What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica Breeders Pack pheno hunt 🥭🥕

OZZ_

Veteran
Hello all fellow ACE fans 🤙🤙🤙

About three months ago or so I popped 9 beans from the Zamaldelica Breeders pack… from the elite F1 x F2 line.

I ended up with 5 females, three males and one seed that didn’t make it above ground.

Since I grow in autopots I don’t like odd numbers of plants, so later I popped a single seed from the Zamal A 75% line figuring my chances were high it would be female …. Giving me a total of 6 females to run and that is in fact what happened.

They have been hanging out chilling in my propagator tent being hacked back when they grow too tall bonsai style….. awaiting their turn when the flower tent opens up. Currently being fed 1.1 EC under low intensity lighting around 100 ppfd.

Here they are, the Zamal A is in the bottom right corner and is a clone off the seed plant. The others are the original seed plants. I still have about 5-6 more weeks on the current run in the main flower tent but soon I’ll take clones off of each and get them rooted out…. And those clones will be what I run for the hunt, while these seed plants will be held back until after harvest, smoke tests and the mango carrot keeper is found. 🥭🥭🥕🥕

Wanted to throw up a thread even though it’ll be slow going for awhile. As mentioned the main flower tent is still 5-6 weeks out from being empty.

AFC6A3BE-7911-48A7-89EC-87A5F206AF64.jpeg

Last edited:

goingrey

Nice selection of strains!

I often see the mango carrot pheno mentioned, is the attraction just the aroma? Or something else? It's more Zamal and less delica?

Smoking some Zamaldelica myself right now, not sure about the pheno. It's the one I got when I popped one fem seed lol. Maybe it smells a bit carroty.

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice selection of strains!

I often see the mango carrot pheno mentioned, is the attraction just the aroma? Or something else? It's more Zamal and less delica?

Smoking some Zamaldelica myself right now, not sure about the pheno. It's the one I got when I popped one fem seed lol. Maybe it smells a bit carroty.

Thanks brother! I have no idea other than the fact the scent profile is tied to the keeper phenotype they selected over at ACE. This will be my first time growing Zamaldelica out.

I can say several of these smell exactly like mango carrot on the stem rubs anyway. Definitely carrot but also sweet. I can absolutely see where the mango-carrot descriptor comes from. You could probably say sweet carrot as well. There is one that is more piney and another a bit inbetween …. A bit fruity but kind of piney as well.

The Zamal A 75% plant is not fruity at all. More nutty - chocolate. Maybe some woody notes in there. I think I always have a hard time differentiating between woody and nutty. To me it smells nutty but with definite chocolate notes. Kind of like raw Cacao.

Good luck :lurk:

Thanks dude! This is one I have been waiting a long time to do! Very excited as the time draws near 🤘🤘🤘

Subbed and I'm here if you need help smoke testing 😂

lol I always do! Head on over friend pull up a chair 🪑🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:

Old Fogey

Welcome bushed,

Zamaldelica original standard release was an unstabilized poly hybrid between a pure Zamal mother and a Golden Tiger (Malawi/Thai) F1 dad. That's why there was quite variability in the first release: some plants were just ok, others exceptional, most of them very firm in sex, others with hermie problems, some of them with mediocre terpene profile, others very refined ... it's a work in progress that needs lots of selection to find those special plants with a perfect balance of the best traits from these great 3 sativas.

Fortunately, we have found exceptional Zamaldelica females coming from the first release that are preserved in the mother room and that have been inbred to produce lately improved Zamaldelica versions.

At the same time we are just finishing a new Zamaldelica standard reproduction, where all the new non hermie parental females from seed have been open pollinated by different selected males, in order to open and preserve the different interesting genetic combinations in the F2 generation, just to make sure we are not missing other interesting combinations of traits.

So to answer your question, Zamaldelica standard versions are more variable, you will find more extremes in the expressions, and are maybe more interesting if you want to play with the variability of the hybrid.

The feminized version is less variable and involves lesser different parental plants.

In my opinion, an outstanding Zamaldelica parental plant should have a very refined terpene profile of tropical fruits and sweet carrot juice, very high resin production, great bag appeal, great vigour, great mold resistance, good flower density, moderate flowering time (10-11 weeks from clone), hermie free, good indoor adaptability, desirable bushy structure, very high THC ratio (over 20%) without CBD, and most important, an exceptional sativa effect: very motivational/uplifting effect or extremely psychedelic.

We have many Zamaldelica lines at different stages, so feel free to pm me or email me to choose the one is more convenient for your goals.
This from Dubi on his ideal pheno in the Zamaldelica thread...

OZZ_

Veteran
Clones have been cut. 🤘🤘🤘

CC26A848-4285-4F4D-8FF5-7E910596D8E4.jpeg

6F7B5B3E-517D-4EEA-BCB3-1C25F404355F.jpeg

Here’s the rundown and a copy of my notes on each one. Also as these have been kept back as bonsai moms, their structures (other than leaf shape and internode distance) cannot be assessed by looking at them in their current state; other than the Zamal A 75% plant as it is already a rooted clone in its current form.

Zamaldelica E1xE2 - #1

Spot on sweet carrot with hints of ripe mango. Strong scent strength. Tallest with longest internodes

7A35986C-B58F-44D7-AB39-75B80F3E081A.jpeg

Zamaldelica E1xE2 - #2 Same as #1 but *possibly* slightly weaker scent strength, it’s hard to tell they are pretty close. 2nd tallest of the bunch

973E72F4-214F-46E1-9B69-E64EF7F35C80.jpeg

Zamaldelica E1xE2 - #3

Mango carrot is there but with something else. Possibly more woody or nutty…. maybe a Malawi leaner? Sticky stem rubs. Medium height

9457E2F7-9642-4453-A87A-1884F2AFEBD6.jpeg

Zamaldelica E1xE2- #4

Mango carrot. Same as the others. Very uniform plants in terms of scent profiles. Similar scent strength. This one showed some N sensitivity early on as a seedling but seems to have grown out of it and is eating the same as the others now.

22AD7596-4145-4DEA-8FA2-A793D69BC5BB.jpeg

Zamaldelica E1xE2- #5

Surprise! Mango carrot yet again. Sticky stem rub. Shorter, bushier less vigorous although it may have been late getting above ground as a seedling. Shorter internodes than the others. We will see how the clones progress from here and see if that remains the case as the clones grow out.

836C26E5-B8A6-49A3-85BF-00A3A86ED5FD.jpeg

Zamal A 75%

This one is from a different line out of the breeders pack to give me an even number of plants to flower out in my tent. The seed plant had very nutty/woody stem scents with chocolate notes. Now there is some mango carrot there I’m noticing but much fainter than the others and in balance with the nutty-chocolate notes.

It should be pointed out this plant here is already a clone off the original seed plants, whereas the others are the original seed plants themselves. So the clone taken on the Zamal A plant today is a clone of a clone whereas the others are clones off the original seed plants. I’m hoping to mitigate the extra stretch I’m assuming this plant will put out due to the extra Zamal A blood.

50FFB992-A4B7-4929-88C0-42BE3278DDCA.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
As a side note, I edited the original opening post to exclude the other plants, as I want to keep this thread focused on documenting this pheno hunt and the subsequent associated pheno hunts that will come after it …..

Thanks everyone for tagging along it sure makes documenting everything much more interesting and fun 🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:

Legalcdn

Great hunt Ozz. I hope you find multiple plants with the traits you are looking for. I have wanted to grow the zamal for some time. Enjoy.

OZZ_

Veteran
Great hunt Ozz. I hope you find multiple plants with the traits you are looking for. I have wanted to grow the zamal for some time. Enjoy.

Thanks Legal! The current hybrid run in one of my flower tents is being flushed as we speak. But I will be chopping the plants periodically over the course of the next 2-3 weeks. I’m think I’ll have these guys transplanted and ready to start vegging around March 1st and it’ll be time to get the show on the road 🤘🤘🤘

OZZ_

Veteran
Fuck yeah
And Godspeed

Thanks brother!

Good news! The hybrids were done earlier than expected! I took down half last night and will take down the other half tonight. Then It’s time to do all the cleaning then the Zamaldelicas will be getting transplanted and put into the main tent to start vegging.

As a side note, Mrs Ozz is pregnant, which has happened before as we have been trying over the last three years…. But we always end up miscarrying. This time though we went IVF and everything has went perfectly well…. and in fact our doctor is going to induce her on February 22nd! So I need to get everything harvested dried, trimmed and jarred up before the little guy makes his official debut into our family in the next two weeks.

With the way I grow the majority of the work is at the beginning of the grow with cleanup and transplanting and at the end with harvesting and post processing. In between there’s not much to do other than keep the reservoirs filled and do some pruning and training…. And take pics along the way of course to document it for all you fine folk. So if I can get the hybrids all out of there tonight and get the Zamaldelicas transplanted this week I figured it’ll give me 3-4 months for us to settle in with the new baby before I have to harvest. That’s the idea anyway we are hoping it will all go as planned and be smooth sailing.

Either way it’s going to be a hell of a time! HA!! 🤘🤘🤘

I’ll get pics up after I get the Zamaldelicas transplanted into the autopots, hoping to get it done within the next week 🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts