What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Pressed flower rosin is the way. Simple, cheap, and tastes great. Make a years worth in an hour. Working on a true production machine for next summer to do a lb a press and it’s easy to do 15 presses an hour. Numbers are comparable to any other technique

Goats

rosin is easily my favorite concentrate. the terps are off the charts as long as you're pressing quality flowers.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My humidity is low also. About once a week or so I will vent my clothes dryer inside instead of exiting thru the 4" pipe thru wall.
They make a cheap plastic thing that you attach the 4" dryer hose to. Pour a little water in so that it catches any lint that makes it past the lint trap, that way lint not flying all over house.
I have made them before out of small plastic tote with holes cut in lid.
House will feel more comfortable, warmer and mouth won't be so dry while you're sleeping at night. Hopefully it will help with the clones.
Last year this time I couldn't get a clone to root to save my ass. And I had been growing for a few years.
Haven't had any problems since I got the dome. I would like to get a slightly taller done so I don't have to take such small cuttings

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Wetting agents are surfactants same thing...I know silicon pretty well (seen my thread?) and cant find any verification on silica/silicon as a wetting agent other than the 2 links you gave me...Coots suggested yucca primarily and aloe vera, his website livingorganicsoil.org is now kisorganics.com and uses yucca in their Natural Wet product, Wet Betty is yucca and Quillaja.

quote of his i found relevant:

Several plants produce saponins and some have higher levels than others. Saponins are added to shampoos, tooth-paste, dish soap, industrial cleaners - saponins make things get 'foamy' - for example soap without saponins wouldn't give you any lather.

Common plant materials which have high levels of saponins include alfalfa, yucca extracts, horse chestnuts, etc.

When saponins are added to a foliar spray it's called a 'surfactant' and when it's used in commercial potting soil mixes it's called a 'wetting agent' - I don't get it either.

CC

CO2 and sealed rooms are the last thing I would worry about really.

Exchange your room`s air twice per minute and there`s no CO2 supplements needed...…..Ran multiple locations with 2 flip rooms in each basement for well over 20 yrs with dialed results utilizing lungrooms equal in sq ftg to the size of the grow areas.....

Setups I ran had homes with upper crawlspaces and foundation vents where fresh air was pulled in 24/7 that then stepped down to full basements.....I built walls across the width of the basements 12' out and then framed up 2 bloom rooms back to back then used the rest for lungroom and clone pre-veg cabs then a large scrubber on a timer dumping stale stank air every few hrs depending on time of yr......also....

90 degree elbows sprayed black inside and turned down for intakes work well for lightproofing grow areas…..anyways.....Good luck and holler if I can help.....

Peace.....DHF...…:ying:

i worked as a sous chef in a french kitchen for years and am very familiar with candy making...

Extraction is the easy part lol, you got this shit!

beats watching football on tv.

Ive learned alot from DunHav`nFun and VerdantGreen check their posts out sometime if you havent already.

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

5 for 5 on the silver crisps. happy. shot right outta the peat pucks. in solo cups, short veg for them & a flippy flip.

cant wait to sample the flowers. yummy!

put in water on the 23rd, 1 for 5 on the (nor'star) alcatraz og.

2x i checked into the pucks & the 4 no-shows havent even cracked on the side. nada. little miffed. hopefully we'll get progress. & the one that shot up is looking a little retarded with the beginnings of the first leaf set on one side only. i was worried about this the other day, as i pulled them out and re-soaked them for an additional 24hrs and dropped them back into the pucks.

hmmmm...

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

clones look like they are all getting ready to run roots. so stoked. sincere BIG thanks to my man for helping me out with the cuts. means so much to have known dank elites in the stable. cant believe i got a stable again! whoot !!

and, the advice on humidity allowed me to achieve a sense of security & happiness. lol. thanks gentlemen. treating the 2x2 like a humidity dome was the trick & misting the cuts in the aero cloner more frequently got everything looking sexy. humidity in the house is 36-37% so all advice was good advice.

james bean taking care of me. im thinking he had problems with the alcatraz og. i didnt ask him to do anything but verify my purchase to norstar (who are very easy to contact)... however, lickity split, he's sending out 2 packs of whatever norstar stain(s) i want.

when you spend money with dude, he remembers you.

so im getting a surprise: 2 packs of either: warden og or frisco og.

stoked on killer custy service.

mosquito bits put a hurting on them there gnats. i put a few pieces in the tops of each container. then, i brewed some bits overnight in purified water to feed the plants from the top & the bottom. i just used a clone tray, filled it up, and let the plants drink the brew up from the bottom. i see nada. another day or two, but imma declare victory.

i want to crack something else. what should i get into? alien apple warp is on deck.

picked up 2.2lb of granular mycos. came today. very happy. and for $14 with free ship was a killer deal. fyi, chick has a special going for 30lb @ $150 includes free ship.

if you like to read. an interesting essay on life with excerpts from leo tolstoy :
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/leo-tolstoy-on-finding-meaning-in-a-meaningless-world

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

1 @ alcatraz og is normalizing & looking vigorous. the rest are duds.

ogkb rooted !

got 4 @ alien apple warp in peat pucks.

once i get the alien apples up, ill go back to the open pack of alcatraz and try and crack those.

platinum fire og is a very sexy & branchy strain. hope the beastly one with branching like tentacles & red/purple pin stripes is a male.

U

useless.gardens

face off og kush bx2

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...Coots suggested yucca primarily and aloe vera, his website livingorganicsoil.org is now kisorganics.com

That is not his website, fwiw. That is run by another member here at ICm, though. He started that KIS formula after talking to me for several hours on the phone. I was discussing options for purchasing bulk amendments. Just over two week later, "he" had this new "revolutionary" idea about a product. The rest is history. Lesson learned the hard way.

That aside, it is a solid product built on a proven foundation. I'd rather people use it or build-a-soil, even though it too, is run by an old member here with the free information available right here on this site.

Rather they get peoples money than Hawthorne Group or some other massive corporation.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
livingorganicsoil.org redirects to kisorganics.com now, I didnt mean to imply kisorganics.com belonged to him my bad (wasnt livingorgaincsoil.org his though?). You made the KIS method originally DF or helped them source bulk amendments for the site etc?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had nothing to do with their formula or their recipe. I had everything to do with the entire idea to bag up small volumes of organic amendments for all in one water only mix. The concept was mine and was already in use and for sale at a couple hydro shops in MI.

I discussed sourcing issues with the Organic Fanatic Collective social group, which led to sourcing being discussing with organic farmers on the west coast about where they bought their amendments. KIS - was originally just selling kits for making compost teas and brewers, based on Mircobeman's information...

Conflict that arose out of monetizing free information to those who were unaware of the organic soil forum, caused a division, which gave birth to the ROLS sub-group of organic soil section. Which, was supposed to set organics free again, until...a High Times article got drafted and really started the beginning of the end for that momentum. Build-a-soil was started at about that exact same time.

Lot of stuff takes place and ICmag has been propelling the entire industry forward for decades.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Signature is unrelated. That is actually a quote from a conversation I was having with Gu~ about hacking Karma G, JJNYC and MoneyMike's hard work and his attempts at justifying it. :joint:

dank.Frank

U

useless.gardens

id never run his gear. however, i respect what another grower likes, buys, or rocks in his/her garden. imo though, gu~ is a fraud. he could care less if you buy his beans and that credit card processing company raids your bank account nor could he give a flying fu*k about using karma's or topdawgs's gear. unreleased or tester to him is open season. i mean, for those of us inclined to do so, we all make crosses. tell me what makes dude a "breeder"? i remember him as a grower taking nice pics & dick-riding bodhi in the seed collector thread at troll it up. any drama guy gets is clearly earned and not directed by mindless haters.

Signature is unrelated. That is actually a quote from a conversation I was having with Gu~ about hacking Karma G, JJNYC and MoneyMike's hard work and his attempts at justifying it. :joint: dank.Frank

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

happy new year to all who peep the thread.:party:

little veggie action.

just enough space left to fill it with cuts & the alien apple warp.

ready to rumble in 2019, and for more power, got the new 8 lamp t5 all set up in the other veg tent today.

i put the 4 lamp t5 in my basement near the sinks & washing machine area... be able to put a wire shelf for cuts right next to it.

...the 12x12 garden container holding clone only stardawg (guava).

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

think im gonna order some cherry malawi from KOS. i bet that strain be a great combo with face on fire from archive.:smoke out:

& james beans got me in the mail today. love that bomb custy service.

still gonna drop the rest of those alcatraz in water soon as the alien apple warps rise up.

shit, i might even go get the seed, fireproof, safe right now.

in case you're interested :: alien genetics :: alien apple warp = sour apple IBL x tahoe alien

==> want to cross everything i got to platinum fire og... lol !

& great news, sour dubbs on the way to the lab soon.
ahem!

Last edited: