What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Kaze - test grow for Mr Nice Seeds

amoril

filling up nicely bro
thanks for the updates keep up the great work

no need to thank me, Im contractually obligated to MNS to perform the test grow.

well, maybe not contractually, but obligated none the less :D

either way, Im glad youre enjoying it.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes i know the feeling and expectations that are expected of a test grower, my wife and i are doing 2 test grows 1 for Karma Genetics and 1 for ojd(connoisseur genetics) and just the thought of failure or disappointing the breeder and the public is always there
Good luck bro, do you know anything about the Angels Breath my wife wants to get a pack for the mango flavor from the bay in the Mr. Nice section sounds good

amoril

i havent grown it or anything, but it appears to be the real connosseur offering in this round of new hybrids....mango haze x afghan haze has got to be delicious.

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes sounds delicious, still 2 days i hope they dont go too high in price

amoril

yes sounds delicious, still 2 days i hope they dont go too high in price

good luck man. Ive had my eye on Angel's breathe, but cant get it at the moment. Hopefully SBoo stocks it soon, so Ill have the option to get it when Im ready.

Either way, best of luck with the auction. Let me know if you win :joint:

great grow, looking forward for update!

hey, thanks for checkin in Asterix. Updates are more fun now, since flowering is halfway over. There will be plenty more to come :D

Amoril, looking good man! Going into the home stretch. Cant wait to see the pictures from here on out. What do you expect yield out of the 4 plants? How long did you veg, 2 months or so i assume?

amoril

Amoril, looking good man! Going into the home stretch. Cant wait to see the pictures from here on out. What do you expect yield out of the 4 plants? How long did you veg, 2 months or so i assume?

Well, i dont really know what to expect on the yield to be honest. AFAIK, only one grower has completed his harvest, and he went straight 12/12 from seed. Since I did veg for about 2 months (good guess by the way :joint:) its not going to give me a great idea...

I dont want to put a number on it, but I dont see why 2oz per plant (1/2 pound total) would be a problem. Granted, thats a little conservative, but its a first run of the genetics, so I dont know what to expect.

If I get 8oz, Id be a happy camper.

amoril

well, another two-part update today....MK4, MK7, and MK9 are done with 6 weeks of flowering now, MK10 is done with 5.

pic 1 - group shot. MK7 and MK10 are on the left, and noticeably taller. Theyve been bent / supercropped multiple times.

pic 2 and 3 - MK9 - Couple close up shots on MK9. She really is littered with trichomes :D

Attachments

• DSC01169.jpg
    DSC01169.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01162.jpg
    DSC01162.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01163.jpg
    DSC01163.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 21

amoril

update 2 for today....this one is dedicated to MK7, because i think Im in love with her.

she smells like freshly ground black pepper, with an earthy/musky undertone, and a touch of something sour....smells delicious! :joint:

pic 1 - MK7 - whole plant shot. Actually, I think one or two branches are fallen in the front left of pic, but close enough....

pic 2 - MK7 - just a single bud shot. My hand is in the bottom of the pic, for a little size comparison.

pic 3 - MK7 - a closeup on a bud. She still has at least a month, and already she's looking stellar :woohoo:

so yeah, if I were picking one today, it would be her. MK10 looks a lot like her, but the smell is more sweet/fruity, and not as unique IMO.

Attachments

• DSC01157.jpg
    DSC01157.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01160.jpg
    DSC01160.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01158.jpg
    DSC01158.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 18

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bro looks great i like the MK7 pic 3 that is going to be killer and that is a great plantshot
i like your smell description i suck a describing smells
cheers bro

ricard0

update 2 for today....this one is dedicated to MK7, because i think Im in love with her.

I'd have a hard time sharing her if she were mine :greedy:

So i take it you like that CMH eh? Looks to be doing a great job so far.

BTW: Please forgive my tardiness

amoril

Hey bro looks great i like the MK7 pic 3 that is going to be killer and that is a great plantshot
i like your smell description i suck a describing smells
cheers bro

man, I wouldnt say im good at describing the smells either....its so hard to pin down what you recognize with the sniffer. I just kinda close my eyes, and see what comes to mind when I whiff and whaff :joint:

BTW, whatever happened on that Angel's Breathe auction...did you win?

I'd have a hard time sharing her if she were mine :greedy:

So i take it you like that CMH eh? Looks to be doing a great job so far.

BTW: Please forgive my tardiness

and a 'ball-tap' for you, sir. :dueling: Hope I didnt flick the wrist too hard for ya....

lmao, im still massively impressed with the CMH. Id definately go 2x400w or 3x400w CMH instead of a larger HPS. There's not even much of an argument, given my goals for the grow....

amoril

pic 1 - MK9 this is a whole plant shot. duh.
DSC01170.jpg

pic 2 - MK9 bud closeup. She is through 7 weeks of flower, and has been flushed for a week now. Trich's are still clear and cloudy, not really any amber at all yet. So, we shall go at least another week, maybe 10 days.
DSC01173.jpg

pic 3 - MK10 plant shot. She is the late arrival, and is only through 6 weeks of flower. She's been bent a few times, and this shot really gives that perspective.
DSC01189.jpg

pic 4 - MK10 she isnt really chunking up at all yet, but she has been filling in nicely. Once they swell, I expect good things...
DSC01190.jpg

amoril

and, since I did it last time....and I can only upload 4 photos per post...an update on MK7.

DSC01181.jpg

Done with 7 weeks of flower, still being fed 5ml FNB + 5ml liquid koolbloom + 10m molasses per gallon. Maybe another 1-2 weeks or so of feed, then the flush should happen IMO...

DSC01183.jpg
DSC01185.jpg

I really like this plant so far. She's a pleasure to grow, in every aspect...

DSC01187.jpg

amoril

Do yourself a favor and let them go four more weeks.

yeah, MK7 and MK10 definately still have a little time to go, im excited to see what it brings me. Thanks for the tip tho Rez, Im a bit surprised to see you pop in, but your advice is definately welcome here :joint:

its also nice to get a little confirmation of what Im seeing in the ladies....I wouldnt expect much other than the haze blood to contribute to a 11-12 week flower time in this cross :D :woohoo:

REZDOG

Veteran
You might see 90 days with those.
That one you think is done,has a long way to go,imo.
Be patient,the biggest Win awaits the patient,when it comes to Haze hybrids.
I can see the Haze lineage in these,clearly you're looking at up to 15 weeks in some-quicker under 1000w lights....
Nice1s,bro!

Cheers!

amoril

You might see 90 days with those.
That one you think is done,has a long way to go,imo.
Be patient,the biggest Win awaits the patient,when it comes to Haze hybrids.
I can see the Haze lineage in these,clearly you're looking at up to 15 weeks in some-quicker under 1000w lights....
Nice1s,bro!

Cheers!

oh wow, i hadn't expected them to be that strongly influenced by the haze. I guess it makes sense though, probably a hazy afghan haze was chosen for the father.....

thanks Rez, for youve made my evening :) While its unfortunate that harvest may be further off still, Im excited that these plants display some haze hybrid qualities, especially to someone who has worked with some haze, such as yourself..... spectacular news :joint:

REZDOG

Veteran
No problem.
Breeders frequently pick the fastest-flowering plant in a hybrid line to claim the "total flowering time" for a line.
You see,people want fast finishing pot plants-nobody is patient enough thesae days,you see.
Hold out and be patient,like I said,you'll be rewarded for your patience.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts