What's new

800w Coco Closet- Hashberry, Sadhu, Speed Queen

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Hot damn! I start sporting a lil' chub everytime I check in here! I cannot fucking wait to get my hashberry and satori running! As always nice fucking work you trouble maker!

Day 49 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 49 - 12/12 Mandala

Thanks Jamie and Kush. The days are getting longer and longer now that I've gotten within the two week to harvest zone. Arggggg. Nothing is getting any worse and the Hashberry and Sadhu are really starting to fill out. A few of the SQs are also, and I'm glad they haven't gone any further downhill. They look to be on schedule to me, 55-60 days for the SQ and 60-65 days for Hashberry and Sadhu. We'll see what the trichs look like. I haven't looked yet.

Boring stuff then pictures. I need some lights off pics next time.

Day 46 - 7.5ml/gal PBPbs. 500ppm at 6.0 ph

Speed Queen run-off. 430 ppm, and 5.5 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 350 ppm, and 5.6 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 320 ppm, and 5.6 ph.

Day 47 - Nothing. Took a sick day.

Day 48 - 5ml/gal PBPbs. 380ppm at 6.0 ph - But almost 3 times as much water as usual to get a good flush of everything that was just dried out at a lower nute level to maintain some "balance" in the coco.

Speed Queen first run-off. 590 ppm, and 5.3 ph.
Speed Queen end run-off. 390 ppm, and 5.7 ph.

Hashberry first run-off. 530 ppm, and 5.5 ph.
Hashberry end run-off. 370 ppm, and 5.8 ph.

Sadhu first run-off. 510 ppm, and 5.5 ph.
Sadhu end run-off. 410 ppm, and 5.7 ph.

Day 49 - 5ml/gal PBPbs. 380ppm at 6.0 ph - Speed Queen got 3ml/gal PBPbs. 300ppm at 6.1 ph

Speed Queen run-off. 310 ppm, and 5.7 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 320 ppm, and 5.7 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 310 ppm, and 5.7 ph.

Day 49 - 12/12 Left under MH - SQ, Sadhu clone

Day 49 - 12/12 Right under HPS - HB, Sadhu

Day 49 - 12/12 Speed Queen

Day 49 - 12/12 Sadhu

Day 49 - 12/12 Hashberry

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
sheesh!.. mate, I still maintain, if this were my grow, I'd have fingernail scratches up the tent door like pining puppy scratches :smile:

AAAARRRGGGHHH SIX MORE WHOLE DAYS!!!!

:wink:

sheesh!.. mate, I still maintain, if this were my grow, I'd have fingernail scratches up the tent door like pining puppy scratches :smile:

AAAARRRGGGHHH SIX MORE WHOLE DAYS!!!!

:wink:

Well, Jamie, you should practice your patience more because you also will soon be........t..h..i..s......c...l...o...s...e

Thinking out loud inspired by your sobering reminder that 55 days is only 6 days away from 49........

Maybe I was a bit quick to judge when they will be ready. I just read on another thread that Speed Queen can offer a much different buzz at ten weeks than at 8, so who knows. And now that I think about it further, she does NOT look like she'll be ready in 6 days from the naked eye.

Time to get the microscope out. If only I could use it on LIVE plant material I wouldn't have to sacrifice some frosty leaves. Darn. (Some sarcasm meant.) I'm on that this week.

What I should, and probably will do is harvest some of the Speed Queen in the 55-60 day range, and the rest of it later. Perhaps the same with the Sadhu. The Hashberry really only has 6 canopy buds so it will all come down at once, but the others I could play with staggered harvest times some. I should do that, thanks for making me think Jamie.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Stagger harvest eh? LOL, I have told myself each grow, then I always punk out and take it all. You are patient! It takes all my will power to not touch the scope and gawk at trichs! If I was at the point you are at, I would have already counted and named each and every single one on each plant LOL! I can't wait to see how your hashberry turns out! The wait is killing me! Can't imagine how ancy you must be! You have some will power!:joint:

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm practicing patience and keeping my nails short :wink:

I'm sure your harvest will be staggering too, that IS what you meant right? :wink:

j

KUSH, will power and the knowledge that trimming all that at once would not be entirely pleasant. When it comes to this work, a little bit at a time spaced evenly has been my new approach so why stop now.

Jamie, I hate to wish that on you, but yes, I wish the seemingly endless trimming process of leaf after leaf, stem section after stem section, stem after stem, and bud after bud on you when those PPs finish. You'lll be thankful the Cheeseberries aren't done at the exact same time, trust me, lol.

So thanks to Jamie spurring some thought, I will start flushing the Speed Queen tomorrow and plan on taking some in one week at day 59. I chopped a couple leaves today and the tops showed about 10% amber, 20% cloudy, and 70% clear. The underside of the leaves showed 90% clear and 10% cloudy. What that says, is completely beyond me, other than not done yet.

I took lights off pics today but they didn't turn out very nice. I'll put some up if I'm awake long enough.

And the feeding schedule was...

Day 49 - 5ml/gal PBPbs. 380ppm at 6.0 ph - Speed Queen got 3ml/gal PBPbs. 300ppm at 6.1 ph

Speed Queen run-off. 310 ppm, and 5.7 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 320 ppm, and 5.7 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 310 ppm, and 5.7 ph.

Day 50 - 5ml/gal PBPbs. 380ppm at 6.0 ph - Speed Queen got 3ml/gal PBPbs. 300ppm at 6.0 ph

Speed Queen run-off. 330 ppm, and 5.7 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 290 ppm, and 5.8 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 270 ppm, and 5.8 ph.

Day 51 - 5ml/gal PBPbs. 380ppm at 6.0 ph - Speed Queen got 3ml/gal PBPbs. 300ppm at 6.0 ph

Speed Queen run-off. 320 ppm, and 5.7 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 270 ppm, and 5.9 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 280 ppm, and 5.8 ph.

The Speed Queen gets nothing but water at the correct ph the rest of the way, unless I find some molasses and am talked into it after some more research. The Sadhu looks closer than the Hashberry, brown hair wise, so I'm still undecided when the start flushing them.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

So you're just teasing us w/ the pics now huh lol!
As far as molasses goes, and please, just take this w/ a grain of pollen, but I have read and in my experience, (which is admittedly limited), that flushing w/ it is not harmful. In soil anyway, I have never used coco, and if you want to re-use the coco, (I have heard some do) then I may not. In soil, I have used too much and it globs it up and makes it semi-hard kinda. Since, I learned to just mix in about a glob or so, maybe a tablespoon, or 3 per/ gallon, and really shake the shit outta it really good! Again, from what I have read, I don't believe that flushing w/ it should give you any issues, I really don't know what kind of difference it makes. Some swear by it, like anything else, probably depends on the grower mostly. I do know this, it may shoot your ph down a bit, just a heads up. Hell it may not. Hope that was vague enough LOL, sorry. But again, I don't believe it will hurt anything. You should just try it on a volunteer, see if there is any noticeable difference, then next grow, you can incorporate it or not on everyone. Just a thought, someone I know said it was good to have a guinea pig or two! There is also Hi-Brix, by Earth Juice, which I have, and used once. It's supposed to be "special" molasses for plants. Whatever the hell that means? It may just mean that it's in a cool looking container w/ some neato graphics on the label, so far as I know, I am the only dummy that is trying it LOL, but it was free! But I am also using sweet throughout, both are just sugar thingies, but I believe that molasses used during a grow can help w/ little micro beneficial goodies living in soil, but that's a different thing. Anyway, I am sure someone else will come by and set my straight, so good luck, can't wait to see how this show ends!
Congrats on being near the finish line, I am so damn jealous!

Day 51 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 51 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 51 - 12/12 - Most of the "canopy" - minus some Hashberry anda lot of Sadhu.

Right - Sadhu and Hashberry

Left - Speed Queen, Sadhu Clone, and a Hashberry

Day 51 - 12/12 Hashberry

Day 51 - 12/12 Sadhu

Day 51 - 12/12 Speed Queen

And for the record, Day 44 Speed Queen mostly dried and vaped is pretty darn good.

Day 56 - 12/12 Mandala End Week 8

Day 56 - 12/12 Mandala End Week 8

Ohhh, this is testing me greatly. Nothing chopped yet. Next time, no promises.

Thanks for the advice on the molasses KUSH, but I've decided against trying it just yet. Leaves me something else to experiment and play with in the future.

Day 52 Speed Queen has been getting nothing 5.9 ph plain water. Run-off was 120 ppm the first day after more than 2 times the amount of usual water, and is now 80 ppm every day.

Hashberry and Sadhu have gotten about 3.5ml/gal PBPbs at 300 ppm and 5.9 ph since day 52. Day 56 will be their last day getting fed. Day 57 they will be flushed with at least double their regular water and then plain water every other day until harvest. Hoping to keep the humidity down as much as possible because I'm paranoid about bud rot.

I still plan on a staggered harvest for the Speed Queen. Probably some on day 59-60 after a 7 day flush and the rest on day 62-63 afer a ten day flush. Maybe I'll take a couple tomorrow after a 5 day flush too, hehehehehe. Some sections show 33% amber and some show 10% and some 0%, so what am I supposed to do, count them all to figure out the average? Argggg, you never know exactly when to harvest, but you do it anyway.

The Sadhu flowers are plumping up nicely, the Hashberry not so much, although don't take that as a complaint because the Hashberry buds are huge, they just aren't getting that 'puffy' almost done look yet. We'll see how they look after a few days of flushing, but the Sadhu should be ready at day 65. The Hashberry I'm thinking may need to go to 70. Oh yeah, and the oft-forgetten Sadhu clone is looking ready also and I might take it earlier than day 65. Who knows. Here's the pictures.

Day 56 - 12/12 Mandala canopy

Day 56 - 12/12 canopy right Sadhu, Hashberry

Day 56 - 12/12 canopy left Speed Queen, Sadhu clone, Hashberry too

Day 56 - 12/12 Sadhu

Day 56 - 12/12 Sadhu clone

Day 56 - 12/12 Speed Queen

Day 56 - 12/12 Hashberry

If only I had better photo skills and I could do these ladies the justice they deserve. They look soo much more juicy in person. I will turn off that damn yellow light and try to get good pictures this week before harvesting.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

One thing you could try w/ the photos, knock your ISO setting down to -2.0, then turn on the flash, it'll take that yellow/orange light out, and give you some pictures, although, your pics look pretty good to me.

Dödsknark

I love your updates Jed! Always informative and to the point. Not to mention the lovely pictures.

I might have missed it but have you ever tried Ripen? I used it and it seemed to turn my plants faster and more uniformly at the end. I like it.

Looking really great in there! Just the homestretch left.

Hey KUSH, I don't think my camera knows what you are talking about, lol. Fujifilm 4 megapixel cheapo that I couldn't find any settings for ISO or the flash or much of anything else. You guys only see the acceptably yellow photos, but I see hundreds of washed out rejects. So tomorrow, when I am taking a day off from watering, I just may find the time to turn off the HPS light and snap some photos.

Thank you very much Dodsknark. I have not tried Ripen, but it or something similar is definitely something I will try in the future. I'm sure I could have gotten more out of these plants and I can't wait for another run. I think I can keep them healthy and try to push them a little more. I'll look at Ripen again, thanks for the tip.

Didn't chop anything today. Probably not tomorrow either. I'm still looking at less than 25% amber on the Speed Queen leaves I'm snipping off. More like 1 in 7or8 at this point. The bottom of the leaves don't have any amber, but I'm ignoring that. The Sadhu looks about the same % of amber right now as the Speed Queen. Still plenty of white hairs though. And few of the Hashberry hairs have turned dark and she is still plumping up a bit. A few amber trichs around, but she isn't close yet.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm looking at that ripen product too. I hear several good reports about it, and have also been told that you can finish off a crop a few weeks early if youre worried about loosing the whole lot to mites or whatever else.

Jed mate, rather than messing about with your lights, why not do what I do and wait until 1 or 2 minutes before lights on, get in there and take a few snaps..my favourite ones are when the lamp is warming up and I get those golden and red hues.... if you are disturbing your ladies sleep, then it's only a minute or two :wink:

Day 58 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 58 - 12/12 Mandala

I planned on sleeping past lights on time today, lol. And I did. But I got some shots with that HPS light turned off. The Sadhu looks much nicer without it.

Day 58 - 12/12 Two big Sadhu buds that fall out at me when I take the intake tube out.

Day 58 - 12/12 Speed Queen

Day 58 - 12/12 Hashberry

Day 58 - 12/12 Sadhu

Who knows what will happen tomorrow? I may just take one Speed Queen bud that visually looks the most done so I can put it under a scope. Then I'll decide where she is at. Sounds like a plan.

Latest posts

Latest posts