What's new

Zamaldelica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is the Wild Zamal cutting being kept around for limited releases for those of us looking for the wilder version of Zamal?

ZamalHash, is that an F1 using Gerrit's cut?
If so I could just F2 that for my purposes along with grabbing a pack of the newer hybrid Zamadelica to work back towards Gerrit's cut

Hi Thcvhunter,

Gerrrit's Zamal mother is still alive in our mother room.

Zamal Hash limited edition is a F1 between this Zamal mother and a HashPlant selection from late 90s.

I have commented about my interest on using pure Zamal in this thread:

Hi,

Yes, as i commented previously in other threads, i'm more interested lately to inbred the best Zamal traits in the Zamaldelica line rather than working again with straight Zamal crosses or backcrosses.

A good Zamaldelica with strong Zamal influence has all the positive Zamal traits i'm looking for (especially aromas and type of effect), while Malawi adds strength, yield and desirable structure and the thai its electric type of effect.

At the moment we are working on a new Zamaldelica standard reproduction/selection using our previous elite Zamaldelica mothers and more parental plants from the last seeds of the original outcross, plants are starting to be pollinated as we speak.

Kind regards

e.T

Hi e.T,

What a beautiful Zamaldelica female! It's not very frequent to find purple plants in Zamaldelica, thanks for sharing yours and congrats for your patience and skills. Kindly, let us know how it smokes if you have the chance. Kind regards!

thanks. the color is from the temps. i was playing around with night time temps at the time. she usually won't color up like that...
the smoke is very smooth. not much in the way of flavor...mellow, floral with a touch of sweet. not expansive.
the high is very fast to come on. like riding lightning....
very clear and cerebral. mind racing and body motivated.
could def be hallucinogenic if over consumed. a bit jaw clenching too...
last for hours (4+). easy come down.

thanks for this wonderful hybrid. it has it all, imo....
...a big producer of delightfully exotic and powerful smoke.

zamal x malawi/thai
DSC_0802.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks e.T. for the smoke report. :tiphat:

I'm glad to know you are pleased with Zamaldelica experience, it's without any doubt of the best sativas we have released in the last years.

I will do my best to keep improving the line and to make some interesting Zamaldelica crosses in the future.

C

Cinderella Man

This was an epic thread... Zamadelica is definitely going on my next order

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Hi Sirius Haze,

The exact original outcross cannot be repeated as we don't keep exactly the same Golden Tiger males that were used in the first outcross, anyway i'm working at the moment with new Golden Tiger parental plants (from the fem line) that are better than the Zamaldelica dads so the outcross can be emulated and improved.

Regarding Zamaldelica breeding for upcoming generations, i'm now working with Zamaldelica elite female parental plants for the inbreeding. And also about to start a new Zamaldelica standard reproduction/selection from the original outcross that i want to open pollinate to let all the expressions expand in the F2 generation and see what can i find out.

Keep in mind also that a straight Zamal cross always have the chance to produce hermie plants, that's why i'm working lately towards the selected non hermie Zamaldelica elites for the new stock, and not so much interested in a straight Zamal cross for the upcoming releases, i always hope the outcome is better and more refined with the new work.

Hope it helps.

Hello Dubi, I have a question for you.

A few years ago I got some Zamaldelica freebies from Seedboutique, I was wondering if those were of the original release? And are they regular seeds or the feminized version?

So many great pics in this thread, I gotta move this one up the to-grow list.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Hi dubi, I will be buying the new Zamaladelica regulars when they come out in june. Could you comment on the differences we will find with the new stock? I have read that you are going to be further inbreeding it and trying to keep it mostly Zamal in effect, what other traits are you breeding toward with the new mothers and fathers?

nodestar

I have a smell report. All plants are about halfway through flowering. Smell report was done by nose. No tasting.

GT Standard - Malawi leaning: Trash or dirt.. muddy odors that blend together. Can't pick anything out yet.

GT Standard - Thai leaning: Last to flower, behind other plants. Smell is way mellow version of Malawi leaner. But maybe some type of fruitiness present. To earlier to judge.

ZD Standard - Malawi leaning: Orange peel, mild sweetness.

ZD Standard - thai?/Zamal? leaning: Apple, Tartness, lime, no sweetness. The Tartness is not just a smell it creates a texture in my mind. It's the exact taste and experience of eating those gummy or hard candies with that white bitter tartness powder coating the outside. It makes you suck in as the moisture leaves your mouth. All the flavors together create a tart green apple or lemon lime pie depending on what you focus on. My friend says he can detect Red Apple. But I disagree. There's no sweetness to be found here. Although slight variations exist from bud to bud.

ZD Standard - Thai?/Zamal? leaning, looks exactly like ZD above, but starting to flower differently: Pineapple. Pineapple and nothing but pineapple and sweetness. The sweetest strain/pheno of all of them. Smells more like pineapple than pineapple because it's sweeter than pineapples that you get in the states.

Was hoping for Carrot but o well. Kinda feel lucky to get pineapple. But maybe that's common. Never smelled anything that much like something else before. It's just straight pineapple dead on.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I'm not going to say it was bad, it wasn't. But it wasn't as strong as I was expecting based on reports, nor was it greatly superior to a number of sativa dominant hybrids I've grown.

I had two full blown hermies. I knew this was a potential issue going in so I can't say I was surprised. Was definitely disappointing as I had to cut down two very large plants (6fters).

Some of this I think was on me, it's difficult to grow these pure sativas and keep them healthy for 100+ days.

Pretty frosty, although not in the sense most folks think - almost all on the buds and not huge trichromes.

I had one very licorice smelling phenotype but that smell fell off a bit and it became... I don't honestly know how to describe it, but it's mild smelling. They all smelt similar. It's not that appealing to me, but it's not off putting. *edit* the above report mentioned dirt smells blending together... I think that fits pretty well.

Definitely clear headed and sativa high, not particularly trippy but clear and smile inducing for me anyway. For the time it took though, I will probably be moving on to different offerings. I need to also brush my own skills up a bit to get the most of these plants I think.

They were grown in 12 gallon pots in RLOS mix. Most of them did not stay green till the end. One of them stayed mostly green, but none of them really looked very healthy to me past week 8.

This is my first experience with a pure sativa, but I'd say the yield potential is very high for these.

Not the best pictures.

QfeqON6.jpg

roNRRVG.jpg

Hazed

I'm not going to say it was bad, it wasn't. But it wasn't as strong as I was expecting based on reports, nor was it greatly superior to a number of sativa dominant hybrids I've grown.

I had two full blown hermies. I knew this was a potential issue going in so I can't say I was surprised. Was definitely disappointing as I had to cut down two very large plants (6fters).

Some of this I think was on me, it's difficult to grow these pure sativas and keep them healthy for 100+ days.

Pretty frosty, although not in the sense most folks think - almost all on the buds and not huge trichromes.

I had one very licorice smelling phenotype but that smell fell off a bit and it became... I don't honestly know how to describe it, but it's mild smelling. They all smelt similar. It's not that appealing to me, but it's not off putting. *edit* the above report mentioned dirt smells blending together... I think that fits pretty well.

Definitely clear headed and sativa high, not particularly trippy but clear and smile inducing for me anyway. For the time it took though, I will probably be moving on to different offerings. I need to also brush my own skills up a bit to get the most of these plants I think.

They were grown in 12 gallon pots in RLOS mix. Most of them did not stay green till the end. One of them stayed mostly green, but none of them really looked very healthy to me past week 8.

This is my first experience with a pure sativa, but I'd say the yield potential is very high for these.

Not the best pictures.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with these girls.
~forgive me if I missed a previous post~
According to the op of this thread, I wouldn’t expect much at 8 wks.
How long was the bloom period, were they root bound by the end of bloom?

Sativas are easy to germinate, easy to veg, but it can be a real a challenge taking any plant 15-16 weeks in bloom.
I have a close friend who is retired, I helped set him up a couple years ago, and he is the sativa grower these days, lol.

I have always used organic soil for Sativas, and any plant I grow, gets a new larger pot for bloom.

Btw I remember some weed (a lid) smelling like hay when I was a kid, but the high was just short of dropping acid.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I appreciate you sharing your experience with these girls.
~forgive me if I missed a previous post~
According to the op of this thread, I wouldn’t expect much at 8 wks.
How long was the bloom period, were they root bound by the end of bloom?

Sativas are easy to germinate, easy to veg, but it can be a real a challenge taking any plant 15-16 weeks in bloom.
I have a close friend who is retired, I helped set him up a couple years ago, and he is the sativa grower these days, lol.

I have always used organic soil for Sativas, and any plant I grow, gets a new larger pot for bloom.

Btw I remember some weed (a lid) smelling like hay when I was a kid, but the high was just short of dropping acid.

I thought I mentioned I took them past 100 days. They might have been root bound, but I reuse my pots so there are other plants in there now. I did not examine the root mass. It's a mess @ 12 gallons to do so anyway.

It was hardly a great run and the end result showed potential, but I have hybrids that are easier and stronger by a large margin and also give a very sativa high (even more so). Just reporting my experience. They are not that easy to grow and I think growers with less experience should be forewarned.

I can imagine some really nice plants in here, especially if grown to their maximum potential, but it isn't going to be easy. My mix they did not like that much (it's based on Clackmasscoot). And I can only imagine with bottles it will be even harder to get correct.

Hazed

I thought I mentioned I took them past 100 days. They might have been root bound, but I reuse my pots so there are other plants in there now. I did not examine the root mass. It's a mess @ 12 gallons to do so anyway.

It was hardly a great run and the end result showed potential, but I have hybrids that are easier and stronger by a large margin and also give a very sativa high (even more so). Just reporting my experience. They are not that easy to grow and I think growers with less experience should be forewarned.

I can imagine some really nice plants in here, especially if grown to their maximum potential, but it isn't going to be easy. My mix they did not like that much (it's based on Clackmasscoot). And I can only imagine with bottles it will be even harder to get correct.

I’m sorry, I have been gone for about two years and trying to catch up with everyone I must have over looked some of your post /"s .
Its good to hear pros and cons, and I agree this plant would likely be a bad experience for a beginner, or even an experienced grower with a busy schedule.
100 days into a bloom and a subpar harvest suks, I admire your patience ;)
Thank you for sharing your experience!..Hazed

nodestar

I was going to start running these with Buildasoil's Clackmasscoot kit. Did they just need more food? My Malawi leaners are hungry compared to the Zamal/Thai leaners. I underfed them early on but they're recovering pretty well. Do you use the Blackmasscoot kit for your hybrids with good results?

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I was going to start running these with Buildasoil's Clackmasscoot kit. Did they just need more food? My Malawi leaners are hungry compared to the Zamal/Thai leaners. I underfed them early on but they're recovering pretty well. Do you use the Blackmasscoot kit for your hybrids with good results?

I did very little to help them along other than feeding some teas. I think they were nute hungry big time. I think I could maybe do better in coco or after a few runs in this dirt. But time doesn't permit. The hybrids I'm running tend to do better in this mix. Black Widow being one and SLH the other big one currently. Also Sugar Punch. I would not describe any as particularly nute hungry plants.

I used his recipe for the soil base but I do my own thing otherwise and I'm constantly working to improve.

nodestar

I'm growing mine in soil. Top feeding when I water with Insect Frass and Fish. I have amendments in my soil but no big sources of NPK. Mostly rock dust. I'm going to do a coots run soon though. I was thinking about doubling the Coots mix from Buildasoil and adding a cup of insect frass for the Malawi leaners and regular recipe for the thai/zamal. Long way off still. But it would be nice if the mix can support a longer flowering, heavier feeding sativa. If not I'll just keep top feeding.

S

scai

I have some Mango Zamal x Mauritius coming.They both are supposed to come from the same Zamal family as Zamaldelica.They should be quite interesting.
To compare to Zamaldelica.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts