What's new

Zeus' 2008 Grow Show: A Mixed Bag of Goodies to Grow!!!

TheBEAK

ZeusOGrefugee said:
thanks guys!!:wave:...:respect:...appreciate the comments...the firls are lookin fine tonite, just checked on them, and clipped a few lower buds from the Skunk girl...I think shes gonna be a fast finisher...maybe 55 days or 60?!!She smells AMAAZING!!!after a quick trim of the buds, my fingers smelled like I just peeled an orange!!!so yummy..Ill have a smoke report tomorrow!!The rest are doin fine, and ill have some more pics up tomorrow...Peacce bros..

- Z

Hi Z
Looking good.
I just found a "lemon" smelling skunk pheno, so I'm def looking foreward to hearing how it smokes:)

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave: Hey all, what up???

Hey Beak...thanks for stopin in...ur Pure's look great, by the way!!!

No too much to report...chopped the Skunk girl last night at about 50 or so days!!!She wasn't gonna get any fatter, and the trichs were ripe for the picking :headbange

Did a quick dry on her cause Im outta weed, but she smels like fresh oranges fresh, and the smoke tastes like dried orange and lemon zest...pretty yummy for a quick dry!!! Hits pretty hard too...too bad she wasa small yielder...mighty frosty tho'!!!

Anyhow, the rest of the babes are fattening up and gettin frostier by the day!!! Ill be back later with some LONG overdue pics!!! Peaceall

- Zeus :wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Day 50 of 12/12!!!

Day 50 of 12/12!!!

:wave: Hello all...sorry for the absence, but work and home have been kinda crazy!!!Things should slow down next week, but I do have an update and some pics for all of you!!! :jump: Let's see, where to begin...The Skunk I chopped was quick dried, and is already smoked!!!! :bashhead: Not much of a yield, maybe a 1/4 oz. at best, but she smoked pretty well, and kept me from goin w/o weed for a few more days!!!
:redface: The girls are budding along nicely...They may have a bit of burn from the last feeding, but nothing Im too worried about...I think I pushed their nute limit a little too much!!!Anyhow...Today was Day 50, and it seems most of the babes are gonna go 70 days or more...So I still got some time left, but they are all lookin nice...

Note to BR, Dog, Core, NK, etc....The Heavenly hash girls would be better suited for outdoors, methinks...They are wayyy toooo stretchy for growin indoors...just a thought...They are gonna give me some nice smoke, however...

:headbange All 4 Mumbles are showin their true phenotypes now, and I seem to have 2 of the same, 1 a little stretchier, and 1 a little fatter, but not as resinous...YET!!! They all seem to be 70+ day finishers and are very sticky and resinoous....Most of them have a skunky, citrusy smell to them, while the 4th one smalls like somethin I cant quite place yet, but nice nonetheless...

Thats about it...the clones are doin great, will be transplanted on Sunday, and were all topped last nite...See you guys later with more pics and another update....mostly pics though... :rant:

Her ya go...

I almost forgot...SORRY Core!!!!!
I just transplanted my Core babies into bigger pots with a great new soil I just found...It has guano, feather meal, castings, d. lime, mycchorizal fungi, and a host of other excellent organic stuff...I think next grow, Im gonna go TML-style, and use just water for the whole grow...So, I think I got 3 PC, 3 Mongrel, and 2 CT...outta 15 beans!!! :fsu:
Laters...Peace all...

- Zeus :wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
HOLY CRAP!!!!!...just to let you guys know...esp. Black Rain....I chopped a few small buds from the MxA last night and gave em a quick dry...WOW...super potent smoke with a great heady high and then mellowing into a full body stone!!!and thats at day 50!!!Cant wait to see what shes like when fully ripe!!!!A keeper for sure..good thing I took clones of the male and female!!!later, gotta go catch my bus to work!!!

- Z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Zeus could you take some pics of the Mumbles so I can compare to the others people have grown out... I'm curious to see how many pheno's there are. You must have the keeper MxA pheno... mine were not bad but not as potent. Looking great man....

B/R

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uhm is that germrate or female rate??

edit ...i saw they germd all so it must be female rate....dude that is't bad at all !!
that leaves you with 8 outta 15 ...its aproxamately 60% on female rate....i've had worse to be honest... :muahaha:

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hey Core...that is my germ rate...remember I fucked up and soaked the soil too much!!!??Anyhow, I got 5 more beans of each, so Ill be good to go next round...

BR - yea dude, I def got the keeper with the MxA!!!Im really glad I got a female and male clone of her...Im gonna make some seeds to share very soon!! Shes got the growth structure, resin, smell, yield and stone of a great phenotype....Hopefully the male is just as potent!!!

Peace all...

- Z

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: Whats up y'all???!!! Im back with a full pic update so you guys have a reason to come by again!!LOL

For the most part, the girls are doin well...like I said, a few have some nute burn, but theyre gonna get straight water with Catalyst for the last 2-3 weeks left, and that should help them bulk up and finish well... I took all pics except a couple under regular light, with a white backround..I think you guys will like!! :jump: :headbange

Here we go...first up...
Mumbles 1

Mumbles 2

Mumbles 3

Mumbles 4

MxA

and the rest...

Thanks to all of you guys,,,you make this hobby so much more enjoyable and iinteresting...I think you guys are awesome, and I cant wait to grow more and learn through this great site!!! :rant:

Thanks dudes and dudettes...Peace all, and enjoy!!!

- Zeus

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
That mumbles is deff. the second pheno and the one you want

You should see really no external frost on her, and a slight urine smell coming from her

That last one with the foxtails is nuts

Great update bro, BR should be happy with this one

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey Zeus, The mumbles are looking killer, keep up the great work bro, youll be puffin your own again in no time:wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hey Dog and NK...good to see you guys...:wave:

Dog - which pheno are u talkin about?...I think 1 & 3 are the same..and they both are very sticky, and filling out late, it seems...They do have a sort of sweet uriney smell to them, but they are also very pungent and kinda sour smelling!!!Cant wait to smoke them...Yurs went 10+ weeks, no?!!

NK - yea man, Im so close to havin a perpetual stash, I can almost taste it!!! Thanks for the props...Im bummed about the burn on some of them, but they should recover ok!!??

The girls are startin to fill out again, and getting frostier by the day...Ill have more pics in a few days...gonna enjoy Easter & my days off first...

Peace all and Happy Easter to all!!!:wave:

- Z

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Howdie all...just a quick update. Ive got some nanners showin on one of my Mumbles, and 1 of my Heavenly Hash girls!!!Nothing too bad, just a few, but nonetheless...They still have a couple weeks left, and they should finish out in style...They are all super frosty, esp. the Mumbles and a particularly frosty and tight budded Heavenly Hash girl...Ill have pics tomorrow hopefully...Thanks all for the support....I may have to shut down after harvest for a while, but we'll see...at least Ill be able to keep my Moms alive and some clones I took...Anyhow, see you guys later. Peace

- Zeus:wave:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Nice variations on the Mumbles :yes: They're finishing up nicely! :yummy:

That MXA is putting off some crazy foxtails! :yoinks: Very interesting :chin: It's something I've been wanting to try for a while now.

You're doing a great job with these plants :yes: You're very close to your rewards :smoker:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Thanks TML...good to have you in the garden again...its been awhile!! Actually, the foxtaily girl is Mumbles #4, The MxA is the huge resin dripping bud under the M#4 in the pics...Yea, crazy foxtails..shes a pretty girl, for sure though...Should be some killer smoke...I chopped a branch of buds off one of my Heavenly Hash girls last night...the trichs are really tiny on her, but shesgot a TON of them!!!!So the branch is drying, and Ill smoke some as soon as shes ready..The rest of the girls seem to be about 2 weeks away from harvest, so very soon, Ill be havin a stash again...

My yields are gonna suffer this run, just because they all got too big, but now I know what to expect for the next run of these girls!!!Should get almost a 1/2-1 oz from each girl..not too bad...next run, Im gonna go with alot less plants, maybe 2 per light, and Im gonna LST the shit outta them...that way I utilize the most of my little ol 250's
!!!!Laters all

- Z

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Yeah 250Watters do a great job building tops but they don't have enough penetaration to get down low and solidify those popcorn nuggies :confused:

Wow :yoinks: that foxtaily bitch is a Mumbles...hmm that may be a pheno worth hangin onto a bit untill after you've tested her out...could be some potent sat traits in that one :chin:

Can't ya feel it getting close? :woohoo: :canabis:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Yes bro, I can feel it gettin close!!! And yes, I have 2 healthy clones of that Mumbles pheno, as well as a healthy clone from the other 3 as well...Im gonna have to keep em in veg for a while, but they should be fine...That reminds me, I need to transplant them ASAP, they are still in plastic cups that they rooted in!!!

I just chopped the purple bagseed girl right before lites came on...probably a 1/2 oz dried, but she smells like pure grape candy!!! Im really dissappointed with the yields Im gonna get..but I guess thats what u get with bagseed and untested varieties...Next run should be better...when it happens....!!!Peace, and Ill bbl with some pics....

- Z

twistedtree

Hey Zeus:wave: man, looks like everyone(who has it) is having good results with the Mumbles. No worries about the yield, right? At least it's better than nothing. Last year I walked away with maybe half an ounce, but it was my first grow, too, and I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm happy I got that much, mostly due to the great advice I got from some regs on your thread, too. Anyway, happy growing/smoking :rasta:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
thanks Anima for stoppin by!!!..Like I said before, next time, the girls gotta be tied down to keep them low and use the light the best!!!Thanks bro, see y later.

- Z