What's new

You know your'e old when....

non

Veteran
i'm only in my 30s. but last week a kid asked me was there televisions around when i was a kid. that kinda made me feel old :D

N

noyd666

starting to slow down a tad, so the gears are not meshing to well, that's right I have a crash box.

Cool Moe

Veteran
...when ya got an inch-long hair sticking straight outta your ear but you're too blind to notice

I wood

...when ya got an inch-long hair sticking straight outta your ear but you're too blind to notice

Hilarious.
Reminds me of once a couple of years ago my left eye was irritated for a couple of days straight. I make furniture for a living so sawdust in my eyes is a common thing and I kept fishing around trying to remove whatever it was. On the second or third day I finally noticed an eyebrow hair had curved down and was poking me in the eye
One snip and problem was solved.
I remember thinking at the time, " I have become my grandpa, well fuck me."
But like grandma used to say, growing old sucks but it beats the alternative.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I remember riding in the back of a pickup truck and seat belts in cars were optional.
The y must have predicted texting and driving in the future

N

noyd666

lol, I remember driving when there was no seatbelts. got thrown out a few times.

CoCoSativas

I remember riding in the back of a pickup truck and seat belts in cars were optional.
The y must have predicted texting and driving in the future

Well if you have a old car with no belts in my area you still don't need em... even if someone's texting and driving they could hit your 64 caddy and unless they were in a cement mixer you are laughing

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
When you find yourself telling someone how great manual chokes were.

Or about how disappointed you were when your family got a color TV, but most of the shows were still in black and white.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Well if you have a old car with no belts in my area you still don't need em... even if someone's texting and driving they could hit your 64 caddy and unless they were in a cement mixer you are laughing

yup. i had a Harley so old it didn't need horn, turn signals & shit. city cop pulls me over, starts writing tickets. old state trooper pulls in to see what's going on. looks at me & winks, says to young city cop "son, you're wasting a lot of ink on tickets that aint gonna fly...":biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My dad was 'ahead of the times'. In '59-'61, he had blue prints for a bomb shelter for our back yard. We wish that came to fruition- a new fort vs. digging a hole and placing left over Xmas tress (still with straggling stringy ice cycle strands) for our 'frontier fort'.

In '62, he started selling those clip seat belts you bolt from behind the front seats. Remember going with him a few times to see the puzzling looks on people's faces..."Seat Belts????!!!"

theclearspot

My dad was 'ahead of the times'. In '59-'61, he had blue prints for a bomb shelter for our back yard. We wish that came to fruition- a new fort vs. digging a hole and placing left over Xmas tress (still with straggling stringy ice cycle strands) for our 'frontier fort'.

In '62, he started selling those clip seat belts you bolt from behind the front seats. Remember going with him a few times to see the puzzling looks on people's faces..."Seat Belts????!!!"

Yep,we had an air raid shelter in our back garden. Still remember playing in it. It was a weird design , sort of double wall of bricks with a concrete slab on top.Not sure it was better than the house tbh. Lot of houses near us were hit by stray German bombs meant for the Docks. They had like cracks down the gable walls and stuff. Wow im so old I can remember that :comfort:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
You know your'e old when....

Can´t believe it.
My youngest child celebrates her 20th birthday today :woohoo:

Congrats to her :) :huggg:

P

Latest posts

Latest posts