What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you should have gone to rehab Amy

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
it wasnt drugs that killed her! well at least not the drugs we are talking about,,,

her post mortem toxicology came back saying there were no, 0 of any narcotic drugs found in her system!

she had been clean for 3 years,,, she was also working on a new album set for release next year and was promoting her god daughter at the moment,,

it is blatant what happened to her but the whole world will keep its head firmly wedged in the sand,,

a very timely saturn return,, i wonder if they checked between her toes, under her finger nails and her gums for signs of an injection,,

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Last edited:

John Deere

Veteran
it wasnt drugs that killed her! well at least not the drugs we are talking about,,,

her post mortem toxicology came back saying there were no, 0 of any narcotic drugs found in her system!

she had been clean for 3 years,,,

Care to link where you're getting your info? All I can find is that the initial autopsy was inconclusive and full toxicology reports will be 2-4 weeks.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
These are not the drugs you are looking for.

picture.php

Amy was a talented singer, shame she gave her life to hard drugs..
The H will always get ya..
I'll remember her with her song "Love is a Losing Game"
Bless

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
the family was quoted as saying " She died from withdrawals; because she recently stopped Drinking ... cold-turkey"....
what a statement.....

V

vonforne

the family was quoted as saying " She died from withdrawals; because she recently stopped Drinking ... cold-turkey"....
what a statement.....

Jerry Garcia died from a heart attack after going cold turkey.

V

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Jerry Garcia died from a heart attack after going cold turkey.

V

Many ppl die trying to quit the very thing "everybody" said would kill them-- A very good friend of mine died kicking heroin and methadone in the County Jail--
Kick Responsibly!! Maybe this will bring attention to this well intended killer--

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I kicked an 8.5 yr free base habit cold turkey 23 yrs ago, but for yrs prior to that I tried every other type of counseling there was, none worked.

I quit because I got tired of the crash and waking up a junkie every day.......

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Wise man!

Wise man!

I kicked an 8.5 yr free base habit cold turkey 23 yrs ago, but for yrs prior to that I tried every other type of counseling there was, none worked.

I quit because I got tired of the crash and waking up a junkie every day.......

Cold turkey in my opinion is the best way to beat any addiction.
Pain and despair can put a man on the right track:)
Thanks for being upfront and honest about a dark part of your past.

cashmunny

I've made the following comment to several people at work:

"She must have really had something eating her away inside to flame out so hard." and no one has really acknowledged the fact that her suffering before death must have been enormous.

I hope that at the moment of death she did not judge herself harshly.

In Buddhism they say that although there is no enduring self to believe something is lost upon death is delusion.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Alcohol and barbituates are much different when it comes to withdrawals and are the only withdrawals that can kill you. Alcohol also has a syndrome where every time you kick the habit and go back it makes the next series of withdrawals worse. Its called alcohol withdrawal syndrome and is deadly serious for those with a bad problem. Alcohol/barbiturate withdrawal is something to be concerned about for those at risk.

It very well could be alcohol withdrawal knowing her drinking habits and the fact she had binged earlier in the week.