What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS Cabinet (w/ pics)

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
NEED UPDATE :bigeye:

Looking good my friend sorry I didn't come by sooner. I'll be poppin some TFBs soon also. I also gave Xtrakritical some to try out, hopefully you can see them over there soon.

BTW- Thread Tagged :yes:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
yukon
howzit? hey brother hope all is well just checking for updates, and maybe the monetary setbacks.. I think i might have it figured out but want to be sure.. And what do you think about a convertible 400 watt cooltube in the flower chamber? Ill bbl peace..

sack

G

Wow You are an Artist, Engineer & Horticulturist :bow:

Cool Cab & Nice Lookin Budz :yummy:

NOKUY

Veteran
I will def. have an update w/ pics tomorrow guys ...I promise :wave:

...and answers to all questions

today is 55 days and there is starting to be some amber trichs and mostly cloudy all around...so were probably gonna see some harvest pics VERY soon...prob. sum tomorrow.

thats def. good news on these strains of FJ's, I like how fast they are finishing up, and some serious frost. :woohoo:

yield?... I'm really clueless on right now...as this is my first real SCROG :chin:

:wave: ANY ONE TAKE A STAB AT GUESSING THE YIELD BASED ON YOUR INITIAL OBSERVATIONS AND EXPERIENCE?? (screen is just a bit over 3 sq ft', and 300 watts hps...for those just checkin in) :wave:

plz. do take a guess guys ....I'll def post the final yield.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
I'm guessing 187g ....maybe 187.5

however if those buds are say 5g average each, then you'll be looking at over 200g. Very good I'd say...this is the maden run for this cab isn't it? I'd say that's awsome really when most say 1g/watt is rarely attainable...I say...BS....when you get that dialed right in and the right strain I bet you'll be pullin 300g no problems.....what are you hopin for? I'd say you are right on track Kooki....can't wait to see the harvest and dry bud shots.

Great weekend bro
BG

kooki

Hehe u mean yukon BG :biglaugh: u been smokin some LUI havent u ;)
I cldnt guesstimate a yield tbh, i think quality more important than the quantity myself too. But havin said that , u have nice lookin buds and with the space i be thinking 4 oz dry shld be the lowest i would guess.. i would hope of course u get more, that the cooltubes helpin u get those bulbs real close means they nicely dense nuggets and they weigh it up some more :yummy:
Any way it turns out , they look frosty and delicious :yes:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
LOL....yes I did mean Yukon...sorry Yukon. ...ya gotta try some of my LUI...it's dumb dumb weed if ya let it go long.

NOKUY

Veteran
BigBlack81 said:
Excellent work indeed. I have a few questions, though.

1. Are the principles of this cab pretty much scaleable? IE, can I increase the dimensions by 1/2 and up the wattage in the flowering side to a pair of 250's? AC'd, of course.
yea u could def. do that...what I would do tho is sort of scale yours on your own to fit your light wattage with your flowering area. Thats what I did, I knew I wanted to hit about 100 watts per sq. foot so I need 3sq feet(ish) for 300 watts...other than that yeah I think you could mimic it at a bigger or smaller scale

2. Can you provide me a simple schematic on how the ventilation system works? That's really the only stumbling block I'm having with the design elements of my cab. I'd like to mount the filter and silencer on the outside of the back of the cab and cover it with a housing or leave it exposed and camouflage panel it. But regardless, I'm not sure how to design adequate air flow in this box type.
I dont have an easy way to show u how it works.
All I can say is that air is pulled thru the floor and thru the ports in the mom area...then into the flower area.... and all that air is pulled thru the cool tubes and out the back of the cab into a carbon scrubber when i hook it up. right now its just exiting into the room
(if your still confused i'll draw it on a piece of paper and take a pic of it so I can post it)

3. What type of hydro systems work best in a cab of this type? Are there any micro hydro systems that would be ideal to use as to not limit height? The one shown is cool but I wanted to know if the C24 sized Ebb and Flow might be an idea as well as that's the system I tend to want to go to.
best one that I've seen peeps use is SWC (DWC but shallower)...I'm very un-familiar w/ all other hydro setups

4. How tall would you keep a mom in a box you're currently using and how many clones do you take per clipping? I'd like to know if keeping a pair of bonsai moms, one indica and one sativa, could be possible.
mine stay about 1 - 1.5 foot tall.
I chop growth off at least once a week, but I think I feed them too strong, and their pots are too big.....sometimes I hack them down to almost nothing, if I don't wanna mess with them for a while.
(w/ bonsais you take clones alot...regardless if ya need them or not). Most go in the trash, it would be nice If I knew local people that needed a steady supply of cuts, cuz I have them weekly.

Thanks for all the help and cheers. Ta.

hope that helps :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
monetary setback

aprox $600 bucks

that is all cab materials and lights and hardware and locks and wood and screws and ducting and fans and scrog screen and pvc and wire and castor wheels and timer and paint and stain and caulk and hurricane glass and power strips and floro bulbs and etc... (I hope ya don't want me to itemize it all)

-doesn't include grow media like soil or hydro gear or nutes, or time and labor

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
sackoweed said:
And what do you think about a convertible 400 watt cooltube in the flower chamber?

that would be nice and could def. work. I think you'd need more ceiling than mine tho...since u wont be able to keep the light as close. (thats why I'm a fan of splitting up the wattage w/ smaller lights in this scenario)...but it could work. also youd want a bigger flower area than mine (at least 4 sq feet, but u could go a bit bigger even) :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
Jerry Maine said:
Yukon, can you post a pic of your scubber?

Jerry

it's not on site at the moment (it's at a buddies house who desperately needed it)

it's EXACTLY the same as "durbanpoisons" tho...ill get the link if you need me to

sorry no pic of it yet :wave:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Yukon
Howzit? Thanx brother and yes can ya itemize it?? Just kiiiding... lol..
Im guessing 5 & 3/4 oz.,. bbl gtg to the horse races.. maybe i can just buy me a plug and grow afterwards lmao.. yea riiight...peace.

sack

NOKUY

Veteran
everyone else thanks so much for stoppin by :wave:

here is an update w/ some pics.

56 days now:

(1) pheno of "km/x13/thai X DC" is def. done....she's got a good amt. of amber trichs and will come down tomorrow. :woohoo:

The other "km/x13/thai X DC" pheno is about 5 days out...(VERY cloudy, and almost no amber yet)

Both "Cherry Chunk" phenos are on the same page and all very cloudy...I'd say def. no more than a week on them.

heres some pics...I tried to get a "pop can" in one to give some idea of size (don't know if I did a very good job tho) :confused:

...and yes this is the very first run in this cab...and my very first run with these strains. (I'm VERY VERY pleased w/ the results so far....especially knowing that I can dial it all in even better)

Thanks again for stopping in guys...this is so much fun!!! :wave:

G

Hey NOKUY, very nice build and grow. :wave: I love what you can do with a small cab!! I'm very impressed, and quite interested in how much of a yield you get out of there. Keep up the good work, I can tell you are enjoying it by reading your posts! :smoke: