What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica Breeders Pack pheno hunt 🥭🥕

OZZ_

Veteran
Had an early sample vape session a few nights ago off of elite #2

It was straight out of the dry tent with no cure. So keep that it mind, still I was very surprised! Very potent smoke it has to be approaching 30%, it definitely gave the modern hybrids I’ve been growing lately a run for their money. Very fruity terps on on that pheno too, with an effect that is all in the head and zero body that I could notice. Hits you right between the eyes, very very heady stuff.

Makes me very excited to try the other phenos, all the elites are jarred up now with the exception of the Zamaldelica GT/thai pheno still going in the tent. Looking like maybe two more weeks on her. Today is day 78 for her.

As far as the elite phenos go, elite #1 is my favorite plant visually, she’s beautiful…. She’s got bright neon red hairs on her flowers, great overall structure and yields very nice. Best bag appeal imo, However her terps **so far-** are all floral at this point without much of the wonderful fruit the other two elite phenos have.

Elite pheno #2 is the most terpy, and is the plant I had the sample vape session with described above. Visually has the least bag appeal, brown pistils rather than the nice florescent red pistils of elite #1…. but this plant has the best terps. Wonderful tropical fruit and flowers.

Elite pheno #3 has similar fruity - flower terpines, better than #1 but just behind pheno #2 in terms of overall loudness or terpine strength. This gal is the most resinous and is also the best yielder it looks like. Medium brownish-red pistils.

Here is some example nugs off of elite pheno #3

IMG_8251.jpeg

IMG_8256.jpeg

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Zamaldelica GT-Thai at 78 days. I’m going to let her finish out this res which is currently at a reduced EC of 1.4, then start flushing her looking towards a 13 week finish but she might surprise me wanting 14 we will see
That pheno looks just like mine. Quite phenomenal if you ask me. I have been growing the same clone a few time over the last 6 years and I am getting 10cm wide colas this last run I am currently finishing. It’s like she won’t stop reflowering…. Freakin fuckin crazy!

OZZ_

Veteran
How did the Thai Pheno turn out @OZZ_ ?
That pheno looks just like mine. Quite phenomenal if you ask me. I have been growing the same clone a few time over the last 6 years and I am getting 10cm wide colas this last run I am currently finishing. It’s like she won’t stop reflowering…. Freakin fuckin crazy!

Thanks guys I’m really excited to have found this pheno, she will def need another run I had to chop her a little early due to errors on my part. I started flush way too early thinking she would finish up by week 13 but then she was taking her sweet time ripening…. So I made the mistake of giving her a small feeding at 1.0 EC with the idea it would help her along as she was already being flushed for a full week and she still looked like she needed ten more days to go. The small feeding freaked her out…. She pushed a new wave of pistils but also a bunch of little bud leaves and started foxtailing heavily which can be normal but this looked more like a stress response.

I was leaving out of town for a trip so had to make the decision to either chop her or leave her unsupervised while I was gone and I decided to just go ahead and chop her.

Here are final pictures of her before the chop. I’ll be getting another cutting rooted asap for a second run now that I know she’ll be a 14 week plant from clone 🤘🤘🤘

IMG_8412.jpeg

IMG_8417.jpeg

IMG_8413.jpeg

IMG_8416.jpeg

IMG_8415.jpeg

IMG_8414.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a glorious sativa power your Zamaldelica GT pheno has @OZZ_ :love: She has the Malawi resins and yield (even higher due to hybrid vigor), but the pistils and reflowerings are more on the Zamal and Thai side.

It's not easy to find the proper feeding regime in the first run with this long flowering type, especially when her sisters finished earlier and probably asking for less food. Looking forward for your upcomings runs with her! ;)

OZZ_

Veteran
What a glorious sativa power your Zamaldelica GT pheno has @OZZ_ :love: She has the Malawi resins and yield (even higher due to hybrid vigor), but the pistils and reflowerings are more on the Zamal and Thai side.

It's not easy to find the proper feeding regime in the first run with this long flowering type, especially when her sisters finished earlier and probably asking for less food. Looking forward for your upcomings runs with her! ;)

Thanks Dubi! She’s being held back in the mother tent along with the panama red, and most likely the silver congo female I found from my recent run of The súper congo :dance013:

Biosystem

That looks amazing, man. What kind of yield did you end up getting from the different plants?
Do you feel this strain may have taken the spot as being your favorite sativa?

PS - I really hope you "avadakadavra'd" with that long-ass cola.

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
That's priceless, Ozz :love:
That looks amazing, man. What kind of yield did you end up getting from the different plants?
Do you feel this strain may have taken the spot as being your favorite sativa?

PS - I really hope you "avadakadavra'd" with that long-ass cola.

Thanks guys and sorry for the absence of a response here.

Was very happy with all the plants. The one I held back was the GT/Thai leaning pheno as mentioned above. After a nice long cure and many different smoke sessions I decided to let her go and will continue hunting through my seed stock. She’s nice…. But I think she wasn’t quite as potent or as trippy as I was hoping for. I have so much seed stock of Zamaldelica I believe I’ll find something better. Not only do I still have the rest of the breeders pack to work through, but I easily have three other packs of Zamaldelica that have been purchased over a long time period…. One pack even from an earlier release.

I’ll continue searching through the genetics in due time, and I have no doubts I’ll find what I’m looking for as I do so. The Regular GT 2.0 line might be more of what I’m looking for in this type of a Sativa, I’m not sure but the next Zamaldelica hunt I’ll do will be with the Zamal/thai F3 line from the Breeders pack. I’ll for sure be posting them all up again when I do 🤘🤘

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks guys and sorry for the absence of a response here.

Was very happy with all the plants. The one I held back was the GT/Thai leaning pheno as mentioned above. After a nice long cure and many different smoke sessions I decided to let her go and will continue hunting through my seed stock. She’s nice…. But I think she wasn’t quite as potent or as trippy as I was hoping for. I have so much seed stock of Zamaldelica I believe I’ll find something better. Not only do I still have the rest of the breeders pack to work through, but I easily have three other packs of Zamaldelica that have been purchased over a long time period…. One pack even from an earlier release.

I’ll continue searching through the genetics in due time, and I have no doubts I’ll find what I’m looking for as I do so. The Regular GT 2.0 line might be more of what I’m looking for in this type of a Sativa, I’m not sure but the next Zamaldelica hunt I’ll do will be with the Zamal/thai F3 line from the Breeders pack. I’ll for sure be posting them all up again when I do 🤘🤘

Well Geezus…. Looks like I need to retract some of the above. I’m currently out of town at my brother in laws and he had a jar of the Zamaldelica GT/Thai pheno I sent him that he’s had this entire time.

It’s now going on 6 months cure. Huge increase in potency. Potency is definitely there now. It’s got the same nice nose on the jar, lemony cat piss aromas. Intense head high. All in the head hits right between the eyes. It’s ringing my bell a bit at the moment,I have to admit.

Looks like I messed up tossing the mother, last session I had with this gal was probably around the 2 month mark maybe? I don’t remember but it’s been awhile.

Just figured I better report that back here. That’s a bummer, Oh well I’m not too worried about it with all the seed stock I have. I’d guess I have around 70 beans still…. 40 of which are of the breeders pack. Should be able to find some stupid nice phenos 🤘🤘

From here on out I’m not ditching a satty mother ever again until after 6 months minimum of cure. The difference is that dramatic in this case.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Well Geezus…. Looks like I need to retract some of the above. I’m currently out of town at my brother in laws and he had a jar of the Zamaldelica GT/Thai pheno I sent him that he’s had this entire time.

It’s now going on 6 months cure. Huge increase in potency. Potency is definitely there now. It’s got the same nice nose on the jar, lemony cat piss aromas. Intense head high. All in the head hits right between the eyes. It’s ringing my bell a bit at the moment,I have to admit.

Looks like I messed up tossing the mother, last session I had with this gal was probably around the 2 month mark maybe? I don’t remember but it’s been awhile.

Just figured I better report that back here. Oh well I’m not worried about it with all the seed stock I have. I’d guess I have around 70 beans still…. 40 of which are of the breeders pack. Should be able to find some stupid nice phenos 🤘🤘

From here on out I’m not ditching a satty mother ever again until after 6 months minimum of cure. The difference is that dramatic in this case.
How do you compare it to the Killer a5 Haze you had?

OZZ_

Veteran
How do you compare it to the Killer a5 Haze you had?

I May not be the best person to ask about the KA5H as I only grew it once, and had a haze pheno that I took slightly early.

That said, this Zamaldelica is much much more heady and clear. In fact I think it’s the level of clarity that threw me off on earlier smoke tests.

The KA5H was more heavy by far. Psychedelic stone with a narcotic come down. I’d say potency was about the same on both but this Zammy now after 6 months cure is all in the head. Definitely my mistake making the decision to toss the mother.

Ill need to continue the hunt now …

Nextgeneration73

I May not be the best person to ask about the KA5H as I only grew it once, and had a haze pheno that I took slightly early.

That said, this Zamaldelica is much much more heady and clear. In fact I think it’s the level of clarity that threw me off on earlier smoke tests.

The KA5H was more heavy by far. Psychedelic stone with a narcotic come down. I’d say potency was about the same on both but this Zammy now after 6 months cure is all in the head. Definitely my mistake making the decision to toss the mother.

Ill need to continue the hunt now …
It sounds like KA5H is for those who want a trippy state but don't mind the heaviness or find it worth it, and Zamedelica for positivity and clear headed. I guess it's all about preference, I still haven't bought my seeds since I won't be able to keep them in a fridge till September (time of growth) I infact had added you and two others into this group where I asked several questions about the cultivation, since other private messages I also made weren't really answered. Forgive me if I seemed stalkish (I'm not like that in reality though) I just needed answers is all from somewhere so I had to pick random names that popped up in my head and add them into a mini chat group, as I would've added others as well but couldn't find the settings for it 😆... Also I didn't want to keep asking everyone on these threads and seem annoying so I had to create one or two groups somehow 🤔

OZZ_

Veteran
It sounds like KA5H is for those who want a trippy state but don't mind the heaviness or find it worth it, and Zamedelica for positivity and clear headed. I guess it's all about preference, I still haven't bought my seeds since I won't be able to keep them in a fridge till September (time of growth) I infact had added you and two others into this group where I asked several questions about the cultivation, since other private messages I also made weren't really answered. Forgive me if I seemed stalkish (I'm not like that in reality though) I just needed answers is all from somewhere so I had to pick random names that popped up in my head and add them into a mini chat group, as I would've added others as well but couldn't find the settings for it 😆... Also I didn't want to keep asking everyone on these threads and seem annoying so I had to create one or two groups somehow 🤔

No problem! I saw the chat, but I was unsure of the format as I hadn’t been included in something like that before. My apologies.

I’m happy to answer any questions I can to the best of my knowledge anyway but I’m definitely still learning these satties as well as you can see by my most recent fumble here in not letting them cure long enough before making a decision. I have seen Dubi and many others say that a minimum three month cure is necessary, many times but…. I guess it’s just something you have to experience firsthand before it really sinks in.

Both my recent super Congo harvest and this Zamaldelica pheno changed dramatically at the 6 month mark. So I think I’ll be making 6 months cure a standard practice on satties from here on out.

Anyway though, what questions do you have? I’ll try my best to help, the nice thing about asking on the open forums is you’ll get feedback from others too and I don’t think anyone sees it as plugging up the forums, after-all that’s what they are for!

Ask away brother I’ll try my best 👍👍👍

Nextgeneration73

No problem! I saw the chat, but I was unsure of the format as I hadn’t been included in something like that before. My apologies.

I’m happy to answer any questions I can to the best of my knowledge anyway but I’m definitely still learning these satties as well as you can see by my most recent fumble here in not letting them cure long enough before making a decision. I have seen Dubi and many others say that a minimum three month cure is necessary, many times but…. I guess it’s something you have to experience firsthand before it really sinks in.

Both my recent super Congo grow and this Zamaldelica pheno change dramatically at the 6 month mark. So I think I’ll be making 6 months cure a standard practice on satties from here on out.

Anyway though, what questions do you have? I’ll try my best to help, the nice thing about asking on the open forums is you’ll get feedback from others too and I don’t think anyone sees it as plugging up the forums, after-all that’s what they are for!

Ask away brother I’ll try my best 👍👍👍
Thanks bro, so if I have no other option then to use a fan for air circulation in the grow tent inside the closet and all that being in a bedroom with an open balcony window with fresh air of course, (light leaks won't be an issue there at all) however I will have to use a smell or odor eliminator, like Zerum or Ona block perhaps next to the grow tent (in the closet) unless of course I could leave in the bedroom due to potential unwanted visitors and of course the neighbors above and below, my gf who I live with however supports it fully it's the outside people we both need to look out for. That being said the Zerum or Ona block with one or two I'm guessing should fully cover the smell from one plant even during flowering, (I'm also thinking on using this bugglegum spray, but we'll see. My fear is that I've read pretty much everywhere that the Ona block and maybe others completely neutralize the smell and taste of the bud perminantly (as great as that sounds for smoking up anytime any place without anyone from the outside knowing) my fear is weather or not it would also affect the High from the Cannabis (my most important part of it) weather the cannabinoids would remain the same, the terpenes ect. I'll admit I haven't smoked in sometime. Indicas we're usually not my best highs. Hybrids were always trippy for me and uplifting. Sativa's on the other hand took me to other dimensions also helped my novel writing as well (and would remove all life's traumas). So this strain KA5H should be to the moon (or galaxy) and slowly back. Of course I will start with small tokes the first time perhaps later on as well. Was evening wondering if I should cut it at 8 weeks, 9, 10 or even 11! I would already have bought the seeds if I knew that they could last all the way till September without being refrigerated but still in a locked dark somewhat cool spot. So my other question was what month to buy them if I would have to wait until September. Can't any earlier because of our traveling. I'll probably have the strain packed up in jars for years before I've finished it completely as I won't smoke that often. I know that the THC turns into CBN slowly over time... But I guess my main concern was the odor removers and what month to buy the seeds if not refrigerated.

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks bro, so if I have no other option then to use a fan for air circulation in the grow tent inside the closet and all that being in a bedroom with an open balcony window with fresh air of course, (light leaks won't be an issue there at all) however I will have to use a smell or odor eliminator, like Zerum or Ona block perhaps next to the grow tent (in the closet) unless of course I could leave in the bedroom due to potential unwanted visitors and of course the neighbors above and below, my gf who I live with however supports it fully it's the outside people we both need to look out for. That being said the Zerum or Ona block with one or two I'm guessing should fully cover the smell from one plant even during flowering, (I'm also thinking on using this bugglegum spray, but we'll see. My fear is that I've read pretty much everywhere that the Ona block and maybe others completely neutralize the smell and taste of the bud perminantly (as great as that sounds for smoking up anytime any place without anyone from the outside knowing) my fear is weather or not it would also affect the High from the Cannabis (my most important part of it) weather the cannabinoids would remain the same, the terpenes ect. I'll admit I haven't smoked in sometime. Indicas we're usually not my best highs. Hybrids were always trippy for me and uplifting. Sativa's on the other hand took me to other dimensions also helped my novel writing as well (and would remove all life's traumas). So this strain KA5H should be to the moon (or galaxy) and slowly back. Of course I will start with small tokes the first time perhaps later on as well. Was evening wondering if I should cut it at 8 weeks, 9, 10 or even 11! I would already have bought the seeds if I knew that they could last all the way till September without being refrigerated but still in a locked dark somewhat cool spot. So my other question was what month to buy them if I would have to wait until September. Can't any earlier because of our traveling. I'll probably have the strain packed up in jars for years before I've finished it completely as I won't smoke that often. I know that the THC turns into CBN slowly over time... But I guess my main concern was the odor removers and what month to buy the seeds if not refrigerated.

Well, let’s start with the easy question first. The seeds will be fine. They can last years in years at room temps, of course the cooler the better. The easiest solution is to just stick the whole package in a mason jar when you receive them and put it all in the freezer. Then they’ll last decades.

As far as odor control goes, there’s a few things that can’t be done half assed and if your situation requires odor control in the first place….. then odor control is definitely one of them. Imo you really need to just bite the bullet and buy a proper exhaust fan and carbon scrubber. Trying to mask it or eliminate it with secondary chemicals never has worked well in my experience, the only thing that DOES work well is a proper exhaust fan and carbon scrubber.

Besides, you still need fresh air exchange in the tent itself anyway. The plants won’t grow well without it.

What size tent is it?

Nextgeneration73

Well, let’s start with the easy question first. The seeds will be fine. They can last years in years at room temps, of course the cooler the better. The easiest solution is to just stick the whole package in a mason jar when you receive them and put it all in the freezer. Then they’ll last decades.

As far as odor control goes, there’s a few things that can’t be done half assed and if your situation requires odor control in the first place….. then odor control is definitely one of them. Imo you really need to just bite the bullet and buy a proper exhaust fan and carbon scrubber. Trying to mask it or eliminate it with secondary chemicals never has worked well in my experience, the only thing that DOES work well is a proper exhaust fan and carbon scrubber.

Besides, you still need fresh air exchange in the tent itself anyway. The plants won’t grow well without it.

What size tent is it?
My order was from Amazon, it was a 24x24x48" Melon Farm grow tent. But even if I do have a exhaust fan, I'm not sure how well it could be set up through the holes, the Balcony door can always stay open (it's next to a fresh air coming out from a place near a river (forestry area) and the closet is almost right beside it so the air should be able to flow into the closet and out. That's why I thought that a fan inside the tent with the holes in the tent opened would suffice with the closet open most of the time (closing it only if needed to be hidden). But that being said I guess I would have to add a exhaust fan and still have a regular fan on the other end though I'm not sure which if there's also an exact fan, as for the Carbon scrubber I don't know if that won't be too loud or bring the cost up making it too noticable, from Alchemiaweb they have all of those things, and ACE Seeds works with them, they deliver the seeds very discreetly from what it seems, dubi seems to fully trust them, and they say that it's best to put the Ona block next to the extractor fan or exhaust fan coming out of the tent. I'll still have a fan inside, wondering if I should have it blow at the LED light or elsewhere? By the way I'll several things for odors maybe was thinking an ozone generator and more of the Zerum blocks, and that one spray that supposedly elliminates within a wide range. That's why I'm planning on doing a microgrow one plant. The rest of the seeds for future use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts