What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800w Coco Closet- Hashberry, Sadhu, Speed Queen

hey Bobblehead, i saw the link in your sig and though i would drop by and check your grow out. looks nice and healthy man, good job at keeping those babies healthy! i wanna thank you for constantly checking up on my thread and giving your thoughts/ideas. i think my babies are gonna be better now ! happy growing!

whitebox

look nice man,

i would trim a bit around hidden bud sites because they look prolific and they might need it, my two cents...:abduct:

keep them happy !!!

Cheers.

.WB.

birdbrain

Nice job bobblehead! Those are some FAT main stems!!
Do you plan on adding an aroma and taste enhancer?

My last grow I had some plants in coco and some in soil. I had a bubba kush in each, and the soil version smelled a lot stronger, but the coco version looked nicer with frostier buds.
In hindsight I would have tried some sweetleaf or something in the coco, but then again I never would have known the noticeable difference.
In my current grow I am trying GH sweetener. Smells like koolaid syrup.

Nice grow, good luck!!

bootlegskate, thanks for stopping in. I hope I helped some and didn't steer you wrong, I know I learned some stuff from your thread also. They looked better and you are getting some wise advice, so you are on your way.

whitebox, thanks for the tips. The most recent canopy shots are below, I should have posted them when I was pondering the question. I do think I'll take your advice and try to thin out the canopy some.

Hey birdbrain, welcome. Your girls look great. Since my last attempt with coco didn't go well I wanted to stick with the basics this time, and I even got a coco specific nute. I thought about getting the Sweet from Botanicare when I got the CNS17 but I didn't. I already had the Pure Blend Pro bloom soil formula that they recommend for ripening so I figured that would be better to finish it off with than the CNS17 and might help with the taste and aroma, assuming they are still healthy and I haven't fried them, which I do not assume yet. I do use Liquid Karma, which I've convinced myself grows more trichomes. I worry all those extras are too much unless I've really figured out what I'm doing first. We'll see.

First a pic of how NOT to grow in coco. I ruined this one during my first try with something other than soil.

picture.php

And here are some Day 19 canopy shots

Day 19 - 12/12 Mostly Speed Queen

picture.php

Day 19 - 12/12 Mostly Hashberry, some Sadhu

picture.php

Day 19 - 12/12 Mostly Sadhu, some Hashberry

picture.php

I've got everything beneath the shelf pretty clean now. And its more than full above it. I do have fans on the canopy 24/7. Lights on, the temps never go over 78 degrees. There is some moisture on the leaves that overlap.

And since I've now learned, thanks to bootlegskate and JamieShoes, all of my ppm readings were done with an HM TDS meter. Didn't buy it and don't know the formula it uses, but I'll look into it.

Thanks again for stopping by everyone.

Day 21 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 21 - 12/12 Mandala

They have now finished 3 weeks in flower without major problems. I did a lot of trimming under the screen finally, and still have some more to do. I've trimmed a few larger fan leaves at the canopy level but I'm still nervous about doing that too much. Bending them down seems to help until the next day when I have to do it again. My TDS meter went out yesterday. Ouch. Be a few days until I get another one. I don't think it will have EC readings but maybe I'll know the conversion factor when I get it.

So today was a blind feeding, except the ph. They got 2.5ml per gallon of Liquid Karma and 7.5ml per gallon of CNS17 bloom. That usually puts my ppm just under 700, so I went with it. Tomorrow a plain water flush just in case.

The Speed Queen is showing some lighter green area around the edges of the leaves at the tops. You might see it in the pics. It hasn't gotten worse the past few days, but I'm watching.

And here are the pics.

Day 21 - 12/12

I think these buds shots are labeled correctly, but I'm not 100%. One of these day I'll follow the branches and label them maybe.

Day 21 - 12/12 Hashberry

picture.php

Day 21 - 12/12 Sadhu

picture.php

Day 21 - 12/12 Speed Queen

picture.php

Thank goodness for digital cameras. If I had to use film, I wouldn't. For every good shot, there were 10 out of focus, blurry, saturated, etc. etc. etc. Too funny. Take 30 pics and one of them is bound to be acceptable.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
lol the only good thing about 8mm is the little film cases you used to get :smile:

Man I can't wait til mine resembles something like this (I'm such a flower covertor right now)...I'm having that same trouble with trying to work out what to do with big fan leaves at canopy level too... like you I'm tucking them here there and everywhere, but theres more to be moved everytime I look :smile:

Did you take any clones while you were clearing out underneath?

lol the only good thing about 8mm is the little film cases you used to get :smile:

Man I can't wait til mine resembles something like this (I'm such a flower covertor right now)...I'm having that same trouble with trying to work out what to do with big fan leaves at canopy level too... like you I'm tucking them here there and everywhere, but theres more to be moved everytime I look :smile:

Did you take any clones while you were clearing out underneath?

Oh yeah, the film canisters did come in handy once upon a time. What do kids use these days without film canisters everywhere? I'd like to think I've "moved up" to glass jars for my stash now.

Don't go getting anxious and start them too early on us. Although with a Haze there might not be a too early, and you are more brave than I. I am afraid to grow the Haze beans I've got. I want to get something through a 60 day flower cycle before I consider 100 days or more of flowering. Yours are a shorter flower time I would hope.

I took about 12-15 big fan leaves today. It looks like it is a case by case basis thing with the thinning. I got the obvious ones. Obviously blocking light to something juicy, nothing much else to do with it, and another same size leaf on that branch getting good light. That's about what I did with the scissors. Tucking and positioning is never done, you right about that.

Actually I got clones before I flowered so I didn't need to. They were in veg for 3-1/2 months because I chopped the heck out of them, :biglaugh:. Gotta learn how to and how not to clone sometime.

BobbleheadJed
THe Speed Queen mmtasty
8oow looking great

stonyjoe.

Thanks Stonyjoe. That Speed Queen sure looks like it is maturing faster. I can't wait for a taste. Knowing me, I'll pick a little nug here and there and see what the ol volcano does for her.

Oh yeah, I found some baby pics I forgot I had. I hadn't mentioned it yet, but that Sadhu is actually a trifoliate(?) or polywhatever, I forgot after looking it up once. It had three leaves/branches at each node. I hear that can be good or bad. It was strange, that I know.

JamieShoes

Veteran
LOL dont say that Jed, I'm thinking I'm gonna flip em on Sunday... its the Power Plant clones that are in the scrog right now mate.. the Cheeseberry Hazes are not far behind, I plan to flip those around the end of the month (in a new, smaller tent) all being well :smile: ....EDIT- if you check the stretch on manwithnonames PP scrog - you'll see they still grow a LOT after the flip :smile:

and "strange is good" :wink:

edit - lol - I've moved up too.. to a Nescafe jar... STYLIN'

edit 2 - LMAO remember that advert for maxwell house where they'd do the fist shake and have a hand full of coffee beans..I can't help thinking of some old rasta with a hand ful of "proper" beans" and big cheesey grin.....hehehee ..man this weed I got is good....lol (farmers bag of bubblegum)

Cheeseberry Haze just stays on the brain more, sorry. You have me anxious for it even. I think I'm going to move to tents eventually. The ladies really do need more space and I already have everything for it, but the tent. But then I'll want two of them, won't I?

Man, I've got bagseed weed that I didn't grow very well right now. I'm jealous, but you go ahead and enjoy giggling about a rasta dude pawning Bubblegum seeds on TV. That is funny.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm thinking two tents is the way to go my friend... all that extra scrog training is taking up time...tick tock.. :wink:

Stonyjoe

BobbleheadJed
why dont you veg in that closet
an bud in a tent your talking about?

Thanks Stonyjoe. That Speed Queen sure looks like it is maturing faster. I can't wait for a taste. Knowing me, I'll pick a little nug here and there and see what the ol volcano does for her.
i gotta a cano myself
i know how you feel!

stonyjoe.

StonyJoe I don't have a tent, I'm just dreaming of a tent right now, like JamieShoes'. I will be moving later this summer or fall and plan on getting a two tents then, I guess. For now, this is already set-up and going and is good enough for me. This might be my last run here, but if I do one more a tent sure would be easier to tear down when I move out than that closet. Nah, I'll wait until I move. Give me a year and I'll have a couple tents on here probably, lol.

Some baby pics

Some baby pics

Alright I transferred those baby pics I found back before my battery charger went out.

Here is the Sadhu mutant in all her glory, and a few group shots. She sprouted three sets of leaves and had three at each node right up until alternating nodes began.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's been a while since I looked up what they call this. Feel free to chime in and offer anything you know, I'm interested. Am I gonna get ultra killer smoke from that third tit, as it were?

JamieShoes

Veteran
its called Whorled Pyllotaxy .. I've got one, I pray she keeps doing it like yours has :smile:

edit - if it does, I'm going to try n capture the trait in a Cheeseberry 3 leaf AF Dwarf - lucky clover style :wink:

its called Whorled Pyllotaxy

its called Whorled Pyllotaxy

its called Whorled Pyllotaxy .. I've got one, I pray she keeps doing it like yours has :smile:

edit - if it does, I'm going to try n capture the trait in a Cheeseberry 3 leaf AF Dwarf - lucky clover style :wink:

OK, they need a better name for it than that. That's why I forgot it, it needs a catchy name. Maybe I just need to say it a few times and get used to it. Whorled Phyllotaxy. Whorled Phyllotaxy. Whorled Phyllotaxy.There, not so bad.

You've got one too, huh? She/it (female seeds?) looks lovely. (Mercedes reminds me of Heather Graham from a bad movie.) Dwarf is good when space/height is in play, I guess. Hope that works out.

More spots for me to clone from out of that Sadhu, but I waited so long to flower I don't think it made much of a different in the long run.

If there isn't a thread titled Whorled Phyllotaxy, I think you should own it Jamie, and you've got a couple examples to start it already. I'm jsut sayin'.

hey Bobblehead, just wanted to drop by and see how the babies are. still lookin good man! good luck with keepin those girls in check!

hazy

Veteran
Whorled Pyllotaxy-
Wow, I was thinking it was a trifoliate, but what do I know.

Just looking around at your stuff bobblehead. Looking good.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I used to say "triploid"... but apparently I was wrong... then again I'm a complete nut job, I just found out that I'm running 1200watts in a dr120...lmfao