What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS Cabinet (w/ pics)

NOKUY

Veteran
"kooki", "LIMELIGHT" "BonsaiGrower", "roor69" thanks for stopin" by guys :wave:

"CedarRiverCabin" thanks for stopin' by, and I'm def. glad I could help! Thats why I made the thread. :wave:

heres a quick 43 day update.

Everything is still goin really good, they have been packin' on lots of weight recently, and getting super frosty....I cant wait ta see what a few more weeks is gonna do.

heres some pics from today:

stevr59

dam NOKUY don't know how i missed ur tread but i did just found it and i got to say it rocks. i am still running the oringal NGB box and s fixing to add a cool tube till i seen yours and hell i just might go with 2 cool tubes now. and loved how you mounted all the ballast on the inside kind of what i did but mines on the back of the box. all i can say is you did one hell of a job man and got some good karma coming ur way for sure.

here mine before i shorted the light hood

here it is after i shorted the hood but problem i am having now the hood eat up to much head room and i been overgrown

Last edited:

Fat Albert

Damn, damn......DAMN!!!

I've been missing *THIS*?!?!?!?

This is friggin' BEAUTIFUL, Yukon!

How ya been? Hope all is well!

Fat A :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
lighting wasn't all that great for pics today, but I got a cpl. that are OK

these are @ 49 days

heres my little shot glass plant at 49 days too

G

damn yukon, thats cab is looking amazing on its maiden run! great job bro! :)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
yukon
howzit brother..? Nice cab man inspirational bigtime.. Hey how thick are the nugsz soda can size? or bigger something to compare just to see.. please.. Man that seems like K.I.S.S at its smiplest.. peace.. bbl

edit: ohh i forgot where did you get the sockets? and bulbs and roughly how much? Also total cost of cab if you dont mind? thanx..

sack

Last edited:

sackoweed

Veteran
yukon
Howzit? hey bro is there anyway to get a list of wood from you? and maybe whatever esle you need to build yer awesome efficient cab. please.. Or maybe a few pm's I have a few questions still from my post above. #112.. Look foward to hearing from you and thanx again for sharing your great updated cab.. peace..

sack

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks for stopin in guys :wave:

..yeah things are def. coming along nice...probably about 3 weeks max. til final harvest. which is more than good timing as I have plants ready to jump in and flower.

next round is FJ's "skunkyballs/7" ...I have (4) badass plants that have been veggin' for about 2 months from clones, should be a great show!!!!

"sackoweed" I've been meaning to figure out and post the monetary setback for the cab...and I'll try to figure it out tonight and tomorrow. It wont be to bad tho because I'm VERY thrifty and frugal....but i'll spend money for quality when necessary.

which sockets and bulbs "sackoweed"...floros or HPS?

sackoweed

Veteran
the 2 lights in the flower cab.. HPS i believe... thanx yukon brother.. bbl peace..

sack

NOKUY

Veteran
the HPS lights were 150 watt industrial lights from Home depot.

they were $64 bucks each, and in my old cab i ran (3) of them at once.

I took them apart, and seperated all the components as necessary. (its not hard at all)...and most the wires stay intact. ( I just made the wires to the socket longer, and put in a plug to work w/ the cooltubes)

Excellent work indeed. I have a few questions, though.

1. Are the principles of this cab pretty much scaleable? IE, can I increase the dimensions by 1/2 and up the wattage in the flowering side to a pair of 250's? AC'd, of course.

2. Can you provide me a simple schematic on how the ventilation system works? That's really the only stumbling block I'm having with the design elements of my cab. I'd like to mount the filter and silencer on the outside of the back of the cab and cover it with a housing or leave it exposed and camouflage panel it. But regardless, I'm not sure how to design adequate air flow in this box type.

3. What type of hydro systems work best in a cab of this type? Are there any micro hydro systems that would be ideal to use as to not limit height? The one shown is cool but I wanted to know if the C24 sized Ebb and Flow might be an idea as well as that's the system I tend to want to go to.

4. How tall would you keep a mom in a box you're currently using and how many clones do you take per clipping? I'd like to know if keeping a pair of bonsai moms, one indica and one sativa, could be possible.

Thanks for all the help and cheers. Ta.

Latest posts

Latest posts