What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Kaze - test grow for Mr Nice Seeds

ricard0

^^Looks like you got a little help on the flower duration amo^^
I'll go ahead and concur to make myself look smart LOL

-----

Coming soon: William's Wonder journal

amoril

No problem.
Breeders frequently pick the fastest-flowering plant in a hybrid line to claim the "total flowering time" for a line.
You see,people want fast finishing pot plants-nobody is patient enough thesae days,you see.
Hold out and be patient,like I said,you'll be rewarded for your patience.

Cheers!

makes complete sense about the breeders listing the ideal time, products must be martetable ;)

fwiw, ive noticed something new on a couple of the longer-flowering ladies today, a nice shimmer from a recent surge in trichome development / maturation :woohoo: So, we still have a ways to go

I really appreciate the advice, its kinda hard to keep them going after a certain point, gotta have some reinforcements :joint:

^^Looks like you got a little help on the flower duration amo^^
I'll go ahead and concur to make myself look smart LOL

-----

Coming soon: William's Wonder journal

lmao, you'll do anything to make yourself look smart. :dueling:

im glad youre finally joining the IC fun...ain't it a blast?

amoril

Ill start with this, the pics are getting more difficult to obtain, or at least in a full-plant form. So, I'll do what I can.

tonight, I was only able to get a couple of decent pictures...

pic 1 - MK9. Counted at 56 days of flower, 63 from the flip. Trichomes are still clear to milky, not much amber at all yet...
DSC01205.jpg

pic 2 - MK7. Also at 56/63 days, she is nothing short of impressive IMO. Buds are getting huge, intense aroma (kinda peppery, but now with a hint of something that makes me think apple cider...not sure what it is though, wasnt able to pinpoint it under the pepper scent)
DSC01199.jpg

pic 3 - MK7. Just a little bit closer....
DSC01209.jpg

Ill try to get pictures of the other two up later this weekend.

ricard0

I can definitely see the Haze coming out in those beauty's. It'll be interesting to see what that haze influence brings to the MKS.

BTW, is the afg. haze the mother or father of the MKaze? Does everyone follow the general denotation of the 'father x mother'? Or am i just baked :smokingTOUGH:

amoril

I can definitely see the Haze coming out in those beauty's. It'll be interesting to see what that haze influence brings to the MKS.

BTW, is the afg. haze the mother or father of the MKaze? Does everyone follow the general denotation of the 'father x mother'? Or am i just baked :smokingTOUGH:

typically, its the polar opposite of what you wrote.....should be mother x father. that plum gettin ya? if its too strong, you can fax some of it to me...ill get the special printer cartridge out :abduct:

either way, Afghan Haze was the father in the cross. I'd guess the A/H male used was a spitting image of the infamous "haze C" used in that cross.

MK9 is going to be a freak-hybrid, but in a good way. The buds are DENSE. every branch / stem is having support issues. I squeeze gently, and its just firm. And, not even that close to done at 8 weeks, so it's got a touch of something longer in its blood :joint:

amoril

and we're back, after a short layover, with pictures of MK4 and MK10. :yoinks:

so, lets get to it, shall we?

--------

MK4 - she's probably the second to finish, but we'll see...not sure whats going to happen with #9 yet LOL. She definately wont outlast 7 or 10, though. She has completed 57 days of budding in these pics

it only halfway shows in the pictures, but these pistils are RED. Not orange, not tan, but a burnt red. Two pics.
DSC01210.jpg
MB4 D49 2

Mob Boss Day 49

and, the fashionably late mistress....

MK10 - She is only complete through 50 days of flower, and my guess is that she shares at least a little phenotypic similarity with MK7...or, at least a long(er) flowering time. We get to stare at a couple of shots of her lady parts:yummy:
DSC01214.jpg :whip:
DSC01216.jpg

amoril

MK4 - 66 days of flowering, has probably another 10-14 days. Being fed water and light dose of molasses only.

DSC01228.jpg

MK7 - 66 days flowering. She still has a ways to go....

DSC01229.jpg
DSC01225.JPG

MK10 - 59 days flowering, she still has a ways to go as well...near, but maybe just less than the time for MK7.

DSC01230.JPG

amoril

and, the one missing from tonight's update....is the chopped MK9.

Chopped at 66 days of flowering, she was in the bloom light cycle for 73 days...a week to initiate the onset of flowering.

DSC01231.JPG
DSC01234.JPG

I had been checking the trichomes daily, there hasn't been more than about 10% amber until today.... 10/40/50 clear/cloudy/amber, or so. Slightly more clear and less amber as you get low on the budsites, something like 25/50/25....should be good too :D

DSC01232.JPG

Really pretty easy to trim, Im happy with it this far :joint:

P

Peat

Very NICE, amoril! :respect:

Looking forward to learning more about this cross.

:lurk:

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice bro and with the mix of trichs it should provide you with some really good smoke keep up the great work cant wait to see some more
peace

amoril

Very NICE, amoril! :respect:

Looking forward to learning more about this cross.

:lurk:

Glad you stopped in Peat. This new cross has been a lot of fun this far, and there's still a ways to go. More variation than a pack of skittles, but in a good way :joint: I have a feeling that at least one of these is something special to smoke

very nice bro and with the mix of trichs it should provide you with some really good smoke keep up the great work cant wait to see some more
peace

yeah, the trichs went quick too. Three days ago, nearly no amber trichs. Yesterday, 48 hours later, nearly 50%. Transpiration has dropped off a lot though, so she was ready in more ways than one :D

I hope it's a full-on uppercut to the face. :chin:

HHHG

Nice grow, amoril :joint:

My Master Kaze is 2 weeks into 12/12 and look exactly like yours at that age. I got 4 fems out of 11 seeds.

Please give a smoke report when ready.

Do you think UVB makes a difference? I tried it on 12/12 but it burned the plants. How many hours do you run your UVB?

amoril

I'd go a couple rounds with her. Even if she does have a mean left uppercut :)

Im gonna be that dad on the porch with a shotgun....if she's home a minute after 10....you wont even remember her uppercut.:asskick:

Nice grow, amoril :joint:

My Master Kaze is 2 weeks into 12/12 and look exactly like yours at that age. I got 4 fems out of 11 seeds.

Please give a smoke report when ready.

Do you think UVB makes a difference? I tried it on 12/12 but it burned the plants. How many hours do you run your UVB?

oh, dont worry...a smoke report on each of these ladies will come in time.

and yes, I do think UVB makes a difference :joint:

I run in full photoperiod in bloom right now, except when Im in the box of course. To do this without problem, I do the rotated light cycle in veg...where they get their first exposure to it.

amoril

MK10 - 63 days. She's going to go for another few weeks, minimum. I don't know, but I still think she'll finish just a touch faster than MK7....

DSC01244.jpg

MK10 - 70 days. This is just a bud shot, again, but a damn good one IMO. The trichs are starting to come out as the calyxes are beginning to swell noticably....and I, for one, love her new look. :joint:

DSC01249.jpg

MK4 - 70 days. She's going to finish before the other two....but honestly, Im surprised she's still this far from being done. Still no amber trichs, and more clear than cloudy.....maybe a week, hopefully two max. I want to free up a little more space

DSC01252.jpg

and this last shot is a closeup from MK10. I chose this pic because it represents, very well IMO, the trichome coverage that is beginning to express itself on both MK7 and MK10. it's a wow factor for me.

DSC01248.jpg

K

Karma Genetics

Got some of these on the go, Just started to flower, Will post some shots when they get some real bud structure.

What kind of smell's do you get ?

amoril

Got some of these on the go, Just started to flower, Will post some shots when they get some real bud structure.

What kind of smell's do you get ?

careful on the flower....some of these GROW lmao. My best guess is that MK7 and MK10 are easily 4x larger than they were when they entered bloom....maybe a little more.

In these containers (2 and 3 gallon respectively), they would easily be over 6ft if I didnt multi-top and bend them repeatedly in flower.

and, since you asked, I took a whiff of each of the remaining three just now, and while Im not the best with these sorts of things, here's what came to mind on each...

MK4 - lemon pledge. Kinda a lemon scented cleaner, if you dont know what it is.

MK7 - peppered cantaloupe. Sounds kinda weird, I know, but the cantaloupe was more distinct than the pepper, if that makes sense.

MK10 - mango. kinda blew my mind a bit, but clear mango....maybe a little over-ripe mango even.

hope that is what you were looking for. :joint:

amoril

ok, i dont have much time tonight, so Im just going to toss up a couple of pics real fast.

these were taken last night, so theyre 76 and 69 days, while today would be 77 and 70.

MK4 - 76 days. Starting to get much more full than I thought. I figured she would be the weak yielder, but it may not be so weak :D

DSC01264.jpg

MK7 - 76 days. not the best picture, I know. shes in the back, so fuggin hard to get out and photo'd properly.

DSC01272.jpg

MK10 - 69 days. There are two pics, to show some of the bud structure on this lady, and also on MK7, since they are very similar in structure.

In the first pic, thats a main cola, with all the buds branching off of it :D

second pic is a closer shot of the same branches in the first pic.

DSC01263.jpg
DSC01262.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts