What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica Breeders Pack pheno hunt 🥭🥕

Nextgeneration73

Personally I would get a 4” fan and scrubber combo. You can mount the scrubber outside the tent, set the fan on a low setting which will pull fresh air into the tent and push it through the scrubber, which will eliminate the odor
Ok thanks!

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Personally I would get a 4” fan and scrubber combo. You can mount the scrubber outside the tent, set the fan on a low setting which will pull fresh air into the tent and push it through the scrubber, which will eliminate the ordor 👍👍
Ozz bro, how drastically would you say that the trippy psychedelic effects would reduced if harvested earlier with KA5H like week 8 or 9? But I mean run under 11/13 or below that instead of 12/12 if I can't run it a whole 3-4 months? Also would drying first by not watering the plant during harvest time for a few days and then hanging reduce terps or THC? I need to know so that I can finally order and see which season I'll be able to finally grow. Sorry again for disturbing you with questions.

OZZ_

Veteran
Ozz bro, how drastically would you say that the trippy psychedelic effects would reduced if harvested earlier with KA5H like week 8 or 9? But I mean run under 11/13 or below that instead of 12/12 if I can't run it a whole 3-4 months? Also would drying first by not watering the plant during harvest time for a few days and then hanging reduce terps or THC? I need to know so that I can finally order and see which season I'll be able to finally grow. Sorry again for disturbing you with questions.

There are no short cuts amigo, if you are going run these types of cultivars you really need to be ready to give them what they need. Harvesting 3-4 weeks early is not going to be wise, nor is short changing the drying and curing times.

Hope this helps 👍

Nextgeneration73

There are no short cuts amigo, if you are going run these types of cultivars you really need to be ready to give them what they need. Harvesting 3-4 weeks early is not going to be wise, nor is short changing the drying and curing times.

Hope this helps 👍
Ok but I mean in the case that I have no other choice, what do you think I should expect? Meaning KA5H is usually pretty potent so even if taken earlier wouldn't it still be better than weaker strains taken on time?

Nextgeneration73

Hope this helps 👍
Hello Oz would using an intense LED light from seed be an issue or should I keep it in the dark first and then under a less intense LED light elsewhere? There's no dimmer at all on the one I bought. Also is there any way at all to induce earlier flowering? I'm asking because my seeds and other equipment still haven't arrived and it's taking up the season I have to grow, bloom, and harvest, as well as dry and cure... One thing that could help is an earlier flowering start... If they had arrived two weeks ago then I would've worried about that but they haven't....

OZZ_

Veteran
Hello Oz would using an intense LED light from seed be an issue or should I keep it in the dark first and then under a less intense LED light elsewhere? There's no dimmer at all on the one I bought. Also is there any way at all to induce earlier flowering? I'm asking because my seeds and other equipment still haven't arrived and it's taking up the season I have to grow, bloom, and harvest, as well as dry and cure... One thing that could help is an earlier flowering start... If they had arrived two weeks ago then I would've worried about that but they haven't....

Hi Next generation,

I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly what you are wanting to accomplish, but maybe thats because of the 18,932 margaritas I’ve had tonight….. so bare with me.

The best thing I can suggest is to get a par meter, get a ph meter, and get an EC pen. That’s the only way I can guide you, as that’s the way I grow….. by visual cues the plants tell me and by numbers that I have previously proven to work.

As far as light intensity in seedlings go, I just popped some seeds myself, and kept the light intensity at 200 ppfd at the surface of the medium so that when the seedlings break ground, they are immediately met with 200 ppfd of led light. Whatever you gotta do to accomplish that is what would be my recommendation. Hope that makes sense! Wooohoooi :dance013:

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Hi Next generation,

I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly what you are wanting to accomplish, but maybe thats because of the 18,932 margaritas I’ve had tonight….. so bare with me.

The best thing I can suggest is to get a par meter, get a ph meter, and get an EC pen. That’s the only way I can guide you, as that’s the way I grow….. by visual cues the plants tell me and by numbers that I have previously proven to work.

As far as light intensity in seedlings go, I just popped some seeds myself, and kept the light intensity at 200 ppfd at the surface of the medium so that when the seedlings break ground, they are immediately met with 200 ppfd of led light. Whatever you gotta do to accomplish that is what would be my recommendation. Hope that makes sense! I’m shit faced! Wooohoooi :dance013:
Is there any way to induce earlier flowering, like quicken the veg time? This Zamnesia shop online says 24 hours of light from the start to quicken veg and then flip earlier would induce earlier flowering, I don't know if that's also true with KA5H. I love margaritas by the way cheers. When and if this entire grow goes properly I'll be sure to drink some margaritas with my lady as a reward somewhere 😁 But after the harvest and dry! When you sober up could you please read it again? 😀 Because I've got little time left due to the seeds and equipment not arriving still. Cheers though Ozz! 🍸

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Is there any way to induce earlier flowering, like quicken the veg time? This Zamnesia shop online says 24 hours of light from the start to quicken veg and then flip earlier would induce earlier flowering, I don't know if that's also true with KA5H. I love margaritas by the way cheers. When and if this entire grow goes properly I'll be sure to drink some margaritas with my lady as a reward somewhere 😁 But after the harvest and dry! When you sober up could you please read it again? 😀 Because I've got little time left due to the seeds and equipment not arriving still. Cheers though Ozz! 🍸

Veg 2 weeks (18/6) from seed (1 week for rooted clone) then flip to 11/13. Start in 1/2 gal pots then transplant to 1-2 gal pots after the stretch. Be careful with N post stretch.

I never could understand folks when they say they cant run a 90 day strain cuz it takes too long. Whats the difference between vegging an indica 30 days/flowering for 60 days (total 90 days) and 14 days + 90 days for a sativa? 2 weeks.

Tangwena

Veteran
Dont want to speak out of turn but if your in a hurry.
Start the plants on 12/12 from seed, after 2 weeks reduce to 10/14 and every week 1hour less lights on time.
Finish 8 or 9 hours lights on 16 or 17 hours off. This makes for shorter faster plants as they think winter is coming and stop growing and go straight into flowering.
At least you will get more mature flowers. I do this a lot if I'm short on time and can vouch that it works.
This was SantaMarta Gold x Demon Latcher a Haze type plant on the same times with the final harvest.

img_2150-web.jpg
img_2156-web.jpg
img_2773-web.jpg

The buds pictured are from Mulanje Gold that I ran together with the SMG x DL same light schedule.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Veg 2 weeks (18/6) from seed (1 week for rooted clone) then flip to 11/13. Start in 1/2 gal pots then transplant to 1-2 gal pots after the stretch. Be careful with N post stretch.

I never could understand folks when they say they cant run a 90 day strain cuz it takes too long. Whats the difference between vegging an indica 30 days/flowering for 60 days (total 90 days) and 14 days + 90 days for a sativa? 2 weeks.
Thanks buddy. I'll do just that. My partner and I had trouble ordering on time, I'm still waiting for the seeds and equipment, I already have a tent and LED which is intense in light but medium to small in size from MarsHydro but it came without a dimmer. If we had ordered a month earlier (me and my girlfriend), we would've had the time to go far longer, but we have certain traveling duties. Canceling them could cause great issues for us (it's a long story to explain) I have to be at the place of grow and cultivation to keep it going, there's also the long dry and cure. But the whole order coming in slow means I have to rush it. It's not clear when I will have another season to grow again, it won't be soon for sure, but I will save whatever seeds I can. If ordering wasn't so slow I wouldn't be so worried about how much time I've got. Besides Spain is pretty close so it shouldn't take this long...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Dont want to speak out of turn but if your in a hurry.
Start the plants on 12/12 from seed, after 2 weeks reduce to 10/14 and every week 1hour less lights on time.
Finish 8 or 9 hours lights on 16 or 17 hours off. This makes for shorter faster plants as they think winter is coming and stop growing and go straight into flowering.
At least you will get more mature flowers. I do this a lot if I'm short on time and can vouch that it works.
This was SantaMarta Gold x Demon Latcher a Haze type plant on the same times with the final harvest.

View attachment 18951500 View attachment 18951499 View attachment 18951501
So lastly start with 12/12 or 18/6? Either way I will have to reduce the lights every week because I want them taken at maturity even if it's a smaller plant, that's okay. I'll have more seeds saved for other periods. New ones can always be bought either way... Thanks for the help...

nick11

Veteran

Thank you! For the life of me I've never understood this. Why limit one's self to couch potato herb.

Tangwena

Veteran
So lastly start with 12/12 or 18/6?
The whole idea is to cut out vedge altogether 18/6 you run the risk of wasting time switching them to flower.
I got this idea originally from seeds planted outside in our Australian winter that just grew as buds on stick but reached maturity.
I can get sativas to flower from seed in 12 to 14 weeks this way.
If you harvest too early you get bland featureless highs that bare no resemblance to what they should be and IMO they are a wasted grow.
Better not to grow them.

OZZ_

Veteran
What's your opinion now a year later OZZ_?

On The Zamaldelica?? It’s wonderful herb!! The GT/Thai leaning pheno was my favorite. I still have a jar of it in fact and it’s all citrus-cat piss now after a year in the jar. I had not tried it in months, and I still have the whole breeders pack to hunt through so I tossed the mom with the idea that she is a very good pheno, but I think I’ll find even better in all the seeds I still have. Well that was a huge mistake, a short while after I tossed the mom I broke out some of the flower and it was amazing. Super super heady. Very lovely stuff I messed up. That said I do still have the entire breeders pack to hunt through as well as two other packs of Zamaldelica, one bought in 2015 and one in 2020. I have no doubt there’s gems to be found in those beans

Thanks to everyone else for jumping in and offering our new friend suggestions and the help he needs, while I was nursing a hangover haha…. you all rock 🤘🤘🤘

Nextgeneration73

The whole idea is to cut out vedge altogether 18/6 you run the risk of wasting time switching them to flower.
I got this idea originally from seeds planted outside in our Australian winter that just grew as buds on stick but reached maturity.
I can get sativas to flower from seed in 12 to 14 weeks this way.
If you harvest too early you get bland featureless highs that bare no resemblance to what they should be and IMO they are a wasted grow.
Better not to grow them
Wait but if you speed them up like you advised and they reach maturity (but as a small plant) that shouldn't count as harvesting too early does it? Because you said that harvesting too early and you getbland featureless highs so I'm guessing that you're only talking about when harvesting before maturity and not when you're speeding it up and then cutting it earlier but at reached maturity right? I just wanted to clarify if I properly understood what you meant. Meaning if by a miracle it's already matured earlier because of speeding things up, it wouldn't count as an early harvest for the highs right? Sorry for being so annoying but I want to make sure that I'm going for the right plan by doing it this way.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Wait but if you speed them up like you advised and they reach maturity (but as a small plant) that shouldn't count as harvesting too early does it? Because you said that harvesting too early and you getbland featureless highs so I'm guessing that you're only talking about when harvesting before maturity and not when you're speeding it up and then cutting it earlier but at reached maturity right? I just wanted to clarify if I properly understood what you meant. Meaning if by a miracle it's already matured earlier because of speeding things up, it wouldn't count as an early harvest for the highs right?
Its an option if your pressed for time.
Its def better than harvesting unripe buds but no substitute for a properly grown full term plant.
I do it regularly because I'm away from home periodically and sometimes its the only way I can do a grow in the short time I'm home.
So to answer your question yes its better than unripe buds. AND the high is a true representation of what the high should be.
Give it a go it may surprise you.

Nextgeneration73

Its an option if your pressed for time.
Its def better than harvesting unripe buds but no substitute for a properly grown full term plant.
I do it regularly because I'm away from home periodically and sometimes its the only way I can do a grow in the short time I'm home.
So to answer your question yes its better than unripe buds. AND the high is a true representation of what the high should be.
Give it a go it may surprise you.
The KA5H seeds arrived along with tons of equipment and a bonus carbon filter! 😊
Screenshot_20240131-134433.png

Last edited: