What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know your'e old when....

N

noyd666

I'm smelling cat litter right now lol no smoke. smoked dried onion roots a long time ago, is a strong reeker ,lol. will clear the room.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
We dried and smoked the stringy things that are on the inside of a Banana peel.Were this info came from I have no idea.But it was not good.

I did collect roaches over

Did a whippet or 2 in my day:biggrin:

what is a 'whippet'?

i used to be so proud of my roach collection. lol
i found a plastic mother mary statue at a second hand store that had a small drawer in the bottom of the stand.
i am sure it was for prayer cards but i filled the drawer with roaches and during dry times that was the best treat.
i shudder at the thought of it now;)

do they still have 'roach clips'?
my roach clip had a leather cord with a feather and i used to hang it on my jean jacket or from my leather braided headband.
ugh, high school in a small town.
glad it is over.....
it does get better young ones:)

Ph-patrol

Veteran
what is a 'whippet'?

i found a plastic mother mary statue at a second hand store that had a small drawer in the bottom of the stand.
i am sure it was for prayer cards but i filled the drawer with roaches and during dry times that was the best treat.

my roach clip had a leather cord with a feather and i used to hang it on my jean jacket or from my leather braided headband.
glad it is over.....
You walk into a convenient store to the dairy section and find the canisters of whipped cream. Then keep the can right side up and then inhale the nitric oxide gas with out getting any cream.
reddi_wip.jpg

With out starting any dangerous trends.This will send you to another planet real quick.Got tossed out of a store over this that a friend worked at.His boss was not thrilled about our dairy project:biggrin:

dddaver

Veteran
I believe a whippet is the can of gas that propels whipped cream. Used in ice-cream shops for instance. I think it's Nitrous-oxide, laughing gas.

When I was about 15 I read somewhere you could trip from Morning-glory seeds, but you first needed to soak them in lemon juice to remove the toxic/poisons sprayed on the seeds that the distributors were required to spray on them to deter buyers ingesting them. So me and a buddy bought 3-5 packs or so, soaked them in 'Real Lemon' juice, overnight or something, and ate them. I don't remember if we even rinsed them with water first before eating them. DOH! Anyway, nothing happened.

Around that time I downed a fair amount of pills. Window pane blotter acid, orange sunshine (barrel shaped and orange), those red mescaline pills, soapers (Quaalude, smoked them too, white crosses (meth/speed/crank), snorted crystal meth, even smoked some peyote buttons.

I figured out that shit (pills) were really bad, but still smoked weed. Then in my 20s I quit weed for a military career (avoid getting nicked in those golden flow tests, and I studied so hard too, :biggrin:) and to raise my family. Wifey hated that 'happy smoke' anyway. Happy wife, happy life, they say....UH, OOPS!

Then after she died in 2006 and since I retired after screwing up my back on active duty, I went back growing and toking. Had finished a degree in education but my back hurt constantly and couldn't do it (teach) after awhile.

Regret doing them pills. But weed?, never. DARE really needs to get their shit together for kids to believe any of that garbage spewed at them and so that shit can be effective at all. As in pills are bad, weed is good, but moderation and wise use in anything.

But I vape mostly now. Still dig on smoke sometimes. Where the fuck did all that come from? :woohoo::biggrin: :tiphat:

DickAnubis

My favorite roach clip back in the day was shaped like a house key. When you squeezed the sides it opened like a scissor.
I think its still around here somewhere.

Whippets were quite dangerous as you could freeze your sinuses, but of course we did them anyway.
I was leary of them and didn't like the 35 second rush. Weed was much better and I didn't have to risk the A&P manager chasing me. Yes, we'd do them right in the dairy isle. One time my friend emptied the knee knocker.

There's a smoke shop here that sells roach clips. Everytime I go in the fellow behind the counter must verbally reinforce that they and everything else in the store is "for tobacco! for the cigarette!" Paraphenalia is vey illegal here and puts you in jail, do not stop at go.

Could you imagine people using roach clips on their filtered Newports?

Keeping to the thread's theme.
You know you're old when you find thirty five year old stash in a backgammon game.

Happened last Summer.

Walk with the green
DA

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
what is a 'whippet'?

glad it is over.....

mmmmmm , tasty tasty roachmeat - nothin like running out and having to break down and smoke roachmeat - personally , i use a 12" glass bong for meatsweats sessions

DickAnubis

Speaking of roaches, does anyone remember doing "spoons".
It was a common way to use up roaches.
We'd pile roaches in a tablespoon and heat another spoon on the stovetop until it was glowing red.
Press the red hot spoon down onto the roaches and a volcanic column of smoke shoots up.
We'd stand in a tight circle and inhale like mad.
Also an excellent method for making every inch of your face and hair stink to high heaven.
Great high.

One time we saved enough roaches to fill a small fry pan. When we heated another pan and pushed it down into the roaches the stream lasted a good five minutes. Powerhouse high! HA!

These were things we did back when. Glass was expensive as heck so we improvised.
Apples, don't forget to eat it afterwards.
Milk gallow drug buckets - gravity bong made with a pot of water, a plastic gallon milk jug and an alminum foil "screen".
Plumbing fittings made into elaboate pipes.

Jeez, we'd use anything to smoke out of, saving all our money for weed.

I'm old enough to have bought the new power hitter. Someone posted an ad for these somewhere, if you don't know what they look like.
Not easily concealed but worked like a charm.

DA

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
my mom always used to wonder why the tips of her butter knives were stained black.

you would think that we would have sticked with one knife for our 'hot knives' sessions but no... we had to ruin a whole set.
she never figured it out but i still feel guilty;)

you know you are old when ....
you are at home on a saturday night posting on icmag instead of downtown with the apes

DickAnubis

Ha! The entire set, that's fantastic. Only stoners!
Poor Mom.

Your know being old is a good thing...
When you have the wisdom to stay away from the Planet of the Apes so you can rise up hydrated and clear headed for Sunday's Wake & Bake.

Saturday night is amateur night, anyway.
I like going out on Wednesdays.
DA

M

moose eater

You know you're old when the clerks at the feed store offer you the 'gray beard' or 'wisdom' discounts, because their employer has wisely told them not to risk asking older people if they're senior citizens.

You know you're old when the best birthday present anyone got for you was a discounted breakfast at Denny's, and for the first time ever, you read the title of the 'Eggs Over My Hammy,' (or what ever it was), and laughed so hard your family pretended not to know you.

You know you're old when the 20-something-year-old chicks cause you to feel guilty for watching them, because they now all look like they -can't- be much older than 13 ..

You know you're old when having a successful bowel movement results in a victory yell from the bathroom, and everyone's first thought is that you've had some sort of medical emergency..

dddaver

Veteran
You know when u are old when u sit on ur balls when going to sit on the crapper.

Actually, dipping your balls in the cold water is a greater indicator. Then you also get to jump up in shock, trip over your pants around your ankles, smack your head when you fall, knocking your glasses cock-eyed on your face so you can't see, and shit all over because you were preparing to anyway. :biggrin:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
You know your old when you drove a real VW bug back in the day.
I miss my bug.

Bad girl Lol

EsterEssence

Veteran
Ahh the old oil on hot knives, original dabs... Made me think of all the things my mom asked me what is THIS for? Roaches I forgot all about roaches...