What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800w Coco Closet- Hashberry, Sadhu, Speed Queen

Whorled Pyllotaxy-
Wow, I was thinking it was a trifoliate, but what do I know.

Just looking around at your stuff bobblehead. Looking good.

Thanks for checking in hazy. I'm tryin'.

Jamie, I think that just means you need another, bigger tent.

be back in a minute

Day 24 - 12/12

Day 24 - 12/12

They look juicier every day. Although the Speed Queen is also looking less green.

The new TDS pen arrived, bottom HM model. Doesn't say what conversion it uses on the packaging. Its the same brand as the one that just broke and the measurements today are pretty in line with the readings I was getting with the old one, so good enough for me.

Yesterday they got plain water and Speed Queen was less green. Today a full feeding with 1.5ml/gal Cal/Mag (I only add this when I feel like it I guess), 2.5ml/gal Liquid Karma, and 6ml/gal CNS17. Starting water ppm was 35ppm. 670ppm total.

The run-off from the Speed Queen measured 320ppm today and the ph was 6.3. That high run-off ph worries me but its normal for all the plants. My first guess is she needs more food since it didn't get better after a flush. Heck if I know. Here's the pics.

Day 24 of 12/12

Speed Queen

picture.php

Hashberry

picture.php

Sadhu

picture.php

Day 28 - 12/12

Day 28 - 12/12

They are still alive after 4 weeks of flowering, yeah. Almost halfway home, and mostly healthy. They are out of balance somewhere, but I am closer this time. Tomorrow I'm going to give them a good flush and then switch them to Pure Blend Pro bloom soil formula 1.5-4-5 to finish them out. I like the CNS17, but I got the original hydroponic formula 2-2-5 instead of the newer coco bloom formula 2-2-3. Coco makes potassium more available so the newer formula makes more sense. The PBP soil with the extra N in the Cal/Mag looks to be more balanced as I research these nutes more. I have some old Floranova bloom, which at 4-8-7 makes the most sense, but its old and I've used it before. So, from what I have on hand, the PBP bloom for soil wins, and I'll go back to regular use of Cal/Mag. But enough of that, here's the pictures. I'll try to get some lights off pics next time.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Day 28 - 12/12 Hashberry
picture.php
picture.php
Day 28 - 12/12 Sadhu
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Day 28 - 12/12 Speed Queen
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Well, the preview didn't look great, but I'm gonna post it anyway and figure it out later.

Last edited:

Dödsknark

It looks great in there! I've been watching your plants for a while and the hashberry especially since I got a pack waiting to be popped.

Great work! Can't wait to see them mature.

It looks great in there! I've been watching your plants for a while and the hashberry especially since I got a pack waiting to be popped.

Great work! Can't wait to see them mature.

Thank you very much. I can't wait either. I'm glad Mandala has them in stock again. Good luck with yours. I've still got 9 Hashberry beans left myself, actually. hehehehehehehehe

ALL Lookin darn good and fine there m8... I know where to come when I feel like seeing some Funky shos of Snowed in Cannabis,,,, Thx for sharin Jed!

thebandit I hope I can keep it up and don't turn them ugly brown too soon. They are already shinier than my last bag seed run, so I am in awe of these plants and just want to do right by them.

Thank you very much, redman, grows like yours are inspiring to see what these plants can do and where I'm headed.

:canabis:

As promised I got some lights off photos today. They mostly turned out horrible, so I need to go through them some more, but I'll get to them later.

Yesterday I did a flush of all 4. (3 in 4 gallon buckets with just over 3 gallons of botanicare coco brick with 25% perlite, and one clone in a 1 gallon) Tap water temperature 72 F ph 5.8 with 8ml/gal Hydroguard.The big plants got about 2 gallons each, and the little one just about a gallon.

The run-off from the Speed Queen was 440 ppm (HM meter) with a ph of 5.9. The run-off from the Hashberry and Sadhu was 280-300 ppm with a ph of 6.3. I don't do the run-off on the little one, until I figure out how to isolate it.

The edges of the Speed Queen were showing a lighter shade of green, and it was present on the Sadhu as well. Something isn't right so I'm tinkering after research.

Today they got their first full feeding using PBP bloom soil and I'll be using Cal/Mag for the next weeks worth of feedings in addition to the Liquid Karma. I mixed 2ml/gal of Cal/Mag, 2ml/gal Liquid Karma, and 6ml/gal of PBPbs. That gave me a ppm of 620 with 35 ppm tap water. The ph was 5.6 with the nutes.

That's lower than I usually go, and lower than the CNS17 took it, but I didn't adjust it. I'd rather not use the GH ph up at all.

The SQ run-off today was 250 ppm with a 5.9 ph. The Hashberry and Sadhu were 220 and 240 ppm, both with 6.3 ph. I don't like the higher ph, but its always there it seems. Oh well, we'll see what happens with the change in nute recipe.

Day 30 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 30 - 12/12 Mandala

And I found some good shots. Most of the Speed Queen pictures were blurry. Must've been the glare from all the white trichomes. hehehehehe

Day 30 - 12/12

Speed Queen with a Sadhu in the front right

picture.php

Day 30 - 12/12 Hashberry

picture.php

picture.php

Day 30 - 12/12 Speed Queen

picture.php

Day 30 - 12/12 Sadhu

picture.php

Lights came on while I was taking pics. My fingers stuck together after tucking down leaves today. :yummy:

[EDIT: Thumbnails fixed.]

Last edited:
U

unta

Lookin great there homie! Got some Hashberry x White Rhino that looks like some amazing bud too> got two weeks left on mine. Good luck I'll be watching.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
"Must've been the glare from all the white trichomes. hehehehehe'

LOL ... no doubt :wink:

Lookin great there homie! Got some Hashberry x White Rhino that looks like some amazing bud too> got two weeks left on mine. Good luck I'll be watching.

Thanks unta, that cross sounds delicious. I'd be interested to hear more about how that turns out. Seems like a good match to find something unique from. I was thinking of crossing Speed Queen and Northern Lights at some point in my future.

"Must've been the glare from all the white trichomes. hehehehehe'

LOL ... no doubt :wink:

Alright, so the flash was on, which apparently means absolutely no movement while pushing the button and that's not something I'm good at. I take horrible pictures more often than not, and I'm not afraid to admit it. While trying to keep my elbows from smashing the goods too, lol. I think there were 20 or so of these yesterday.

picture.php

Day 33 - 12/12

Day 33 - 12/12

Day 31 - 2ml/gal of Cal/Mag, 2ml/gal Liquid Karma, and 6ml/gal of PBPbs. That gave me a ppm of 620 with 35 ppm tap water. The ph was 5.6 with the nutes.

Speed Queen run-off. 360 ppm, and 5.9 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 250 ppm, and 6.3 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 240 oom, and 6.2 ph.

Day 32 - 2ml/gal of Cal/Mag, 2ml/gal Liquid Karma, and 6ml/gal of PBPbs. 620 ppm, and 5.6 ph.

Speed Queen run-off. 410 ppm, and 5.9 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 270 ppm, and 6.3 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 260 ppm, and 6.3 ph.

Something is up with the Speed Queen in relation to the other two. It is in a different bucket that perhaps doesn't drain as well as the other two with perfectly flat bottoms. Then again, it is a bigger plant and finishes quicker and might have different nute needs. Heck if I know.

Today I went with a lighter feeding.

Day 33 - 1ml/gal Cal/Mag, 4ml/gal of PBPbs. 430 ppm, and 5.8 ph.

Speed Queen run-off. 420 ppm, and 5.9 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 280 ppm, and 6.2 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 260 ppm, and 6.3 ph.

Tomorrow they will get the same unless they tell me something else.

Now for a few pics. Not much change since Day 30. I need to stick with the method of taking a buttload of pictures to get more good ones. And I need a tent for a little more elbow room and better overhead shots. One thing at a time.

I wish I was a good photographer, but in any event, this is just so much fun the few good pics make me grin. I'm gonna be inhaling those, weeeeee.

Day 33 - 12/12 Mandala

picture.php

Day 33 - 12/12 Speed Queen

picture.php

Day 33 - 12/12 Sadhu

picture.php

Day 33 - 12/12 Hashberry

picture.php

Dödsknark

What dubwise said. Off to work... 7 am here. Have a nice day and keep taking those nice pics! Will be fun watching the girls swell :)

I appreciate that dubwise, hope you're enjoying it. Likewise Dodsknark.

I can't really do justice trying to describe the smell, but I'll give it a shot. The Hashberry definitely has a sweet tone to it, but it does have a bit of a bite, perhaps berry like. The Sadhu is just unique. Its a bit pungent, but not like skunk, much more earthy. The Speed Queen smells fresh, like it could be some fragrant air freshener spray or something, only with a noticeable cannabis smell in the mix.

And the full closet whiff smells like someone is smoking a joint outside a strip mall between a candy store and a flower shop with a garbage dumpster giving off a faint pungent fume from down the alley.

Let me sort through some pics and I'll have an end of week 5 update later. Thanks again everyone for stopping by. I'm having fun.

Day 35 - 12/12 Mandala

Day 35 - 12/12 Mandala

First, the nuts and bolts so I can look back and learn. I realize these ppm readings should be in EC so they are useful to more than just me, but its what I got. While not exact, it can give a general idea what I'm doing.

The Speed Queen was not going in the right direction yesterday or today. It's not very visible in the pictures, but you can see the edges turning yellow. Anyway this is what I did yesterday.

Day 34 - 1ml/gal Cal/Mag, 4ml/gal of PBPbs. 430 ppm, and 5.8 ph.

Speed Queen run-off. 530 ppm, and 5.8 ph.
Hashberry run-off. 300 ppm, and 6.2 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 280 ppm, and 6.3 ph.

After watering them, the Speed Queen run-off ppm is higher than what I put in the last 3 days, and the ph is dropping. Problems. Nutrients? The others are getting the same nutes, so I vote no. ph? Again, the others are getting the same ph going in, but the Speed Queen is lower coming out and getting lower. So ph is part of it, but I think just a symptom.

What IS different is that the Speed Queen is in a different type of bucket. It has ridges or indentations in the bottom, whereas the others have a completely flat bottom.

I think I've got some root rot, causing the ph to lower and the nutes to be locked out. And I used these same frickin buckets last time too. They might not be draining fully, and there are pockets of water that sit in there and get stale and breed bad things that eat roots. That is my hypothesis.

And my remedy? Flush. Flush some more.

Day 35 - 8ml/gal Hydroguard and 6.0 ph. She got about 2 and a 1/2 gallons

Speed Queen run-off. 460 ppm, and 5.8 ph after first gallon
150 ppm and 5.9 ph at end of watering.

Hashberry and Sadhu got 8ml/gal of Hydroguard and 5.8 ph.

Hashberry run-off. 190 ppm, and 6.2 ph.
Sadhu run-off. 160 ppm, and 6.2 ph.

And tomorrow we shall see what the plants tell me. I believe I'll give Speed Queen a day off tomorrow and let her dry out a bit, but keep my eye out cause I have no idea if they can go 2 days without water.

The Hashberry and Sadhu I will probably go up to 700 ppm tomorrow and then back down to the 420 9hehe) ppm range until the next flush in a week. That's the plan for now as these two are very happy. The Sadhu clone gets what they get and likes it so far.

Day 35 12/12 - End of Week 5

picture.php

That Speed Queen is thick. ph pen is adequate, but get something better if you can.

picture.php

A group shot of some Sadhu clone and Speed Queen.

Day 35 - 12/12 Sadhu

picture.php

Sadhu Clone

Day 35 - 12/12 Hashberry

picture.php

Day 35 - 12/12 Speed Queen

The first one got clobbered by my elbow, along with another one. This one shows the signs of problems most.

picture.php

I wish I could name everyone I've learned from, but thank you to all and ICMag for helping me grow the healthiest plants I've had yet. I hope I can finish them off strong. And then repeat...

Day 62 is 4/20/09 btw. Will the Speed Queen be done? The others? Close? I shall find out. Thanks for helping me enjoy this everyone.

G

guest5703

damn bro, I had to catch up! lol, you are moving too fast for me!!! Great work, and it's no wonder why your plants look so good, you actually are doing some really tight work in there with all the PPM and PH measurements. Great job on keeping track of the run off measurements, very cool to see. Your plants are super frosty too, I have always loved the look of mandalas strains and you have really brought out the best in them!

Can I ask, how often do you flush, or do you? Are the nutrients your using chems or organics? How often are you watering? I hope my buds come out this big and dank now that I stepped up my pot size....

I wanted to mention, it's odd that you say the plants stretched more under the MH, cuz I believe MH is better for vegging because of the fact that it actually shortens the length of nodes, so less stretching...This is what I thought I knew from reading at least, maybe I mixed it up?? I thought that MH would keep my plants pretty bushy so I started them off in flower under the MH as well as you did. So far they grew a lot and didn't stretch much, but it was purple kush and this strain doesn't stretch much anyway.

Anyways, cool reading up on these last few pages, I'll try to stick around more closely! Wonderful job bro, PEACE!

EDIT-I see what you mean about the SQ, I've had it happen to me before and I think you have the right idea about flushing for a bit. Personally, I use chems, so once weekly I use fresh filtered water and leach my girls....I poor so much in my pots that it drains a shitload out, but I have small pots and they can easily dry out in a day since I am using coco. What kind of water are you using? Must be fresh since the PPM's are low at the start right? Well good luck, keep us informed about her!

Latest posts

Latest posts