What's new

Zamaldelica

ValleyKush

Veteran
Im pretty sure the rework isnt just backcrossed to malawi. But even if it is, its still zamaladelica x malawi which has thai in it, just wont have as many thai phenos pop up. Also the trippyness comes more from the zamal then the thai, the thai is more speedy. Dubi said that the main goal of zamaladelica is to keep the high as close to the original zamal as possible so I would hope that the new release wouldnt dissapoint you.

JKD

Veteran
This is information on their Fem. I know its not what you asked but it may be similar in the reg now, I don't know...

Zamaldelica Feminized available is our Zamaldelica elite (Zamal x Malawi/Thai) inbred.
We also have produced Zamaldelica elite x New Malawi Killer fem,
and Zamal x New Malawi Killer fem.

If its ACE I'm sure it will still be awesome whatever the make-up.

JKD

B

Bob Green

I hear you on that one. A lot of people where hoping for a Zamal x Zamaldellica Elite cross. Even as a limited edition release all the hardcore NLD fans would have to jump on the crazy train. It does seem strange to me to keep the mother alive but not see her worthy of breeding forward with her but I have very limited space so?

That and ACE sells pure Malawi, Golden Tiger, Haze x Malawi, and now Zamaldellica is mostly Malawi genetics. I personally purchased Zamaldellica for the Zamal genetics not Killer Malawi. I must say they lost me on the new version of the hybrid. It will be much harder to find the Mango/Carrot Zamal pheno through all that Malawi. It just seems like ACE took the easy way out on the updated new version. Even Zamaldellica Elite x Zamaldellica Elite bread towards the Zamal mother and inbred and worked generations like Panama, NepJam, and Bangi Haze where taken to F8-10 over the years would be a diamond in the rough.

Is the auto-flowering, and hermi traits in the mother really that bad? We understand her flaws and accept her for who she is we promise! People that have done a lot of research on NLD variety flock to ACE for a reason. We want the hardcore, pain in the ass to grow, out of control highest high.

If Dubi does decide to give us a shot at a Zamal BX(Zamal x Zamaldellica) I will be the first in line to grab a few packs, and the pheno hunt will begin! But at least I do have 12 of the original F1s set aside for a rainy day. I plan on making some F2s and crossing to Double Thai.

But as the smoke reports come we might change our minds. Maybe the Zamal we are hunting is easy enough to find in the new version and we are missing the point. But until proven otherwise we will all be dreaming of obtaining that Carrot/Mango madness.

I do love that ACE released pure Killer Malawi for our enjoyment but?

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Vin if you are indeed this passionate perhaps it is time you do something yourself instead of relying on the breeder. A breeder has to sell seeds, they are not just growing for headstrash.

B

Bob Green

Agreed that's why I am going to F2 my original Zamaldellica, and breed it with other long flowering sativas. Personal headstash. But a good question is why would anyone grow a long flowering variety, that has low yield, and not be growing for headstash? I would bet the vast majority of cannabis enthusiast spend money on a line containing Zamal for one reason and one reason only.

HEADSTASH!!! To be more exact Zamal leaning Headstash ;)

I 100% respect that ACE is Dubi's company and he will breed as he sees fit. That and begging for a more pure version of Zamal from him is beating a dead horse.

But a few more lines of Zamal are popping up. Maybe cross Zamaldellica with Double Zamal once it is out.

Not to mention a ton of us would be breeding to that Zamal cut but none of us have it. Hints why we look for the next best option. If he offered the cut damn straight I would BX that badgirl!

Always want what we can't have!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Bob Green, you can't expect ACE to give us access to the strain whci is creating all the demand for them (Zamal Gerrit's cut).
I think ACE realized their mistake in releasing the Original Zamadelica as being to close to actuall Zamal which would allow all of us to have Zamal wthout having to keep buying from ACE.

The reason we won't see Zamadelica x Zamal is because of business.
If ACE didn't have to worry about money then we would all have Zamal crosses that are nearly pure Zamal ;)

If you really want pure Zamals there are other places to look at.

Keep up the good work Dubi

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Is the auto-flowering, and hermi traits in the mother really that bad? We understand her flaws and accept her for who she is we promise!

YES, those traits really are that bad. Keep in mind, not everyone is a pollen chucker growing for themselves inside under little lights. Outdoors these plants get huge and produce huge amounts of bud.

The auto flowering trait found in Zamal eliminates your ability to cut clones and keep mothers alive - bad for saving keepers like most growers will want to do. This forces growers (who are concerned about plant counts and accidentally pollinating crops) to keep males and asks them to do a job they may not want to do.

Hermies mean anyone who isn't planning on a seeded crop can't run the line. Or it means that you get a whole bunch of pissed growers saying you ruined their product because the line wasn't worked enough - whether or not they understand its a trait of the Zamal line.

Speed and size also become considerations. This is less for the reason of production and more because long flowering lines mean growers in northern climates are forced to run the lines indoors as they will not have enough time to finish the equatorial sativas outside.

B

Bob Green

Heck in Dubi's defense he gave the first Zamaldellica batches away for free. After that sold them for cheaper then most bean offerings on the market. Leaves them dirt cheap, and continues to give them as freebies. For years until stock ran out.

Dubi even told us that the regular stock was running out. You know what he also hooked me up with the very last pack available directly from ACE. Want to know what else this guy did? He snuck two extra seeds in the pack, and they all looked top notch healthy! But if that was not enough he gave me three seeds of NepJam too.

On the very last pack he still gave me his best beans and extra. For dirt cheap! Was like $50 for 12 Zamaldellica, and three NepJam.

The 12 pack Dubi sent me was in a ziplock bag with hand written labels. Most of ACE gear out in retailers hands has packaging dates. You could try emailing retailers and asking what year vintage their Zamaldellica seeds are from. You might still get lucky. Would not hurt to ask.

But if he did all that and you don't get any in the end it's your own fault. Even if I had not gotten the last fat pack I would of went to retailers asking for packaging dates.

The cross that made the Zamaldellica concept come into play arguably was Zamal x Meao Thai. These were also given as freebies. From ACE.

Come to think of it Zamal seeds originally came from Gypsy. I think they where dirt cheap and a lot of them where given away for free. It is very hard to find a pure Zamal of the quality that Garret's cuts demand. He found two very special mothers in those thirty seeds. Males of Zamal are hard to come by. It auto flowers, grows out of control, long ass flowering time, hard to grow indoors, etc, etc, etc...

stimp

Hi all,

I come here mainly to ask Dubi about ACE genetics, and changes in genetics in proceeding generations, so I'll repeat what i know and maybe it will be of some help.

As said earlier zamaldelica fem is still zamal x malawi/thai, bred towards elite zamaldelica female.

Dubi has stated in a few threads that the elite zamaldelica female is superior to pure zamal in all areas, including effect. So it is now his goal to lock down elite zamaldelica phenos.

I asked him about zamaldelica standard genetics and he said "zamaldelica standard version is more open pollination to maintain variety". I can't say for certain, but i believe i read in another thread about multiple variations of zamaldelica cross's, not just back to malawi, but inbreeding, malawi cross and crossed to golden tiger as well, so i think thats what he was referring to by open pollination. I'm sure he will be by soon to correct any errors or misunderstandings i have.

And I don't believe its a matter of money with these guys, they choose the path less traveled in the breeding game, not whats is popular. They also try to improve they're genetics each generation, not just offering f1's, and yet they offer them at the same price still. As well as offering zamaldelica at 15 euro less than most of they're packs, which are already a reasonable price. As Bob says, they are very generous with they're seeds.

Also Bob Green, I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but double zamal is available, sounded like maybe you weren't aware in your post.

Anyhow, hope you are all having a great day!

B

Bob Green

Hi Bob Green,

Zamal crossed to Double Thai (Koh Chang x Meo Thai) sounds great but has not been made yet.

I'm starting a new Golden Tiger fem selection (Double Thai x killer malawi) from seed, and i'm looking forward to find an exceptional female with the desirable thai influence from this Golden Tiger fem version (the strongest pure sativa hybrid that we have released till date) for further breeding.

At some point i would like to cross our Zamaldelica elite mum from the standard line (27 % THC with lovely mango mandarine aromas, and outstanding uplifting effect) with the best selected female/s from the GT feminized line.

Right now, when i'm breeding with Zamal genetics i prefer to use this elite Zamaldelica mum rather than the straight Zamal mum, the Zamaldelica elite mum has all the zamal traits i was looking for but it's much better in all terms.

Angola Thai and Zamal Thai F1s were great, but i believe a good selection of original Zamaldelica standard is superior.

These where Dubi's thoughts on Zamal and Zamaldellica Elite. Sounds like he knows where he is headed. But one can't help but wonder about a Zamaldellica Elite x Zamaldellica Elite worked line.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
But if he did all that and you don't get any in the end it's your own fault.

Easy there, buddy.

It ain't my fault that a business doens't want to continue releasing anything close to Zamal in its pure(ish) form.

We all appreciate what Kaiki did and what Dubi is now doing. No need to attack people like that. This is a community.
Hey, I'm glad you got the last pack that we ALL wanted. Maybe you can explain why there ever was a LAST pack? :tiphat:

B

Bob Green

So it almost sounds like he is playing with some Zamaldellica Elite x Golden Tiger fem(Malawi x Double Thai) on his new fem release? Could be interesting!

B

Bob Green

Sorry THCV I didn't mean it as an attack of any sort. I just ment that he gave us a lot of opportunity to get what we wanted. He is most likely moving forward in the direction he wants to take things.

As far as I know he did not keep the male Golden Tigers that made the first regular cross alive. Nor did he keep the Double Thai pollen donator that made the fem golden tiger he says is his strongest selection yet. That is why there was a last pack. Forward breeding concepts are his preferred method. Isn't that the way ACE/CBG has worked from the beginning? Sometimes it is in the favor of our taste sometimes not.

So between how he feels about his Zamaldellica Elite mom and his fem Golden Tiger Malawi x Double Thai? Well he could just find what he is looking for in a fem release. Maybe we will see Zamaldellica regular inbred lines in the future.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
No problem buddy.

I guess the answer lies in why Zamal Bx will never be available
(to keep it simple)

Limeygreen

Veteran
They are constantly working on new lines, perhaps there is more worthwhile things for them to work on, or maybe as previously mentioned, forward breeding and making similar crosses with better worked lines sounds like better breeding to me. I would love to have their canela but it's not going to be available which sucks but I am looking forward to the Ethiopian work coming.

Latest posts

Latest posts