What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800w Coco Closet- Hashberry, Sadhu, Speed Queen

Thanks MASHUP. The first run is still getting better with a longer cure too. I may as well get some more dried bud shots from those up here sometime soon. I'll be happy if this one turns out as good as last time but I really think I'll get some bigger buds and heavier yield this time if I don't screw it up.

I know, KUSH, it does seem like yesterday. 4 weeks in already. Next week will be almost halfway for the Hashberry. I'm going to see how she does at 11 weeks. Although do clones finish faster than seed plants? With the amount of veg I gave the seeds I wouldn't think I'll notice a difference, but we'll see. What was my turnaround time from harvest? I'd have to look. It was less than a week from one harvest until the next batch went into 12/12 I think. Does that make me a pro? In 2 foot by 4 foot closet?

I

IE2KS_KUSH

What was my turnaround time from harvest? I'd have to look. It was less than a week from one harvest until the next batch went into 12/12 I think. Does that make me a pro? In 2 foot by 4 foot closet?

Yes, that's fucking great really! I biff'd it when I decided to slowly execute a dozen or so clones, SHIT not a one made it! Wow!
Anyway..
I am starting to tell myself I just have a "tough strain to clone". But that doesn't help dry the tears on my pillow.....

I have no idea about what clones finishing when or whatnot, I dunno. That's something to check into though. Boy I am really lookin hard at coco, I just don't know. I think, before I do that, I want to set up a rez and drip system for my dirt first. Do that, then ween into coco. I don't want to hand water anymore. I will be for a while still though.
Er, sorry rant!

KUSH, I hear you on hand watering. That's going to end when I get out of here. A res and drip system is exactly what I have in mind. 3 days worth of water in the res at least, and I'm golden. That's the dream anyway. I originally left soil partially because of the hand watering and I end up doing it three times more often in coco, go figure. Yes I'm going to play with drippers again real soon.

Welcome divenosa, thanks for the kind note and feel free to lurk away. I'm glad you like. I'll try to make sure I get at least one picture update every week on this run. Maybe more closer to the end. We'll see.

Now, how about another update on the first run? Some 30 day cure shots, give or take a couple days. They've been drying and in jars for 30 days, so I got en out today, did some measuring and took some photos. I've got plenty left.:yummy:

136 grams of Hashberry
119 grams of Speed Queen
I'll have to do the Sadhu and clone later, sorry. Each jar I've left alone has really only lost 1-2 grams in weight so that was less than the 10% drop I thought. They lost somewhere below 10% but above 5% of the weight after being jarred is my conclusion.

Hashberry 30 days after chop

Speed Queen 30+ days after chop

I

idoreallytry

nice BHJ i need to take some dried bud shots i seem to never do that anymore,,i must smoke it too fast lol,,,peace

I

IE2KS_KUSH

I hear that^^.
Nice shotz BHJ! Got me looking forward to the mandala gear!

Day 35 - 12/12

Day 35 - 12/12

Thanks for the bud shot comments. It seems like dried bud shots are an after thought for growers. They were for me anyway. Being gone quickly probably doesn't help either. For me, I prefer seeing them growing right in front in me.

Day 35 - 12/12

Hashberry

Speed Queen

I took those yesterday at Day 35. Just a few pics and I didn't get many of the Hashberry apparently. I'm liking what I see so far from the SQ under HPS. I do wonder if the MH helped add to the SQ potency last run, but I guess I'll find out. Hopefully it will be the same just with harder buds. I've definitely got some bigger SQ bugs than I did last time. In any event, I'm still having fun.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

THey are all looking chunky man! THose are already looking chunky! Shit! Can't wait to see those finish, looking good. Those are gonna be fun girls.

I

idoreallytry

you just about have me convinced to set up a scrog,,,wow,,, looking great for day 35,,,peace

Chunky is the perfect adjective for the Speed Queens right now, thank you. Last time I just had one SQ from seed, but this time I have three clones. About the same number of buds in the canopy overall, but the ones in the canopy all seem to be bigger. :woohoo:

In my case, idoreallytry, the SCROG kind of chose me. What else are you going to do in 2 feet by 4 feet, was my conclusion. I've got this/my coco situation figured out currently so I'm happy about that, thank you much.

Here's something interesting for you KUSH, and for Pure Blend Pro Bloom for soil users. I picked some up locally very recently and the front container says it has an N-P-K of 1-4-5. That is different from the previous bottle I have that was 1.5 - 4 - 5. Interesting. Not complaining. We'll see what it does. Because the CalMag has N in it, it may be a good thing and I might even suspect that is why they lowered the N. Who knows, just an observation. Maybe I should start a thread? Is there one already? I'm lazy, maybe later.

Thank you for coming around everyone. Still here for a bit to finish this one out. PalmDesertSpringsWhatever/Rancho Mirage, CA area entered the realm of my possibilities recently, any comments about that area other than I assume its going to be very hot?

I

idoreallytry

thats great i am thinking of going to a scrog coco run,,,i have never used coco but hear great things so what the hell we will give her a shot,,,peace

I

IE2KS_KUSH

oh yeah I noticed that also. I'm not complaining either probably for the better, I haven't seen anything on it, as far as a discussion, but yeah I saw that too. It's probably a good thing.

Hehehehe, I'm trying a 45/45/10 (approximate) mix of soil/coco/perlite outdoors in a container garden with some peppers, herbs, and cherry tomatoes to see if I can get a feel if I want to try that eventually. I'd like to be able to go more than a day in between watering or I really need to do the big reservoir and drip feeder on timer thing.

I've been taking two days off a week from watering with this batch. Leaf tips might be a bit more burnt but not a problem. I pushed them a few times with higher nutes so I expected that. My target ppm of 420 on my cheap meter seems to work great for these, that's funny.

Day 42, End of Week 7, 12/12, Under the High Pressure Sodium

Right mostly Speed Queen

Left and middle Hashberry left and back, SQ front right.

Day 42 - 12/12 Hashberry

Day 42 - 12/12 Speed Queen

Not really any big changes. They are just chugging along and its been cooler so that helps. It is strange not being tempted to sample some buds since I've still got some from the last batch. Although the Hashberry probably has 30 days at least left and SQ almost 30 days, so that situation could change, :yummy:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

he he he he...
That's funny you say that, where's IDO? I have never not taken a taster from a grow, similar boat I'm in too, might have enough to get me by, but it'll be really close. Hopefully it will be the last close call though and I can start to hoard a cache of fine flowers, that's the plan anyway.
I wish I could stick something outside! Damn that'd be a hoot. I keep telling myself the same thing about getting a rez and drip set up. PRobably never happen, but it's what I need to do.
Those gals are looking lovely as expected. Nice break on the cooler weather too, every little bit helps.

I

idoreallytry

here i am,, i never take tester nugs unless a branch breaks,,,i am putting everything out over the next week or so,,,peace

Latest posts

Latest posts