What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

im ebay over a'zon all day.

do sparingly give my $ to jeff bezzy though.

just scored 4 @ 6" clip on fans (16w) for $56 to the door in 2 days. a'zon did me a solid on that order.

way better deal than the monkey pole fans from secret jardin.

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

Mosquito dunks will take care of those pain in the asses . amazon has a 20 pack cheapest i could find
mos def. gonna have to grab something casuse it can go south quicky quick. personally, i like the pellet version and just sprinkle it on the top of the medium/containers. cant let those bastards get entrenched into my grow game so early in the mash up. feel me, my G? death to all bugs that take away from my anal grow stylee.

xmas musik all day ! gonna play some king diamond for the doom imma bring their asses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNtYA5PjhU

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Fungus gnats are attracted to and live in stagnant too wet or rotting mediums. If your using Promix HP there is nothing in there they would really be attracted to by itself, its a sterile medium and kept pretty dry usually stored indoors. They were probably attracted inside since planting, If you put a layer of sand or perlite over the tops of the containers it helps as a dry inert barrier to prevent them access to the medium.

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

Fungus gnats are attracted to and live in stagnant too wet or rotting mediums. If your using Promix HP there is nothing in there they would really be attracted to by itself, its a sterile medium and kept pretty dry usually stored indoors. They were probably attracted inside since planting, If you put a layer of sand or perlite over the tops of the containers it helps as a dry inert barrier to prevent them access to the medium.

hmmmm. im not a fan of adding that extra layer to the top of my containers... but i agree it's a great way to keep the top bug free... still you got the holes at the bottoms too.

for sure, most respectfully, i dont see how those bastards could even get into the upstairs garden in the winter. imho, the promix has to be the culprit or, going over the details, possibly a trade with my homie. it's no big deal. gonna manage it right away.

and promix is not a "sterile" medium (like coco coir)... it's peat based. also, if you run it through your hands, there's definitely some soil in there. im using the HP version (which has 15% more coarse perlite than their other mixes). for sure, and no matter what, its way early in the game to have any bugs whatsoever. so death to those fuckers all day.

https://www.promixgardening.com/en/product/detail/pro-mix-hp-mycorrhizae

im wondering if eggs from fungus gnats can dry out & survive until moisture returns. im thinking yes its possible. have to do some reading.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Yea def get on them early...you cant let that shit get outta hand ...ive been on my shit as far as pest go this time not tryna go down that road again. Its nice to have a clean grow for sure tho.

insomniac_AU

Merry Christmas UG! Sorry to hear about the fungus gnats. I've had them a few times in the past and haven't really successfully ever got rid of them without cleaning everything out and starting again. I found mosquito dunks hard to get in Australia. I'm interested to see how you go with this. Hope you eradicate them quickly. I feel you are right and they have come from the medium. I'm almost certain that's where mine came from too. Good luck with the little bastards.

Akss

Good to see you up and running. I miss the steady stream of juicy bud shots from ya. Im pretty sure i get them from the promix hp also. Sevin 5 works real good. And of course sticky traps for the flyers. Happy holidays...

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Gnatrol WDG has always treated me right in coco, I think its even omri...for whatever that's worth.

Or sm90 as a soil drench. Consistencey is the key.

In the end its only gnats, but yeah..kill them f@ckers!

Oh, and
Merry Christmas!

U

useless.gardens

Merry Christmas UG! Sorry to hear about the fungus gnats. I've had them a few times in the past and haven't really successfully ever got rid of them without cleaning everything out and starting again. I found mosquito dunks hard to get in Australia. I'm interested to see how you go with this. Hope you eradicate them quickly. I feel you are right and they have come from the medium. I'm almost certain that's where mine came from too. Good luck with the little bastards.
Good to see you up and running. I miss the steady stream of juicy bud shots from ya. Im pretty sure i get them from the promix hp also. Sevin 5 works real good. And of course sticky traps for the flyers. Happy holidays...

Gnatrol WDG has always treated me right in coco, I think its even omri...for whatever that's worth.

Or sm90 as a soil drench. Consistencey is the key.

In the end its only gnats, but yeah..kill them f@ckers!

View Image

Oh, and
Merry Christmas!

merry christmas gentlemen.

thanks for that life cycle pic. very useful for useless! i dont like gnatrol but ive used it before with good results. my fav is the mosquito dunk bits. still, imma stay on it.

i was just in the garden with a vac. got 2 more. like i said, its no big deal just dont want them to take hold and get out of hand.

i just open the tent doors, arrange containers with space between them, tap on the containers (top, bottom, back & forth) with the vacuum nozzle (hand on the power button), and any movement or flyers... pow... instantly sucked into the vac. i dont see any in the 3x3 which is great. stalking them fuckers until total victory.

just de-leafed the 3x3 & my fingers stink to high heaven. stoked ! the platinum fire og gonna be some serious dank. i can tell already & the texture of the leaves is a combo of velvet & soft wet pu$$y.

everything growing like it should & looking sexy. should be setting up for flower in early 2019. so happy.

my cut of the melon (karma) still looking sad but im hopeful she'll rebound. way behind everything else but no rush for her to do anything but heal up & grow out. if she gotta get the trash can treatment, that can happen too. gonna give her another two weeks to show progress before the reaper shows up.

really happy about the northern lights blueberry. old school but timeless. delicious seeds with a winner right there. got one sativa leaning and one indica leaning. stoked! the last time i grew it out, the sativa leaner was the keeper for sure. so the indica is a one and done most likely. this strain makes some tasty, rock hard, spears of ganja love. cant wait to puff on some. plus this NLB is a breeze to trim & the larf makes some bomb bubble. the resin is a greasy type too.

all my cuts are starting to swell on the stems. hopeful to get roots on everything. thanks again to the guys helping me out & all you dudes for the love. pictures? cant wait to post up some new shit no doubt.

Last edited:

insomniac_AU

Yeah keeping the adults under control will help slow them breeding but from what I understand it's not the adults you have to be concerned about it's the larvae which attack the roots. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Fungus gnat eggs can remain dormant in dry medium and hatch after moisture is reintroduced. You wont see winged adults unless the larvae are given the waterlogged/rotten soil environment they require to survive after hatching for long enough to mature into winged adults (around 3 weeks typically). They could have got in as adults already attracted to something to lay eggs in, or as near adult larvae in medium from taking in plants from someone else.

By sterile I meant if stored correctly (dry/indoors) fungus gnats should have little interest/attraction in laying eggs in Promix HP (no decomposition taking place, no food for larvae after hatching). Through 2017 I was buying 10-12 3.8 cu ft bales of promix HP every 8-10 weeks for a 12k flower room, havent experienced them myself (honestly in 7 years of indoor growing spidermites are the only inconvenience ive encountered and only on certain strains, other than 1 ballast catching on fire lol).

U

useless.gardens

Firedog
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

Weehooten is the firedog?

its an aligee strain. but, dont think you can score whatever from dude cause he either doesnt keep certain males or looses them or makes beans like one time.

i love dude. flip side, when i got out of jail hit him up for packs of firedog & with one last pack he raised the price noting its was now "rare".

done with him after that. was just easier to spend my $ with a different company offering BOGO, discounted packs, and freebies i actually wanted.

however, if you like his gear (and no lie his gear is nice) go to his website and see what he's got to offer.

last time i checked, the male he's using, & the crosses being made with it, does not interest me (personally). im not saying the gear aint good. like anybody paying for seed, im very picky especially after years of growing.

firedog was amazing dank, mad flavorful, super frosty, and easy to grow. some nice variation & the phenos were all sexy. loved that strain tons. i think, the cops also really dug it too cause they were in that jar while i was getting cuffed up... fucked up they ganked my seed stash i had 2.5 packs left.

outside of asian girls in thigh high stockings, my fetish right now is clone only bubba kush, cherry pie, fire og, and a few others.

want to crack some alien genetics soon too. love that dude's crosses.

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

Been looking for that clone only bubba since i was a kid lol
bubba getting ready to hit my network. cant say if it comes with rules & restrictions (which i ALWAYS honor) but should be in my garden next year.

c u t - l o v e - i s - h e r e. cut love is everywhere !

tossing karma's the melon. gnats came in on the rooted cuts. she's so sad looking, her & i are getting a divorce. i like to throw them out naked in the cold. with clothes thrown out on the porch... & bitch, here's your fucking shag bag & pink vibrator. LOL!

i just was peeping the veg tent the last half hour. so, in this instance, it was not the promix. my bad for dissing promix LOL!

& ibechillski called it correct.

thanks to calijim for posting up the life cycle picture. very helpful. scored mosquito bits for the ultimate death toll.

practice what you preach... the melon is now deceased... gnats up in my mix... death by mosquito bits !

one of the best death metal guitarists that ever lived on the planet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAJQOeCSs_o

have my low tide 4x2 tomorrow. stoked !

& 5 silver crisps in peat pucks for the ride !!

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
outside of asian girls in thigh high stockings, my fetish right now is clone only bubba kush, cherry pie, fire og, and a few others.

tossing karma's the melon. gnats came in on the rooted cuts. she's so sad looking her & i are getting a divorce. i like to throw them out naked in the cold. clothes thrown out on the porch... & bitch, here's your fucking shag bag & pink vibrator. LOL!

LOL man you say some of the funniest shit ive seen in awhile, cool you got the gnats figured out.

want to crack some alien genetics soon too. love that dude's crosses.

The Tahoe Alien they bred is awesome, ive been hooked on alien genetics since getting Fruity Pebbles OG nugs a few times years back (never knew it was so rare back then). A few months ago I got an ounce of organic grown no pesticide used Cheesecake strain from a recreational shop. Was stupid dense/frosty and got me so high I would sit and do nothing for hours unable to think. After finding the first couple seeds (found 23 healthy mature seeds altogether) I looked into the genetics, cant wait to pop them.

Cheesecake bred by Mad Scientist Genetics

Father: Girl Scout Candy (Alien Genetics Alien Rock Candy x Girl Scout Cookies)
(Alien Rock Candy is BOG Sour Dubble x Tahoe Alien)

Mother: Confidential Cheese (LA Confidential x Exodus Cheese)

Posted July, 30th, 2016:

Here are some pics of our cheese cake. This girl tested 32.71 % Thc at the high times so cal cup earlier this year! This strain has become very popular for extractions and dry sifting. The dry sift just from trimming is amazing. I've heard this strain has also been renamed or nicknamed As "birthday cake", apparently somebody renamed and claimed it Lol .

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts