What's new

Zamaldelica

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Dubi checked my records I purchased these in April 2013, they were stamped either Feb or March 2013. I remember because when I saw it I thought, "at last fresh seeds".

Tangwena

Shooters

Question for Dubi?

Question for Dubi?

Looking at these two ZD hermies I was wondering about the one on the right.
picture.php

I've always assumed that it was the Thai pheno but it could also be the zamal pheno? The left hermie looks like the two females I grew from the same batch, stretchy tall with large fan leaves, but the smaller one started out a male and then later tossed out some female pistils:
picture.php

What do the masters of Zamaldelica say? These were grown from the standard batch of F1 seed stock.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Great work e.T

I've been made into a ghost at the other forum so I'll be watching your work over here instead.

I'm sure those purples are more stunning in person.

Great work guys

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Hi Sirius Haze,

The exact original outcross cannot be repeated as we don't keep exactly the same Golden Tiger males that were used in the first outcross, anyway i'm working at the moment with new Golden Tiger parental plants (from the fem line) that are better than the Zamaldelica dads so the outcross can be emulated and improved.

Regarding Zamaldelica breeding for upcoming generations, i'm now working with Zamaldelica elite female parental plants for the inbreeding. And also about to start a new Zamaldelica standard reproduction/selection from the original outcross that i want to open pollinate to let all the expressions expand in the F2 generation and see what can i find out.

Keep in mind also that a straight Zamal cross always have the chance to produce hermie plants, that's why i'm working lately towards the selected non hermie Zamaldelica elites for the new stock, and not so much interested in a straight Zamal cross for the upcoming releases, i always hope the outcome is better and more refined with the new work.

Hope it helps.

Good info.

I did find a straight up herm in the 10 seeds I popped. But so far the rest are ok. Does this trait tend to show up straight up or is more stress related like an OG?

Also had a question regarding phenotypes. I have one that smells VERY strongly of liqorice at day 32. Appears it's going to take the longest to finish but that could be wrong. Very thin leafed. Classic christmas tree shape with a nice open structure but plenty of bud sites. Not much fan leaf.

Think this is a Malawai leaner? I had it selected early as a potential keeper because of the frost apparent on early pistils. Grown from regular stock (not fem).

I will have some pictures up sometime this weekend.

waveguide

Veteran
mr. waldgeist i have spent the last 40 minutes going through your posts searching for information on your methods, medium, feeding, philosophy, et c.

many years ago i used to work in production nurseries and often saw flats of crowded plants in small, deep containers like you use.. their roots went into the drainage trays and the denseness, humidity and neglect would translate into lush growth :)

i haven't found much browsing! i'd love to hear you ramble for a bit about methodology and nutes.

Waldgeist

i cant say much as im trying myself this and that,

those trays in my veg are subirrigated only, i feed nutrient solution to the tray and let the plants wick it up.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

the lamp is 100w cdm-t elite 942, reflector diy from scrap.
the pots are 7x7x18 cm, media is mostly coco(can use everything).
nutrients are dry salts(yara, hakaphos), NPK for veg is even like 15-15-15 and I feed it around ec 1,3 everytime.
few days before taking cuttings the particular plants get foliared a P booster, thats all.

best

vinrusso

Hi Vin I agree with that quality is the first thing you want.
This is a pic of my zamaldelica buds week 11 of flower they smell amazing,bushy spindly plant but tight sticky buds[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58219&pictureid=1362639&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58219&pictureid=1362638&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Nice looking bud. That pheno? I'm real curious how your smoke turns out. I have some of the original Zamalelica. Glad I did. Good luck

Dog Star

Veteran
View Image View Image View Image

the particular Z's are flowered in high density with others, 24 a 40x60cm a 100w, same bulbs.

View Image

Think i will made Zamaldelica pregnant in 4 week of flowering
when i sees a bit more pistills out...

ohhh when i think i will hit her with polen from SB males and trying
to visualise in my head this combo progeny will be crazy.

Future is bright for sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiVKP_sMqHU&list=RDQiVKP_sMqHU#t=8

Regards:tiphat:

DS

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
One of my current Zamaldelicas:

picture.php

Micro style, under 110w PL-L, lower buds at 80 days.

Thanks Dubi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking at these two ZD hermies I was wondering about the one on the right.

I've always assumed that it was the Thai pheno but it could also be the zamal pheno? The left hermie looks like the two females I grew from the same batch, stretchy tall with large fan leaves, but the smaller one started out a male and then later tossed out some female pistils:

What do the masters of Zamaldelica say? These were grown from the standard batch of F1 seed stock.

Hi Shooters,

I'm sorry to hear about the 2 hermies, Zamaldelica first standard release was a straight Zamal outcross so there are always higher chances to find hermies in the old release, this is quite common when working with straight Zamal crosses, that's why i've been working/inbreeding the hybrid using Zamaldelica non hermie elite parental plants for the next versions of the strain, instead of doing again straight crosses with the Zamal mother.

How were the growing conditions when the plants showed the problem ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
zamal x malawi/thai ~15wks almost there, showing some nice colors...

View Image

Hi e.T,

What a beautiful Zamaldelica female! It's not very frequent to find purple plants in Zamaldelica, thanks for sharing yours and congrats for your patience and skills. Kindly, let us know how it smokes if you have the chance. Kind regards!

Shooters

They were in a small grow box where they got some light stressing pre-sexing, I do believe I created them via trying to hurry 'em to sexing but not complaining about having hermies at all as I'm just a small medical grow so I used that small thia-ish one to seed my females, critical plus, cream auto and some bagseed lionheart.

I hadn't seen a zamal plant yet so was just wondering if that little male/herm was that or thai leaning. All the others were malawi leaning phenos.

Great smoke by the way and Thanks!!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Is the Wild Zamal cutting being kept around for limited releases for those of us looking for the wilder version of Zamal?

ZamalHash, is that an F1 using Gerrit's cut?
If so I could just F2 that for my purposes along with grabbing a pack of the newer hybrid Zamadelica to work back towards Gerrit's cut

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Thanks to you Dropped Cat :tiphat: Looks very resinous and powerful for such low light intensity!

Yup, smells like pineapple, a sour pineapple.

It is all cloudy and covered, wish I had better camera skills
to document the plant to share here on icmag.

Seems to be finishing sooner than the other pheno I
flower at 110 days. This one, Z 02 is at 80 days and
maybe will chop at 90.

Regular seed from your first release, got it as a freebie.

Yup.

M

miris

Im curious for that new zamaldelica elite x new malawi killer, just showed two fem. from soil :)

Latest posts

Latest posts