What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

from my garden when i was rocking ebb/flow/hydroton.

afghan kush
picture.php

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

i have a 4 lamp t5 in the other (not shown) veg tent. outta here. just not enough omph. im gonna put the 4 lamper in the stash as i grabbed another 8 lamp unit.

i could even grab another 4x2, which would be super useful for useless, and put the 4 lamper in that... for small childrens only.

not sure im gonna do that as i could really use the 4 lamp unit near the washing machines in the basement.

veg tent
picture.php

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Looking good useless ...im learning ebb and flow right now and think ive got the recipe pretty well dialed...

U

useless.gardens

Looking good useless ...im learning ebb and flow right now and think ive got the recipe pretty well dialed...
ebb & flow isnt difficult. your feed schedule just depends on the medium used. still getting fresh water & oxygen to the plants is the key. pH is important too. i found hydroton a true pleasure to utilize. most important thing is to keep the rez covered & clean. when i was rocking hydro my main issue was the humidity with over 250 gals of rezzies. was too much work for me end of the day.

some useless nuggets from a time not long ago:
picture.php

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Its been a real pleasure to use the hydroton..im using 1.5 " rw cubes. Only problem i had was stem rot from too frequent feedings. But son a ince fixing that its been smooth sailing. Only thing im thibking about now is how ill flower.( bubble buckets or pots filled with hydroton on a drip system).. :tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Tleaf jr how are your plants being watered, have pics of setup? I ran continuous feed recirculating in rockwool for a long time without stem rot issues, might be able help.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Just the normal 1" pvc with 3/8 " feed line inside coming from res below...watered 15 mins ever 90mins ...was watering ever hour but tht caused issues...extended the dry period and things are good now.

picture.php

picture.php

I made this mini table to learn the swing of hydro. Made from a cloning tray fyi.

Hope you don't mind the pics useless.

U

useless.gardens

it's showing, to me, there's buildup of (excess) salts, your nutes are too high ppm, or you havent cleaned in a while.

and i dont like that algae on the cubes at all. you can use a piece of black or white plastic to cover each cube. dont cut a hole in the center of a square though. just cut a slit and slip it around the plant.

me. id never do a seed(ling) the way you're doing it. too risky.

no criticism at all bro ! just my 2 cents.

but that larger plant looks hella sexy. that's what a flood table is all about.

i (and you and we in general) pay too much for seed. i treat them like fucking gold.

flip side, ill choke my girl when i bang that ass. does that mean i dont care? lol.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Lol i didnt pay for that seed these are all experimental plants just to see what works and doesn't. Also the feed isnt that high so that seedlibg should be fine, just a stock solution nun to fancy, kinda like a one size fits all thing but i feel what your saying though.

I do need to get off my lazy ass and clean though but im a lazy bastard lol. Oh i dont care for the algae either but they'll eventually get transplanted to sumn else , dont know what yet tho.

Way to rip into me useless lmao jk.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Those trays look pretty shallow, when your flood cycle happens is the water level reaching the tops of the cubes?

U

useless.gardens

desconocida kush by delicious seeds.

SEX: FEMINISED
LINEAGE: BAY 11 X UNKNOWN KUSH
GROW METHOD: INDOORS / OUTDOORS
HARVEST TIME: INDOORS - 60 DAYS/ OUTDOORS - MID OCTOBER
YIELD: 450-500 Gr INDOORS UP TO 800 Gr /PLANT OUTDOORS
TASTE: KUSH INCENSE WITH METALLIC OVERTONES AND LEMONY HAZE
AROMA: KUSH INCENSE WITH METALLIC NOTES
EFFECT: MEDICINAL
THC: +21%
MEDICINAL VALUE: INDICA/SATIVA MEDICAL EFECT

https://www.deliciousseeds.com/del_en/unknown-kush.html

picture.php

picking up nicely after a slow start. stoked on that.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The rockwool cube staying wet is usually what causes stock rot, once you have roots out of the bottom maybe try and prop the cube up somehow so they dont get submerged at all. I ran tables similar to issack (plastic roofing) with rockwool Hugo blocks set on top and just let the roots chase the running water out of the bottom of the cubes.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Yea i figured that was bad thats why i let them dry longer and added more fans for air flow and all that jazz.

U

useless.gardens

just popped 5 beans into my homemade shot glass :

alcatraz og by nor'star genetics. one of my favorite seed companies.

some of my favorite bean makers. no order of importance.

1) bodhi
2) relentless
3) exotix
4) nor'star
5) delicious seeds
6) golden lion
7) jaws
8) subcool
9) alien
10) & you guys

in an ideal world, i'd get some pollen from bodhi's "angelica" (started last week) & hit one of the "alcatraz" for a chucka-chuck. this cross would be called "juice card". prison slang for mad respect as in "he got that juice card".

just scored some collidal silver spray for... ? um ? ...projects:dance013:

my first deliberate, thought out, crosses are going to be:

afghan kush x platinum fire og (regs) would be called "chin check". no need to explain that im sure.

& stardawg guava x true og (fems) called "buck rodgers time". in prison slang this is a parole date so far away you cant even see it.

game on.

#authentic originals

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

cherry pie, lemon crippler, dog kush, jack the ripper, apollo11

Last edited: