoked anything like it. Expansive smoke, but with ZERO irritation....and this was after only 3 days dry, no cure!

By comparison, MK9 and MK4, both harvested earlier, both fully dried, MK9 mostly cured and MK4 partially cured....and they still have some minor irritation, moreso in MK4. But MK10 is SMOOTH. And the high is definately special, too....but ill describe that more in detail in the smoke report ;)

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Amo, you can host the pics here, and link em to the MrN site if you want :D

When are you droppin the other beans?? I'm running out my Spice cut now - 4 lil plants ~10 days in 12/12. BW and Af/Hz will be the next beans that I buy for indoors, prolly order nearer the spring.

amoril

Amo, you can host the pics here, and link em to the MrN site if you want :D

When are you droppin the other beans?? I'm running out my Spice cut now - 4 lil plants ~10 days in 12/12. BW and Af/Hz will be the next beans that I buy for indoors, prolly order nearer the spring.

now thats what I call thinkin outside the box ;) I might have to do that here in a minute, cause I wanna keep it fairly up to date....especially at this point lol.

and the other beans...will have to wait, at least for a few. Im going on an indica hunt for a minute after this test grow....three strains down already, and one or two more to pop before I come back to the sativa / hybrids. Widow comes before spice though....the BW I have is a replacement from Shanti, for an older pack which failed to germinate. Spice is in a new pack, so its reasonably fresh....

Youre going afghan haze huh? I was torn between that and mango haze, and although I havent purchased it yet, Ive decided on mango. Like it really matters....Im sure theyre both incredible lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts