What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you should have gone to rehab Amy

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
don't forget Brian Jones, ex Stones member, died at 27 :cry:

what kind of a band would this make?

Janis Joplin
Amy Winehouse
Jim Morrison
Curt Kobain
Jimi Hendrix
Brian Jones

:rtfo:

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
the forever 27 club gets a new member, Amy Winehouse dead at 27

the forever 27 club gets a new member, Amy Winehouse dead at 27

The most dubious club in music, the forever 27 club gets a new member, Amy Winehouse found dead in her London home. Just another sad case of hard drugs and alcohol taking their toll.

peace -fb

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I always wonder if this would happen without Fame? Is it just another drug? If your ego gets stroked that much do some Have to look to the next HIGH? Sad, Truely sad.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Amy Winehouse dead at 27

Amy Winehouse dead at 27

Was bound to happen soon.....

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse dies at 27

The soul and R&B star, whose drink and drug problems often made the headlines, was found in her London home yesterday. Paul Cahalan reports

Sunday, 24 July 2011

Soul star Amy Winehouse was found dead at her north London home yesterday in what police described only as an "unexplained" death. Winehouse, 27, who sold more than five million records and was heralded across the globe for herBack To Black album, died as she had lived – immersed in controversy.

Police chiefs speaking outside herr house in Camden Town warned against investing in speculation that she had been killed by a drug overdose and to wait for post morterm results to reveal more. The singer's well publicised battles with drink and drug problems had haunted her career and often threatened to overshadow her undisputed talent. She cancelled a European tour recently after a crashing performance in Belgrade during which she appeared to slur the lyrics to her best known hits. Weeks before she had entered rehab for alcohol abuse. Doctors allegedly told her she would die if she did not stop drinking. Last week, she was bacl on stage again, looking relaxed if a little unsteady at the Roundhouse in London during a cameo appearance alongside singer Dionne Bromfield, her goddaughter. Less than 72 hours later, Winehouse was dead.

Her father Mitch was reportedly on a flight to New York when news of her death broke and got on the next plane back to London. The former taxi driver had spoken of his worries over her wildchild lifestyl in the past, once explaining how he had written a eulogy to read at her funeral so fearful was that she might die young.

Yesterday evening. on the other side of police tape wrapped around her house in Camden Square, crowds of fans arrived with flowers and teddy bears. The group had dissipated by the time a body-bag was removed from the house later in the evening,

More fans gathered to toast the singer at The Hawley Arms, one of her favourite pubs in Camden Town - she was occasionally seen pulling pints behind the bar there. Candles were lit oustide in her memory. The pub's owners said: "Apart from her extraordinary musical talent, she was a special person with a good soul and this should not have happened. We feel privileged to have known her and we will sorely miss her."

Winehouse was already dead when ambulance teams arrived at her house. Camden police superintendent Raj Kohli said: "I am aware of reports suggesting that the death was a result of a suspected drugs overdose, but I would like to re-emphasise that no post-mortem examination has yet taken place and it would be inappropriate to speculate on the cause of death."

Supt Kohli added: "The death of any person is a sad time for friends and family - in particular someone like Amy Winehouse, very well-known nationally and internationally. My sympathy extends not just to her immediate family but to her thousands, millions of fans across the world."

Winehouse's ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil had long expressed the fear the singer would "die in his arms". He told The Sun that two years ago he put the singer into the recovery position and pulled her tongue out of her mouth to stop her biting it.

"I felt sure I was watching her die right in front of me," he said.

A statement on Amy Winehouse's website from her manager before her death alluded to her troubles. It read: "Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances. Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen."

Some of the world's best known musicians lined up to pay tribute. Crooner Tony Bennett said: "She was an extraordinary musician with a rare intuition as a vocalist. She was a lovely and intelligent person and when we recorded together she gave a soulfu; and extraordinary performance." Another favourite colloborator Mark Ronson said: "Amy was my musical soulmate and like a sister to me.." Simply Red's Mick Hucknall described her as "the finest female singer Britain has ever produced by a long, long way." Her album Frank was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize. But her real success came with Back to Black in 2006. It led to six Grammy nominations and five wins, equalling the record for the most wins by a female artist in a single night. A Brit award for Best British Female Artist followed in 2007, and she won the Ivor Novello Award three times.

Winehouse joins a long list of musical greats who died aged 27, while still having so much to give their craft. They include Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison and Rolling Stone Brian Jones.

sso

Veteran
she doesnt quite belong in that forever 27 club,which makes you wonder about her death and some sleazy executive.

dead stars make more bucks and dont talk.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what happens when you abuse drugs & alcohol. Not surprised at all. RIP.

Should have stuck to the good green herb! :canabis:

Not necessarily a tragedy. People tend to use hard drugs for a reason. Maybe her pain was so bad that she's resting easier these days.

RIP.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Today's lesson kids.....
Don't smoke crack
206487_217523884929979_111825205499848_1059771_6780517_s.jpg

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
A tragedy and a great loss.she had some real talent! and some real bad habits too.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
That club is packed with legends. Amy winehouse is the very bottom of the list. Let's see how her record sales are these next few weeks.

NOTB

junk'd herself out.... and look'd her....as for that "pain" thing that whatever man said....theres no excuses.... no self controlle thats what did her in.